Court Rivals Forums

An open forum to discuss issues related to Court Rivals!

You are not logged in.

#26 2009-10-10 16:00:56

MyNetsForLife
Member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2008-04-16
Posts: 11926
PM

Re: Nba2k10 Released!!

Oh, I started at 41 and only improved to 43 after training camp.

Sean Williams, Eddie Najera, and Melvin Ely are all ahead of Yi. It makes me giggle.


Pat led the passing with 7 assists, and his usual steady defensive play held the opposing first squad to no double-digit point getters. He was heard running down the court screaming "If I can't score, you won't either!"

There's a 50% chance of getting either live or die. Obviously you're more likely to die, but if there are two options there is a 50% chance of getting either. -SH

Offline

 

#27 2009-10-10 16:05:43

Renomitsu
Member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2008-06-05
Posts: 7744
PM

Re: Nba2k10 Released!!

MyNetsForLife wrote:

Oh, I started at 41 and only improved to 43 after training camp.

Sean Williams, Eddie Najera, and Melvin Ely are all ahead of Yi. It makes me giggle.

I'm an all-around shooting guard, but I'm at the bottom rung of the position battle ("likely to be cut" or something along those lines). I've survived three games of training camp and I'm with the Jazz, but the guys ahead of me have at least 15-20 points in each category on my player. I still have sub-50 offense and defense, and my rebounding is 25. sad

Offline

 

#28 2009-10-10 16:39:02

zobel.jake
Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: Chicago
Registered: 2008-07-14
Posts: 2899
PM

Re: Nba2k10 Released!!

my guy is 43 now and started at 40.  I survived the first 3 games of training camp, then got cut.  I was then picked up by the Austin Toros.  right now I'm averaging about 10.1 ppg and 3.5 assists for my all around pg.  I've noticed you gain a lot of points to your overall when you put some points into offensive and defensive awareness.


Dunkducks- Season 10 South Region Champs
TheSportsStuff.com- Season 12 Kareem League Champs

Offline

 

#29 2009-10-10 16:47:41

liljsmithjr
Member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2008-05-12
Posts: 3812
PM

Re: Nba2k10 Released!!

play the xboxlive arcade version and transfer that player.


http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/634.jpg

Offline

 

#30 2009-10-10 17:06:20

Renomitsu
Member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2008-06-05
Posts: 7744
PM

Re: Nba2k10 Released!!

zobel.jake wrote:

my guy is 43 now and started at 40.  I survived the first 3 games of training camp, then got cut.  I was then picked up by the Austin Toros.  right now I'm averaging about 10.1 ppg and 3.5 assists for my all around pg.  I've noticed you gain a lot of points to your overall when you put some points into offensive and defensive awareness.

I haven't really put a lot of skill points into physical/mental skills, but I'll keep that last bit in mind.

Offline

 

#31 2009-10-10 18:01:07

jz
Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: Chicago
Registered: 2008-07-13
Posts: 3935
PM

Re: Nba2k10 Released!!

Renomitsu wrote:

jz wrote:

I've managed to get "my player" up to a 50 after he started out 39. hmm

How far along are you? Did you finish training camp and start the regular season?

MyNetsForLife wrote:

I've been getting As for all of the games, besides the first. The Blazers didn't pick me up, so I chose to go to the Nets.

I was with the freaking LAKERS, but they didn't accept me into their training camp. sad

Im about 15 games into the season.


Speedsters-Season 9 Champions
Jamal Crawford-2 Time MVP

Offline

 

#32 2009-10-10 18:03:25

zobel.jake
Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: Chicago
Registered: 2008-07-14
Posts: 2899
PM

Re: Nba2k10 Released!!

Renomitsu wrote:

zobel.jake wrote:

my guy is 43 now and started at 40.  I survived the first 3 games of training camp, then got cut.  I was then picked up by the Austin Toros.  right now I'm averaging about 10.1 ppg and 3.5 assists for my all around pg.  I've noticed you gain a lot of points to your overall when you put some points into offensive and defensive awareness.

I haven't really put a lot of skill points into physical/mental skills, but I'll keep that last bit in mind.

yeah, I've mostly put my points into passing and shooting, and those are around 70-80, but my awareness was around 25, so it was easy to boost


Dunkducks- Season 10 South Region Champs
TheSportsStuff.com- Season 12 Kareem League Champs

Offline

 

#33 2009-10-10 18:25:05

OctaneHugo
Member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2008-06-11
Posts: 8979
PM

Re: Nba2k10 Released!!

