Court Rivals Forums

An open forum to discuss issues related to Court Rivals!

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-03-25 04:20:20

Hannibal
Accomplishments: 0
PM

Hannibal's Weekly(ish) Top Ten--Season 16 Version

It's Wednesday night, and for whatever reason I can't sleep.  While I intended to write this tomorrow, I guess I'll start this season's analysis right now.  After ten games, the wheat has begun to be separated from the chaff.  However, this week's top teams all still have their questions.  With 32 more games and four more editions of this list (before the playoff preview edition), we will have plenty of time to answer those questions and all others that will arise.

#1) SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS (10-0): SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS gym-ratted so hard last season that their captain, D Howard, broke his caps lock.  But in all seriousness, SFYL is a head above the rest right now.  With three wins against this week's top ten, this team is using a double-defensive, single-scorer line-up system to great avail.  With a similar make-up to tarator's Bloody Mary from two seasons ago, SFYL is hoping for the same kind of success.

#2) The Day Dreamers (7-3): The Day Dreamers took quite awhile to grace the top ten last season.  This season, they have been fortunate for a much faster start.  TDD's record may not be as pretty as some other teams in the top ten, but as those of you who read last season know, it's all about SoS.  TDD has played a staggering 70% of its games against top ten opponents.  And, despite the strongest competition of any top ten team, they have a winning record against those same teams (4-3 against the top ten).  Maybe my teammate joyful chicken has it wrong...Maybe krishnasitlani is tapping into some sort of Pinoy "hive mind"...

#3) Almost Nothing (7-3): There has been Almost Nothing wrong with AN's season so far.  Like TDD, all of AN's losses have come against top ten competition (3-3).  This group of saavy veterans hope to use their knowledge of the sim and an unhealthy amount of Deathklok's music to confound opponents and pave their way to the final four.

#4) Ballin for Dummies (7-3): Ballin for Dummies, much like their immediate predecessors on this list, have split their games against the top ten thus far this season (3-3).  Having retooled the team with some fresh-from-gym-ratting blood (in the form of a new 3-pt shooter owned by yours truly), this team hopes to return to the final four for the first time since season 12 (and maybe even get over the hump).

#5) Animal Farm (6-4): Animal Farm is abyssmal...in the realm of name selection (Seriously?  Not one player who references George Orwell's stunning examination and critique of communism?...hell, not even an allusion to Pink Floyd's musical tribute to said novel, the album Animals?)  Luckily for them, Animal Farm has acquitted itself very well thus far in the only realm that matters to this list--their games against top competition (3-4 against the top 10 and a win against the Last Out).  With a unique build, AF could easily find itself high on the hog (as it did in Season 13).  That said, if things don't go according to plan, it could easily find itself facedown in the mud as well.

#6) Original Philipino Music (8-2): Original Philipino Music hasn't had the toughest schedule thus far.  But, part of success in this league is beating the teams that you should, and OPM has done that well.  Additionally, OPM did beat its only top ten competition thus far (#2 TDD).  With an identical set-up to #1 SFYL, it will be interesting to watch a match-up of these two later this season.

#7) The Beautiful South (9-1): Oh that fickle hand of fate...The Beautiful South was within 1 point of finding themselves at #2 on this list.  Instead, with the loss to TDD they find themselves 7th.  But, maybe that's a good thing for this rebranding of the old Champinoship Crew.  CC was #2 on this list most of last season, and they worked themselves into the #2 overall.  The second-best one-seed last season ended up with a nightmare draw and a pre-final four exit.  This year, they hope to be inspiring the nightmares.  And, with that creepy team image, they are well on their way.

#8) Titans Forever (9-1): When I first drew up this list, I had Titans Forever at #4.  But, at the last minute, as I "locked" in my top ten, I switched them to #8.  [Editor's Note]: Alright, enough with the cheap shots.[/Editor's Note]  In all fairness to Titans Forever, they are lower on this list soley because of their total training points.  Three seasons of pushing hard to compete has left them a little light on the skill points to push for a one-seed.  However, this is a tough team, and not one that you should sleep on.....literally...Because, you might find yourself e-bayed.  [Editor's Note]: God, I can't help myself.  I really am an asshole tongue[/Editor's Note]

#9) Eggsistential Crisis (7-3): Fresh off a loss in the championship game, Eggsistential Crisis is hungry to get back to the final four.  While early season form hasn't been where we would like it to be (2-3 against the top ten), we hope that we peak at the right time this season and maybe finally get that ring.

