Court Rivals Forums

An open forum to discuss issues related to Court Rivals!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Enter your announcement here.

#176 2009-11-09 17:45:58

Raj Da Dodge
Accomplishments: 0
PM

Re: NBA

malice wrote:

Raj Da Dodge wrote:

Harbour wrote:

I just realised/thought about it - Shaquille O'Neal has played alongside LeBron, Kobe and D-Wade now....Only player to do that? Will he be the only player to ever do that?

It's not that significant - But it's kinda cool.

and Penny Hardaway and Steve Nash.

Ummm... say what?

he just mentioned Kobe, Lebron, and Wade. He didnt mention the other 2.

#177 2009-11-09 17:54:26

malice
In Wonderland
PM  Website

Ummm... so tell me Raj: how many titles did he win with Penny Hardaway and Steve Nash?
(I think that's the whole point of the comment)

Last edited by malice (2009-11-09 17:54:48)

Causticly Rude Arkham Psychos - S13 Champions
Blaze Armada - S30 Champions

#178 2009-11-09 17:55:02

team rohan
Wants a real prize
PM

I guess they were mentiond cos those 3 are prolly seen as the 3 biggest stars in the NBA right now...plus he won a ring with Kobe and Wade and if you ask some people he has a shot at a ring with LBJ (why does he get his firs name mentioned but noone else?).

Well Malice beat me to it tongue

Last edited by team rohan (2009-11-09 17:58:23)

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/6784.jpg

Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like... f***in'... Shaft

#179 2009-11-09 17:56:27

Raj Da Dodge
PM

malice wrote:

Ummm... so tell me Raj: how many titles did he win with Penny Hardaway and Steve Nash?
(I think that's the whole point of the comment)

oh ok lol. Well he's been to the finals with Penny but I'm pretty sure everyone knows what happened then lol wink

#180 2009-11-09 19:57:18

malice
In Wonderland
PM  Website

And in what could be a set-up to his imminent departure from Cleveland, LBJ tells the world:

In New York for a game against the Knicks last week, James said "a max deal or anything like that doesn't really matter to me at the end of the day. It's all about winning for me."

Causticly Rude Arkham Psychos - S13 Champions
Blaze Armada - S30 Champions

#181 2009-11-09 20:04:08

Harbour
Captain Kiwi
PM  Website

malice wrote:

And in what could be a set-up to his imminent departure from Cleveland, LBJ tells the world:

In New York for a game against the Knicks last week, James said "a max deal or anything like that doesn't really matter to me at the end of the day. It's all about winning for me."

This may be incredibly over-simplifying it.

But if he can't win a championship with Mo Williams and Shaq - Why could he win one with David Lee and Chris Duhon?

5 Rings (S6 Franchise Underdogs, S8 Franchise Underdogs, S16 Even Money, S18 The Studmuffin Bakery, S45 Franchise Connection)
2 MVPs, 1 Finals MVP, 2 DPoY, S10 Sportsmanship

#182 2009-11-09 20:19:38

ToFuSmurF
Papa Smurf
PM

Harbour wrote:

malice wrote:

But if he can't win a championship with Mo Williams and Shaq - Why could he win one with David Lee and Chris Duhon?

It's not for David Lee or Chris Duhon, its for the cap space that NY will have to possibly sign Chris Bosh or Dwayne Wade.  The biggest component is that cap space to get LeBron AND another star.

Just to clarify.

Season 10 & 11 Kareem Champions: Just Blaze Season 14 & 15 Champions: Boom Goes The Odenite
Season 12 Bird Champions: Full Eclipse Season 15 Champions: RK Beer Barons
Season 16 West Champions: Even Money
Ballin 4 Dummies (Season 12): 41-1 Regular Season Record

#183 2009-11-09 20:25:39

bbkaos
PM

It will be interesting to see what ends up happening.  For a guy with his endorsement income, wouldn't it make sense to take a slightly lower salary to wind up in a winning situation?

