Court Rivals Forums

An open forum to discuss issues related to Court Rivals!

You are not logged in.

#51 2010-02-01 01:01:09

dss02
Accomplishments: 0
PM

Re: Just Ask Axe

Axe-Grinder wrote:

In line with a request in Doctor Nick's What needs to be fixed? thread,

Crashnburn_ wrote:

10. A Q+A session with a staff member once every month, every other week, whatever. Whenever somebody can sit down for an hour or two and do it. Let users really know what they need to and satisfy the voice of the community. I guarantee that if Kaz was to make time for this one day every month, activity would pick up.

I'm putting this thread up, and leaving it open to questions for a while. Some questions might be answered quickly, some might take me a while to get to. But I promise to try and answer all reasonable questions.
Oh -- and stupidity won't be tolerated within this thread.

So, ask away!

any word on this:

Crashnburn_ wrote:

11. Ban TN. tongue

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/25299.jpg
Thank you Even Money Team Mates, We WON
And [Expletive Deleted] you D HOWARD, you sorry Ebaying [Expletive Deleted]

#52 2010-02-01 01:27:47

Axe-Grinder
Another axe to grind...
Website

mikasa032 wrote:

What happened to Drybones and Captain Hammer?

Life.

pat_mac05 wrote:

Is it possible to get more formalised answers from the mod team regarding suggestions.  There is a abundance of suggestions relating to roll back / height change yet it seems to being avoided being mentioned in any updates.  This is a suggestion that is reasonable and has benefits for both the users and the owners of the site.

I appreciate the effort you and Dr Nick have been making of late on a higher level, however more attention to specific suggestions would be warmly welcomed.

Well, to a point -- maybe. The issue would be that many users would hold a "maybe" as something written in stone, and that would create even greater degree of angst among users. In regards to height, my own opinion is that it shouldn't be something that's easily changed. It seems to me that people moan about the lack of reality in this game -- but when it suits them they're happy to ignore that complaint completely.

And "...the effort you and Dr Nick have been making of late on a higher level..."? I'll only comment as regards to me, but this is interesting for me: as I don't think my level of activity is much changed since I became a mod. 

OctaneHugo wrote:

So, axe, has there been any discussion of changes to the game? Or is that stuff idle for now, with other business taking priority?

If you mean the sim, then no. Not at the moment. We feel there are other issues that should come first.

marv88harrison wrote:

Axe-Grinder wrote:

marv88harrison wrote:

In the last month has anyone posted in the mod cave besides yourself, Dr. Nick, TheKaz, and PV?

Actually, yes.

We're any of these posts not along the lines of "Sorry I haven't been around guys"?

Actually, no.

Slightly Hyphy wrote:

He could lock it when he leaves.

Now there's an idea.

"Hindsight is always 20-20, but looking back it's still a bit fuzzy."

#53 2010-02-01 06:35:42

Axe-Grinder
Another axe to grind...
Website

Open again, for a little while. I'll be around on and off.

#54 2010-02-01 06:39:40

Blowcaine
Adrian Young
Rutgers Scarlet Knights
Accomplishments: 51
PM

what is one change, personally, you like to see made?

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/4535.jpg         

Rutgers Scarlet Knights(C)   ||   Ballin For Dummies
Candy Trafficking Task Force

#55 2010-02-01 06:44:57

tmoney20
Earl "The Dish" Monroe
CR Oldstars
Accomplishments: 30
PM

Any insight into what specific issues are getting the most discussion in the mod cave right now?

#56 2010-02-01 07:14:13

Axe-Grinder
Another axe to grind...
Website

Blowcaine wrote:

what is one change, personally, you like to see made?

That's a tough one. Probably going with automated player transfers.

tmoney20 wrote:

Any insight into what specific issues are getting the most discussion in the mod cave right now?

Yes, we're discussing what comes next with regards to updating information.

#57 2010-02-01 11:07:11

Doctor Nick
Hi, everybody!
Website

Axe-Grinder wrote:

Slightly Hyphy wrote:

What is the next big addition (sim related, community related, sale related etc.) planned for Court Rivals?

At this stage, I don't exactly know. I do know that we're looking at a lot of the suggestions. The biggest thing on the slate at the moment is basically getting the game information updated to where it should be, so that it more accurately reflects the changes that have already occurred.
I'll do a bit more work and see if there's anything particularly imminent.