Great, now I want to buy it D:


Offline

 

#34 2009-10-10 18:44:13

Renomitsu
Member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2008-06-05
Posts: 7744
PM

Re: Nba2k10 Released!!

zobel.jake wrote:

Renomitsu wrote:

zobel.jake wrote:

my guy is 43 now and started at 40.  I survived the first 3 games of training camp, then got cut.  I was then picked up by the Austin Toros.  right now I'm averaging about 10.1 ppg and 3.5 assists for my all around pg.  I've noticed you gain a lot of points to your overall when you put some points into offensive and defensive awareness.

I haven't really put a lot of skill points into physical/mental skills, but I'll keep that last bit in mind.

yeah, I've mostly put my points into passing and shooting, and those are around 70-80, but my awareness was around 25, so it was easy to boost

My shooting is generally around 65-70, but I got my on-ball defense to 75 just for good measure. The awareness attributes are under 100 skill points to boost for my guy (they're both 30 or something like that right now).

jz wrote:

Im about 15 games into the season.

Are you in the D-League, or are you a reserve/bench player in the NBA?

Offline

 

#35 2009-10-10 22:05:15

jz
Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: Chicago
Registered: 2008-07-13
Posts: 3935
PM

Re: Nba2k10 Released!!

Renomitsu wrote:

zobel.jake wrote:

Renomitsu wrote:


I haven't really put a lot of skill points into physical/mental skills, but I'll keep that last bit in mind.

yeah, I've mostly put my points into passing and shooting, and those are around 70-80, but my awareness was around 25, so it was easy to boost

My shooting is generally around 65-70, but I got my on-ball defense to 75 just for good measure. The awareness attributes are under 100 skill points to boost for my guy (they're both 30 or something like that right now).

jz wrote:

Im about 15 games into the season.

Are you in the D-League, or are you a reserve/bench player in the NBA?

D-league. I got cut from Clippers training camp 2 games in and got picked up by the Iowa Energy, who im pretty sure are the bulls farm team.


Speedsters-Season 9 Champions
Jamal Crawford-2 Time MVP

Offline

 

#36 2009-10-10 22:12:31

Renomitsu
Member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2008-06-05
Posts: 7744
PM

Re: Nba2k10 Released!!

jz wrote:

Renomitsu wrote:

zobel.jake wrote:


yeah, I've mostly put my points into passing and shooting, and those are around 70-80, but my awareness was around 25, so it was easy to boost

My shooting is generally around 65-70, but I got my on-ball defense to 75 just for good measure. The awareness attributes are under 100 skill points to boost for my guy (they're both 30 or something like that right now).

jz wrote:

Im about 15 games into the season.

Are you in the D-League, or are you a reserve/bench player in the NBA?

D-league. I got cut from Clippers training camp 2 games in and got picked up by the Iowa Energy, who im pretty sure are the bulls farm team.

I got up to 51 overall, but I was relegated to the D-League right after the fourth game (if memory serves me correctly) and I'm STILL the worst player on my team. sad

Now I've completed two games as part of the Utah Flash.

Offline

 

#37 2009-10-10 22:40:18

Raj Da Dodge
Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: Houston, TX
Registered: 2008-11-07
Posts: 4487
PM

Re: Nba2k10 Released!!

Ok so before I was readin this thread I wasn't gonna buy the game but now when I read it and saw that they have Superstar mode in this, its makin me change my mind now lol cuz I always wanted that in an NBA game and they finally got it! So idk which game I should get out of Madden 10 or 2k10! Maybe both! idk... but how's the game though??? Is it good? Better than 2k9 or worst than 2k9?

Offline

 

#38 2009-10-11 00:30:15

MyNetsForLife
Member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2008-04-16
Posts: 11926
PM

Re: Nba2k10 Released!!

I'm deeming "My Player" as the game of competitive screen setting. Jesus christ, being a PF is boring.


Pat led the passing with 7 assists, and his usual steady defensive play held the opposing first squad to no double-digit point getters. He was heard running down the court screaming "If I can't score, you won't either!"

There's a 50% chance of getting either live or die. Obviously you're more likely to die, but if there are two options there is a 50% chance of getting either. -SH

Offline

 

#39 2009-10-11 00:32:43

team rohan
Wants a real prize
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2008-07-13
Posts: 7456
PM

Re: Nba2k10 Released!!