9 Championships (5 Jordan, 3 West, 1 Kareem)

#184 2009-11-09 20:25:46

gochiefwahoo14
PM

LBJ and Chris Bosh will unite in Cleveland.

"They're gonna be poised, were gonna be more poised, they're gonna work hard, were gonna work harder, they gonna have fun, we gonna have more fun, they gonna try hard, were gonna win" -Eric Snow

#185 2009-11-09 20:25:51

Crashnburn_
PM

ToFuSmurF wrote:

Harbour wrote:

malice wrote:

It's not for David Lee or Chris Duhon, its for the cap space that NY will have to possibly sign Chris Bosh or Dwayne Wade.  The biggest component is that cap space to get LeBron AND another star.

Just to clarify.

For him to go to the Knicks, they'll need to sign somebody (maybe somebodies) that he can win a title with first, imo. I don't really see that happening without him already signed though. Kind of a Catch22 for the Knicks.

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/37651.jpg

#186 2009-11-09 20:33:58

WFUnDina
PM

Why does everyone think he needs another freaking center to play beside him?   

Just go get Rudy Gay. Damn, its not hard to figure out.

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/6656.jpg
My blog in the works.... http://nohomersallowed.blogspot.com/

#187 2009-11-09 20:41:01

gochiefwahoo14
PM

The answer is Mickael Pietrus. Just because i love him. I wouldnt mind seeing Michael Finley.

"They're gonna be poised, were gonna be more poised, they're gonna work hard, were gonna work harder, they gonna have fun, we gonna have more fun, they gonna try hard, were gonna win" -Eric Snow

#188 2009-11-09 20:45:24

ToFuSmurF
Papa Smurf
PM

Crashnburn_ wrote:

ToFuSmurF wrote:

Harbour wrote:

Just to clarify.

For him to go to the Knicks, they'll need to sign somebody (maybe somebodies) that he can win a title with first, imo. I don't really see that happening without him already signed though. Kind of a Catch22 for the Knicks.

My thoughts exactly.

Season 10 & 11 Kareem Champions: Just Blaze Season 14 & 15 Champions: Boom Goes The Odenite
Season 12 Bird Champions: Full Eclipse Season 15 Champions: RK Beer Barons
Season 16 West Champions: Even Money
Ballin 4 Dummies (Season 12): 41-1 Regular Season Record

#189 2009-11-09 20:49:39

MyNetsForLife
PM

WFUnDina wrote:

Because Rudy Gay is a chucker who does not play hard?

Joe Johnson is a much better fit.

Last edited by MyNetsForLife (2009-11-09 20:49:59)

Pat led the passing with 7 assists, and his usual steady defensive play held the opposing first squad to no double-digit point getters. He was heard running down the court screaming "If I can't score, you won't either!"

There's a 50% chance of getting either live or die. Obviously you're more likely to die, but if there are two options there is a 50% chance of getting either. -SH

#190 2009-11-09 20:50:12

MyNetsForLife
PM

ToFuSmurF wrote:

Harbour wrote:

malice wrote:

Just to clarify.

There won't be enough money.

Pat led the passing with 7 assists, and his usual steady defensive play held the opposing first squad to no double-digit point getters. He was heard running down the court screaming "If I can't score, you won't either!"

There's a 50% chance of getting either live or die. Obviously you're more likely to die, but if there are two options there is a 50% chance of getting either. -SH

#191 2009-11-09 21:02:38

Harbour
Captain Kiwi
PM  Website

ToFuSmurF wrote:

Harbour wrote:

malice wrote:

Just to clarify.

I don't think there will be enough money for them to sign LeBron to what will have to be almost a max contract - If not a max contract - AND another star (ie Bosh)...

It would be a hell of a lot easier for...

1) LeBron Opts Out
2) Cleveland uses their new cap space on Bosh
3) Cleveland re-signs LeBron on Bird Rights

So they basically add Bosh, and probably lose Shaq. That'll be easier to win a championship with - and a hell of a lot more likely, than going to New York and signing 1 other half-decent person maybe along with LeBron.