To add to this... I think we're more concerned with cleaning the game up at the moment than adding anything "big". I really think it's the right way to go about it. Cleaning the help section, making a decision about the game analysis, etc. Not that Kaz will ignore adding anything to the game, but our emphasis is on clean-up.

#58 2010-02-01 11:10:37

Doctor Nick
Hi, everybody!
Website

Slightly Hyphy wrote:

Can I have a one day access to the mod cave? Kinda like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?

Send us the serial number from your golden ticket and we'll confirm if you're a winner.

#59 2010-02-01 11:15:30

Doctor Nick
Hi, everybody!
Website

Axe-Grinder wrote:

mikasa032 wrote:

What happened to Drybones and Captain Hammer?

Life.

Basically. I don't think it hurts anyone to tell you that Drybones actually had a career change, and is simply unable to be around a computer like he had been in the past.

#60 2010-02-01 11:19:24

Doctor Nick
Hi, everybody!
Website

pat_mac05 wrote:

Is it possible to get more formalised answers from the mod team regarding suggestions.  There is a abundance of suggestions relating to roll back / height change yet it seems to being avoided being mentioned in any updates.  This is a suggestion that is reasonable and has benefits for both the users and the owners of the site.

I appreciate the effort you and Dr Nick have been making of late on a higher level, however more attention to specific suggestions would be warmly welcomed.

It is very difficult for us to comment on suggestions. Kaz is really the only one that can do it. All we can really do is acknowledge that we've seen it and passed it on. As far as if they'll actually make it into the game, we're in the dark a lot of times. Usually though, if we're talking about an idea pretty in depth, we can get a pretty good idea that it's going to get added. Then we'll probably say something, or ask for more user input. I think we're also hesitant to make false promises. We'd hate to post something we think is a great idea, only for it to get shot down or run into trouble.

#61 2010-02-01 17:49:09

Axe-Grinder
Another axe to grind...
Website

Damnation, left the backdoor open again.

Anyway, open for business.

#62 2010-02-01 17:51:30

Team Nucleus
Press Member
Michael Jordan
UNBA Globetrotters
Accomplishments: 39
PM  Website

Axe-Grinder wrote:

Damnation, left the backdoor open again.

Anyway, open for business.

Should of used these big_smile
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk145/EvilGrasshoppa/LoveLocks.jpg

Last edited by Team Nucleus (2010-02-01 17:53:48)

#63 2010-02-01 17:54:00

The Big N
Lebron James
Legacy-Reborn
Accomplishments: 40
PM  Website

Doctor Nick wrote:

Axe-Grinder wrote:

Slightly Hyphy wrote:

What is the next big addition (sim related, community related, sale related etc.) planned for Court Rivals?

At this stage, I don't exactly know. I do know that we're looking at a lot of the suggestions. The biggest thing on the slate at the moment is basically getting the game information updated to where it should be, so that it more accurately reflects the changes that have already occurred.

To add to this... I think we're more concerned with cleaning the game up at the moment than adding anything "big". I really think it's the right way to go about it. Cleaning the help section, making a decision about the game analysis, etc. Not that Kaz will ignore adding anything to the game, but our emphasis is on clean-up.

I would really like to see the game analysis changed. Not that its bad or anything but it would be cool to have something new. Maybe like some light green and red colors to go along with it. tongue

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/610.jpg
"Ever wish you could smack somebody through the internet?" Crashnburn_
West League Player of the Day Awards
Experimental Team Build Team

#64 2010-02-01 17:56:56

Team Nucleus
Press Member
Michael Jordan
UNBA Globetrotters
PM  Website

The Big N wrote:

Doctor Nick wrote:

Axe-Grinder wrote:

I would really like to see the game analysis changed. Not that its bad or anything but it would be cool to have something new. Maybe like some light green and red colors to go along with it. tongue

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk145/EvilGrasshoppa/AtariBasketball02.jpg

Then they could dunk wink

#65 2010-02-01 17:57:45

The Big N
Lebron James
Legacy-Reborn
PM  Website

lol. I was talking more about how it showed how much people scored and maybe tabs that made it easier to view multiple games.. but ya thats cool too.

#66 2010-02-01 18:14:11

Axe-Grinder
Another axe to grind...
Website

Ok. On task guys. You want to talk, go somewhere else.

