Court Rivals Forums

An open forum to discuss issues related to Court Rivals!

You are not logged in.

#26 2009-12-22 01:29:44

dss02
Accomplishments: 0
PM

Re: Bird the toughest league?

SwaggerJ wrote:

Bird is tougher just because it has Always Ballin.

/thread

FYP

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/25299.jpg
Thank you Even Money Team Mates, We WON
And [Expletive Deleted] you D HOWARD, you sorry Ebaying [Expletive Deleted]

#27 2009-12-22 21:54:08

rashameljones2
PM

do away with split leagues and use a graduation system instead.

jordan = ALL playground... or teams established, say within the last 3 seasons.     At end of season, x% of top teams graduate to bird. 

bird =  ALL college teams - that have graduated up from jordan/playground..  At end of season, x% of top teams graduate to kareem. 

kareem = ALL pro teams which have graduated up from bird/college.  They can stay pro for ever, natural attrition should make room for new teams without overloading leagues...but you can also bump teams down that underpeform.

within all leagues you can still have A, B & C divisions - possibly more if they get too deep - to rank and matchup up opponents based with opponents of similar strength.

each league plays for its own championship!!

This should give ample incentive to recruit and train and build your team... and could guarantee all the best teams in CR play each other at every level... eventually fighting for an ultimate pro championship.

#28 2009-12-22 22:22:45

barcelonafan8
PM

rashameljones2 wrote:

jordan = ALL playground... or teams established, say within the last 3 seasons.     At end of season, x% of top teams graduate to bird. 

bird =  ALL college teams - that have graduated up from jordan/playground..  At end of season, x% of top teams graduate to kareem. 

kareem = ALL pro teams which have graduated up from bird/college.  They can stay pro for ever, natural attrition should make room for new teams without overloading leagues...but you can also bump teams down that underpeform.

within all leagues you can still have A, B & C divisions - possibly more if they get too deep - to rank and matchup up opponents based with opponents of similar strength.

This should give ample incentive to recruit and train and build your team... and could guarantee all the best teams in CR play each other at every level... eventually fighting for an ultimate pro championship.

interesting but it would require a complete overhaul of the system and Kaz doesn't want to do any more work than what is required

#29 2009-12-22 23:19:21

JLudd
PM

lol that is a big hurdle

#30 2009-12-22 23:26:55

Team Nucleus
Press Member
PM  Website

Bird League is the Baddest Mofo in the game hands down but I'm bias cuz I play here big_smile

#31 2009-12-22 23:40:26

kellyshoppach10
PM

barcelonafan8 wrote:

rashameljones2 wrote:

interesting but it would require a complete overhaul of the system and Kaz doesn't want to do any more work than what is required

yeah all the work you just described sounds like something a good websites staff would change...idk though, it would be neat. not going to happen though smile

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/933.jpg
Norman Sooners (Pro A Kareem), RK Croquet Hoes (Pro A Bird), Wagga Wagga Wombat Collective (GR)
Total Playoff Games: 93,  2nd Round: 25, Sweet 16: 18, Elite Eight: 15, Final Four: 6, Championship Game: 3, Championships: 1
Nosotros Somos Basquetball~Captain~Season 6-13 RIP NSB

#32 2009-12-24 00:57:49

the B&G
PM

yeah bird league has definitely stepped up in the 3 seasons that i've been in it. Some very good teams in bird.

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/666.jpg

Creator of Wizards Extreme Ballers and Death Row aka The W

#33 2009-12-24 02:05:13

Stu pac
PM

In bird right now every team in pro A and B are LEGIT teams....

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/6106.jpg
Mr. Clutch Erectile Disfunction Xperiment- "Were not fucking around" (1st teamer)
Mr. Swish Erectile Disfunction Xperiment
Darth Maul Heart of the Champions (17.1 apg)

#34 2009-12-24 03:11:36

malice
In Wonderland
PM  Website

kellyshoppach10 wrote:

barcelonafan8 wrote:

rashameljones2 wrote:

yeah all the work you just described sounds like something a good websites staff would change...idk though, it would be neat. not going to happen though smile

I disagree.  You're basing everything on the one experience.  I enjoy the newness of Jordan (it's STILL new), and I love the revolving aspect of West. 
Which leads me to the inaccuracy of the thread's title... "Bird the deepest league?" might have been more accurate.  Because West's a tougher experience.

The original idea behind changing to two leagues was to provide a chance for others to experience winning.  The expansion to Jordan/West means that can be provided without the presence of Bird.
And besides West - which is a very different experience anyway - Bird's the smallest league.
I'd be behind a re-united primary league.

Last edited by malice (2009-12-24 03:11:59)

Causticly Rude Arkham Psychos - S13 Champions
Blaze Armada - S30 Champions

#35 2009-12-24 09:39:03

mutigers28
PM

malice wrote:

kellyshoppach10 wrote:

barcelonafan8 wrote:

I disagree.  You're basing everything on the one experience.  I enjoy the newness of Jordan (it's STILL new), and I love the revolving aspect of West. 
Which leads me to the inaccuracy of the thread's title... "Bird the deepest league?" might have been more accurate.  Because West's a tougher experience.

The original idea behind changing to two leagues was to provide a chance for others to experience winning.  The expansion to Jordan/West means that can be provided without the presence of Bird.
And besides West - which is a very different experience anyway - Bird's the smallest league.
I'd be behind a re-united primary league.

Yeah I think Kareem and Bird should reunite and then Jordan and West stay the same.

2 Championships: Question Mark S14, Candy Trafficking Task Force S14

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/1348.jpg

#36 2009-12-24 12:45:51

rashameljones2
PM

I could live with a Kareem-Bird reunification.  There was something magical about clawing your way up from the piles of Playground teams in the one league days.  I mean, we started our team in season 4 and were already significantly behind a ton of others.  Plus, it took a good 3-4 seasons just to really learn how to train and win and improve.  After 10 seasons and more than a year of training we finally have a legit Pro A team.

And maybe that's a drawback.  The idea that it might take a year to rise to the top of the charts may have chased me away when i was just a noob.

The competitive side of me like the challenge re-unification would bring.  But maybe there's a way to reward top playground and college teams - or establish some landmarks in team growth and achievement that work as incentive to keep teams together and keep training.

The longer teams and individuals stay active in CR the better the level of competition.

Just my take.

Happy Holidays.

Board footer