5 Rings (S6 Franchise Underdogs, S8 Franchise Underdogs, S16 Even Money, S18 The Studmuffin Bakery, S45 Franchise Connection)
2 MVPs, 1 Finals MVP, 2 DPoY, S10 Sportsmanship

#192 2009-11-09 21:15:21

danny220
PM

Harbour wrote:

ToFuSmurF wrote:

Harbour wrote:

Just to clarify.

I don't think there will be enough money for them to sign LeBron to what will have to be almost a max contract - If not a max contract - AND another star (ie Bosh)...

1) LeBron Opts Out

So they basically add Bosh, and probably lose Shaq. That'll be easier to win a championship with - and a hell of a lot more likely, than going to New York and signing 1 other half-decent person maybe along with LeBron.

speaking of NBA Harbour the CPMD just started again and we are in the process of drafting. You could be my coach if you want to. Shoot me a pm if you want.

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/8006.jpg

#193 2009-11-09 21:17:23

WFUnDina
PM

MyNetsForLife wrote:

WFUnDina wrote:

Why the truck would you play hard on that team?  Joe Johnson is to selfish.  Gay is the better fit for Lebron.

#194 2009-11-09 21:25:28

Raj Da Dodge
PM

Man why are yall and everyone else so worried about Lebron's future and this summer's offseason and where everyone ends up this summer when this season just started? Shouldnt yall focus on this season and enjoy what it has to bring??? lol yall are worried about where who goes where this summer when this season has barely begun...

#195 2009-11-09 21:26:41

bbkaos
PM

Yep, I have been up at nights, because I am so worried about it smile

....its fun to speculate about stuff

9 Championships (5 Jordan, 3 West, 1 Kareem)

#196 2009-11-09 21:27:31

MyNetsForLife
PM

Harbour wrote:

ToFuSmurF wrote:

Harbour wrote:

Just to clarify.

1) LeBron Opts Out

No, they'd have to renounce LeBron's bird rights to free the cap hold.

#197 2009-11-09 21:29:21

MyNetsForLife
PM

WFUnDina wrote:

MyNetsForLife wrote:

WFUnDina wrote:

Why the truck would you play hard on that team?  Joe Johnson is to selfish.  Gay is the better fit for Lebron.

How is Joe Johnson selfish, on the court?

Baron Davis and Stephen Jackson played hard defense while on shitty warrior teams. OJ Mayo and Marc Gasol play hard on the Grizzlies. Shit, the Nets have been playing hard with 8 damn players left (only one of whom was a starter), and were leading the Celtics through three, and almost beat the 76ers.

Losing is a bullshit reason to not try hard.

Last edited by MyNetsForLife (2009-11-09 21:29:36)

#198 2009-11-09 21:42:54

WFUnDina
PM

Mayo and Gasol just got there, Rudy's been there a few years and had to watch them not try and build a team around him. 

Oh and Baron Davis and Stephen Jackson, don't play hard defense, only when they want to, just like everyone else.  IF Gay was a Net, you'd love him.

#199 2009-11-09 21:44:49

MyNetsForLife
PM

WFUnDina wrote:

Mayo and Gasol just got there, Rudy's been there a few years and had to watch them not try and build a team around him. 

Oh and Baron Davis and Stephen Jackson, don't play hard defense, only when they want to, just like everyone else.  IF Gay was a Net, you'd love him.

Why would I love Rudy Gay if he was a Net? I hated Richard Jefferson the last two years he was here, and he's pretty much of the same mindset of Rudy Gay.

Last edited by MyNetsForLife (2009-11-09 21:45:41)

#200 2009-11-09 21:51:10

WFUnDina
PM

MyNetsForLife wrote:

WFUnDina wrote:

Why would I love Rudy Gay if he was a Net? I hated Richard Jefferson the last two years he was here, and he's pretty much of the same mindset of Rudy Gay.

I don't they are anything alike.

Board footer