#10) Wizards Extreme Ballers (6-4): Wizards Extreme Ballers have given amble that they are back and are going to be contenders.  With all of their losses coming against top ten teams (as well as two wins), WEB has been in the thick of it already.  Having benefited from a gym-rat season, this is definitely a team that will be very dangerous as the season progresses.

The Last Out/Best of the Rest--EDX and WWWC: EDX and WWWC are another two veteran teams coming off of gym-rat seasons.  While their early forays against top ten teams (1-2 and 0-2 respectively) hasn't been what they had hoped, these are teams that will definitely jump in as others falter.

Rounding out the top 20: #13) RotLW, #14) Nation of Domination, #15) Baskeball Beyond Diplomacy, #16) RKBB, #17) Point Whores, #18) Crunch Time, #19) RKCH, #20) 1337 doom

There you have it.  Keep an eye here for updates (hopefully) between after Wednesday's game and before Thursday's game.

Last edited by Hannibal (2010-03-25 04:23:33)

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/25006.jpg
Classic: Almost Famous (Captain), Chicken Mafia (Captain)
Eggsistential Crisis (now Almost Famous)--Season 24 Classic Champs

#2 2010-03-25 04:23:18

krishnasitlani
PM

Re: Hannibal's Weekly(ish) Top Ten--Season 16 Version

Awsome.. Youre the best Hannibal

#3 2010-03-25 04:31:39

dss02
PM

The alarm on my cellphone is Dethklok's inro theme, just thought I should share that.

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/25299.jpg
Thank you Even Money Team Mates, We WON
And [Expletive Deleted] you D HOWARD, you sorry Ebaying [Expletive Deleted]

#4 2010-03-25 05:02:08

SASCO
PM

Impressive stuff Hannibal

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/4143.jpg

#5 2010-03-25 05:10:31

Phi Slamma Jamma
PM

krishnasitlani wrote:

Awsome.. Youre the best Hannibal

^^^^^^^^^!!!!!!!!!

#6 2010-03-25 06:32:26

ToFuSmurF
Papa Smurf
PM

Always good to read your Top Tens.

Season 10 & 11 Kareem Champions: Just Blaze Season 14 & 15 Champions: Boom Goes The Odenite
Season 12 Bird Champions: Full Eclipse Season 15 Champions: RK Beer Barons
Season 16 West Champions: Even Money
Ballin 4 Dummies (Season 12): 41-1 Regular Season Record

#7 2010-03-25 08:20:56

Hubbalicious
PM

ToFuSmurF wrote:

Always good to read your Top Tens.

look forward to this again.  Somebody give this guy an award or something.

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/18443.jpg
Pass A Fist Comeback - SF Team Leader - PG Courtrivals Best  (jordan)         
Mr. Hyde Dr. Jekyll - G The Beast Inside  (west)
Championship: Guardians (12) The Joke is on You (25)

#8 2010-03-25 08:31:03

krishnasitlani
PM

Yes. The mods should. Maybe a title will also do.

#9 2010-03-25 11:23:42

Hannibal
PM

As much as you guys appreciate it, it really is a benefit to me most.

It's a great way to break up the monotonous grind of training.  While I am glad that you guys get some enjoyment out of it too, it really is for me tongue.

That said, I wonder if we could get a mod to unstick the playoff bracket from Season 13 and stick this instead?  Nah, that's just crazy talk!

Last edited by Hannibal (2010-03-25 11:26:34)

#10 2010-03-25 11:26:38

SASCO
PM

I imagine it would help ur planning for playoff games  aswell

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/4143.jpg

#11 2010-03-25 12:11:27

SuperSlicer
PM  Website

Not only is this a good read, as you're so often told, it's helpful too. It saves me having to keep track of the trends, and does so in an entertaining way. And, of course, as SASCO mentioned... breaking up the monotony isn't the only way this helps you out. Presumably you're not just looking at the standings and throwing random rankings at teams - I imagine you put at least some numbers into this... which in any form is a useful thing to have.

Not sure what my point is anymore, but I like this!

Season 8 - RotLW championship, WWWC runners-up
Season 10 - SHIT runners-up
Season 11 - Just Blaze championship, Always Ballin championship
Season 13 - Tanks championship

#12 2010-03-25 13:36:00

eamz
PM

Hannibal wrote:

As much as you guys appreciate it, it really is a benefit to me most.

It's a great way to break up the monotonous grind of training.  While I am glad that you guys get some enjoyment out of it too, it really is for me tongue.

That said, I wonder if we could get a mod to unstick the playoff bracket from Season 13 and stick this instead?  Nah, that's just crazy talk!

Whether you do this for yourself or everyone else in Bird, it is a very good read because we all know you put time into it.  Proven easily by how you look at records against the top 10.  I love reading these even when my team is ratting this year to see what's working and what's not, so keep up the awesome work.