Raj Da Dodge wrote:

Ok so before I was readin this thread I wasn't gonna buy the game but now when I read it and saw that they have Superstar mode in this, its makin me change my mind now lol cuz I always wanted that in an NBA game and they finally got it! So idk which game I should get out of Madden 10 or 2k10! Maybe both! idk... but how's the game though??? Is it good? Better than 2k9 or worst than 2k9?

Don't know if it sounds like a super-star mode to me tongue More like player destined for a 6th man role if not end of the bench mode...


http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/6784.jpg

Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like... f***in'... Shaft

Offline

 

#40 2009-10-11 00:39:58

Raj Da Dodge
Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: Houston, TX
Registered: 2008-11-07
Posts: 4487
PM

Re: Nba2k10 Released!!

team rohan wrote:

Raj Da Dodge wrote:

Ok so before I was readin this thread I wasn't gonna buy the game but now when I read it and saw that they have Superstar mode in this, its makin me change my mind now lol cuz I always wanted that in an NBA game and they finally got it! So idk which game I should get out of Madden 10 or 2k10! Maybe both! idk... but how's the game though??? Is it good? Better than 2k9 or worst than 2k9?

Don't know if it sounds like a super-star mode to me tongue More like player destined for a 6th man role if not end of the bench mode...

oh lol...well whats the actual name they use?

Offline

 

#41 2009-10-11 01:05:36

OctaneHugo
Member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2008-06-11
Posts: 8979
PM

Re: Nba2k10 Released!!

MyNetsForLife wrote:

I'm deeming "My Player" as the game of competitive screen setting. Jesus christ, being a PF is boring.

When you think about it, power forwards spend 95% of their time doing these things:
-Defending
-Screen Setting
-Rebounding

4.5%
-Shooting
-Running

.5%
-Dunking


Offline

 

#42 2009-10-11 06:37:26

ToFuSmurF
Papa Smurf
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2008-09-17
Posts: 12859
PM

Re: Nba2k10 Released!!

Currently in the Houston Rockets training camp.  Survived 2 games thus far, watched David Andersen get cut.  Averaging around 10ppg with 7rpg and 3apg along with near 50% shooting.  I hope I survive more days, they said I needed to work on my defense....AFTER I had to spend a game guarding Tracy McGrady (healthy).

Ugh, first it was Trevor Ariza and my 2nd game was Tracy...the joy of it all.


Season 10 & 11 Kareem Champions: Just Blaze Season 14 & 15 Champions: Boom Goes The Odenite
Season 12 Bird Champions: Full Eclipse Season 15 Champions: RK Beer Barons
Season 16 West Champions: Even Money
Ballin 4 Dummies (Season 12): 41-1 Regular Season Record

Offline

 

#43 2009-10-11 06:56:16

Rusty
Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: Melbourne, AUS
Registered: 2008-06-11
Posts: 859
PM  Website

Re: Nba2k10 Released!!

MyNetsForLife wrote:

I'm deeming "My Player" as the game of competitive screen setting. Jesus christ, being a PF is boring.

The following has nothing to do with my guy being a PF (coz he ain't... he's a 6'3" two-guard), but I felt I needed to quote you to get your attention to the following...

My guy played for the FUCKING KNICKS summer-league team. THE FUCKING KNICKS! of all the teams! Dude... the game hates me.

As far as my guy's performances go.... (playing for the Maine Red Claws)

My team is 3-6 through its first nine games and I'm averaging 6 points, 3 assists, and 0 turnovers in 15 minutes per game. In other words, I'm the most useless player on the worst team. YES!


http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/3842.jpg
l #15 l V. Carter (Season 12 playoffs MVP) l TheSportsStuff.com (Season 12 Champions) l SG l

Click this

Offline

 

#44 2009-10-11 07:06:35

ToFuSmurF
Papa Smurf
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2008-09-17
Posts: 12859
PM

Re: Nba2k10 Released!!

Rusty wrote:

MyNetsForLife wrote:

I'm deeming "My Player" as the game of competitive screen setting. Jesus christ, being a PF is boring.

The following has nothing to do with my guy being a PF (coz he ain't... he's a 6'3" two-guard), but I felt I needed to quote you to get your attention to the following...

My guy played for the FUCKING KNICKS summer-league team. THE FUCKING KNICKS! of all the teams! Dude... the game hates me.

As far as my guy's performances go.... (playing for the Maine Red Claws)

My team is 3-6 through its first nine games and I'm averaging 6 points, 3 assists, and 0 turnovers in 15 minutes per game. In other words, I'm the most useless player on the worst team. YES!

Don't hate on the Maine Red Claws...I ordered a t-shirt for that team online, albeit cause I thought the idea was laughable.