#67 2010-02-01 18:16:01

marv88harrison
Al Michaels
Retired Bullets
Accomplishments: 30
PM  Website

I'll play your game Axe, any further news on how west is going to proceed from season to season now that changing the bases has been realized?

Al Michaels | The Baltimore Bullets
Mike Carey | Candy Trafficking Task Force

#68 2010-02-01 18:18:28

Team Nucleus
Press Member
Michael Jordan
UNBA Globetrotters
PM  Website

Axe,any chance the private forums suggestion gets pushed through at all?

#69 2010-02-01 18:25:18

pat_mac05
Ivan The "SWAT" Machine Drago
TheSportsStuff.com - RETIRED
Accomplishments: 25
PM

@ Axe- Wasn't having a go at you, the increased activity I was talking about was probably directed at the initiative you both are taking are late it seems to be leading to more quality mod responses.

@Dr Nick- thanks for that response it was a text book politician response.  No answer given but time was taken up in the attempt to confuse everyone!!

All and all this is good what you are both doing and it opens the lines of communication between community and moderators which I always felt didn't happen enough.  I suppose the next step after the 'tidy up' you are referring to is actually putting formalised responses and action points for any suggestions.  Either 1) Not going ahead or 2) This is a idea that we are discussing and in 7 days we will have a response etc etc.

Retired Season 2 Vet

#70 2010-02-01 18:55:47

Axe-Grinder
Another axe to grind...
Website

marv88harrison wrote:

I'll play your game Axe, any further news on how west is going to proceed from season to season now that changing the bases has been realized?

I'd hazard a guess that the changing bases will be randomly applied henceforth, season-to-season.

Team Nucleus wrote:

Axe,any chance the private forums suggestion gets pushed through at all?

I'd think that suggestion's pretty low on the priority list at the moment.

pat_mac05 wrote:

@ Axe- Wasn't having a go at you, the increased activity I was talking about was probably directed at the initiative you both are taking are late it seems to be leading to more quality mod responses.

@Dr Nick- thanks for that response it was a text book politician response.  No answer given but time was taken up in the attempt to confuse everyone!!

All and all this is good what you are both doing and it opens the lines of communication between community and moderators which I always felt didn't happen enough.  I suppose the next step after the 'tidy up' you are referring to is actually putting formalised responses and action points for any suggestions.  Either 1) Not going ahead or 2) This is a idea that we are discussing and in 7 days we will have a response etc etc.

Completely ok pat mac.  I guess a more formalized place to contact me in the forums is probably appropriate.  If I could still find the "axe-light" picture, I'd put it in the first post (hint for someone with time to find it for me!).

As to what "tidy up" means: getting the information on the game that's available to accurately reflect what the game now is. Working towards getting the forums/game to be more user-friendly. That may mean some small changes, but mostly it is just looking at the way things currently work and trying to arrange them in a way that's easier to use.

That's it for now, back in an hour or so.

#71 2010-02-01 19:56:04

Tesche
Scourge of the Seven Seas
PM

Ask and it shall be given unto you,
Seek and ye shall find.
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/1499/batsignalqq.jpg

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/1308.jpg
"This thread has officially given me a semi." - Lord Rott

#72 2010-02-01 19:59:32

The Big N
Lebron James
Legacy-Reborn
PM  Website

Lol thats cool.
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/1499/batsignalqq.jpg

#73 2010-02-01 20:26:35

BleedBlue
PM

I don't want to seem nieve but what exactly are these automated player transfers your talking about? Trading?

"We don't have to be better than them the first 364 days, we don't even have to be better than them for the next 23 hours. We just have to be better than them for 40 minutes."
- Brad Stevens, Butler Bulldogs head coach

#74 2010-02-01 20:28:03

The Big N
Lebron James
Legacy-Reborn
PM  Website

Maybe without having to have thekaz doing it for you. Like just press a trade button and it trades.. lol

#75 2010-02-01 20:28:45

Punk42AE
Super Nova
Nova Reborn
Accomplishments: 45
PM

Meaning that both parties don't have to send PM's/Emails to Kazz stating they want a player transfered.  Automated would mean they wouldn't have to wait until it can be processed, which can be done in a few hours, or has taken a few weeks.

Board footer