I didn't stay with the OKC Thunder after those first 6 games in the Summer Circuit, but I did get to choose a summer camp with basically any other team in the NBA, now being a Laker fan I could've joined the Lakers....but being a SG, I just didn't want to guard Kobe my first game, then get cut cause I didn't hold him to 41% shooting or under 9pts.  So I joined my 2nd fav team in the Rockets.  Who knew they would have me starting at SF against T-Mac and Ariza.  Ugh, thank god I've survived so far, I need to sleep to prepare myself for the next nightmare.


Season 10 & 11 Kareem Champions: Just Blaze Season 14 & 15 Champions: Boom Goes The Odenite
Season 12 Bird Champions: Full Eclipse Season 15 Champions: RK Beer Barons
Season 16 West Champions: Even Money
Ballin 4 Dummies (Season 12): 41-1 Regular Season Record

Offline

 

#45 2009-10-11 12:46:25

MyNetsForLife
Member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2008-04-16
Posts: 11926
PM

Re: Nba2k10 Released!!

The idea of a pick and roll seemingly does not work with the computer.


Pat led the passing with 7 assists, and his usual steady defensive play held the opposing first squad to no double-digit point getters. He was heard running down the court screaming "If I can't score, you won't either!"

There's a 50% chance of getting either live or die. Obviously you're more likely to die, but if there are two options there is a 50% chance of getting either. -SH

Offline

 

#46 2009-10-11 13:07:13

grier13
Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: Charlotte
Registered: 2008-06-27
Posts: 4603
PM

Re: Nba2k10 Released!!

started out 40 and i'm 48 in the 3rd game of training camp/

Offline

 

#47 2009-10-11 13:08:52

Raj Da Dodge
Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: Houston, TX
Registered: 2008-11-07
Posts: 4487
PM

Re: Nba2k10 Released!!

ToFuSmurF wrote:

Currently in the Houston Rockets training camp.  Survived 2 games thus far, watched David Andersen get cut.  Averaging around 10ppg with 7rpg and 3apg along with near 50% shooting.  I hope I survive more days, they said I needed to work on my defense....AFTER I had to spend a game guarding Tracy McGrady (healthy).

Ugh, first it was Trevor Ariza and my 2nd game was Tracy...the joy of it all.

u play for my team homie?

Offline

 

#48 2009-10-11 13:13:20

Crashnburn_
Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: New Jersey
Registered: 2009-06-11
Posts: 5215
PM

Re: Nba2k10 Released!!

The whole superstar mode is outdated, tbh. If they want to do something special with it, they need to make it an online mode.


http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/37651.jpg

Offline

 

#49 2009-10-11 13:15:56

MyNetsForLife
Member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2008-04-16
Posts: 11926
PM

Re: Nba2k10 Released!!

There is an online mode for superstar.

I got an A+. My team lost by 30. But hey, I set some really nice screens!


Pat led the passing with 7 assists, and his usual steady defensive play held the opposing first squad to no double-digit point getters. He was heard running down the court screaming "If I can't score, you won't either!"

There's a 50% chance of getting either live or die. Obviously you're more likely to die, but if there are two options there is a 50% chance of getting either. -SH

Offline

 

#50 2009-10-11 13:17:47

ToFuSmurF
Papa Smurf
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2008-09-17
Posts: 12859
PM

Re: Nba2k10 Released!!

Raj Da Dodge wrote:

ToFuSmurF wrote:

Currently in the Houston Rockets training camp.  Survived 2 games thus far, watched David Andersen get cut.  Averaging around 10ppg with 7rpg and 3apg along with near 50% shooting.  I hope I survive more days, they said I needed to work on my defense....AFTER I had to spend a game guarding Tracy McGrady (healthy).

Ugh, first it was Trevor Ariza and my 2nd game was Tracy...the joy of it all.

u play for my team homie?

Not anymore.

I matched up with T-Mac again T.T

They cut me, even though I had 6pts 8asts 1stl 1blk and 3rbs.

Now I'm on the Reno Bighorns sad

At least I'm in my 2nd home state. tongue


Season 10 & 11 Kareem Champions: Just Blaze Season 14 & 15 Champions: Boom Goes The Odenite
Season 12 Bird Champions: Full Eclipse Season 15 Champions: RK Beer Barons
Season 16 West Champions: Even Money
Ballin 4 Dummies (Season 12): 41-1 Regular Season Record

Offline

 

Board footer

Powered by PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2005 Rickard Andersson