Definitely support stickying this rather then something that's only questioned around day 40-45 big_smile

Keep up the awesome work!

“Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak.”

#13 2010-03-25 15:15:49

Lord Rott
HATERAID - Release the Hater in you.
PM

Good stuff Hannibal. You forgot to mention on B4D joining your fresh off a gr season 3pt shooter is my fresh off a gr season Blocker Mason Charles.

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/6941.jpg
3 Championships - ROTLW, Full Eclipse & RK Beer Barons -- 1 DPOY-Anne Bonney
5 2nd Team- Mason Charles, Vittorio Bene-2,  Black Taco-2, Roy G. Biv 4 1st Team - Vittorio Bene, Walrus Jones, Count Walrus, Mason Charles
9 All-D Awards-Mason Charles-5, Walrus Jones-2, Hikreem Allonyamom-2

#14 2010-03-25 16:54:12

Hannibal
PM

Mea Culpa, mon frere.  Mea culpa.

#15 2010-03-25 17:41:50

krishnasitlani
PM

Hannibal wrote:

?

#16 2010-03-25 21:32:00

Lord Rott
HATERAID - Release the Hater in you.
PM

Hannibal wrote:

heh.

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/6941.jpg
3 Championships - ROTLW, Full Eclipse & RK Beer Barons -- 1 DPOY-Anne Bonney
5 2nd Team- Mason Charles, Vittorio Bene-2,  Black Taco-2, Roy G. Biv 4 1st Team - Vittorio Bene, Walrus Jones, Count Walrus, Mason Charles
9 All-D Awards-Mason Charles-5, Walrus Jones-2, Hikreem Allonyamom-2

#17 2010-03-26 00:00:58

clips
NSFW
PM

Good stuff Hannibal. Have you considered the other 3 leagues though? wink tongue

Last edited by clips (2010-03-26 00:01:17)

Save your court rivals money, buy some heroin instead.

#18 2010-03-26 01:15:50

cokemachine
PM

Nice. Now to do one on the teams GR. wink

I'M BACK!!!

#19 2010-03-26 09:08:04

krishnasitlani
PM

cokemachine wrote:

No offend but its seems nonsense to me. tongue

#20 2010-03-26 11:14:36

SuperSlicer
PM  Website

krishnasitlani wrote:

cokemachine wrote:

Not necessarily. You could call it "top 10 prospects for s17" or something, and base it on total tp, who the captain is, team build, etc. It's certainly not a nonsensical idea, and it's far from impossible.

Season 8 - RotLW championship, WWWC runners-up
Season 10 - SHIT runners-up
Season 11 - Just Blaze championship, Always Ballin championship
Season 13 - Tanks championship

#21 2010-03-26 17:39:16

Hannibal
PM

clips wrote:

Good stuff Hannibal. Have you considered the other 3 leagues though? wink tongue

Kareem may get its own version.  I need to decide if I want to put in the time.

cokemachine wrote:

Nice. Now to do one with the teams GR. wink

Will NEVER happen.  This is an excercise in futility as far as I'm concerned.  And, on a side note, is Satan's Heroes ever going to compete?  I think they've been gym-ratting since I started in Season 6 tongue.

Last edited by Hannibal (2010-03-26 17:40:27)

#22 2010-03-26 18:41:58

Phi Slamma Jamma
PM

#1) SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS (10-0): SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS gym-ratted so hard last season that their captain, D Howard, broke his caps lock. 

too funny! look forward to these as the season progresses hannibal!

#23 2010-03-26 18:55:20

D Howard
PM

idk want to talk about my caps lock it will never be the same lol....But hey it got us to the top for week1

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/16110.jpg

#24 2010-03-26 19:38:24

cokemachine
PM

Hannibal wrote:

clips wrote:

Kareem may get its own version.  I need to decide if I want to put in the time.

cokemachine wrote:

Nice. Now to do one with the teams GR. wink

Will NEVER happen.  This is an excercise in futility as far as I'm concerned.  And, on a side note, is Satan's Heroes ever going to compete?  I think they've been gym-ratting since I started in Season 6 tongue.

We have been in Kareem. But it feels like we have been GR forever but it is really just two seasons. I suppose two seasons ago we ratted but then we only made Pro B so after this rat season we are hoping to be a top team.

I'M BACK!!!

#25 2010-03-26 20:14:40

krishnasitlani
PM

SuperSlicer wrote:

krishnasitlani wrote:

cokemachine wrote:

Not necessarily. You could call it "top 10 prospects for s17" or something, and base it on total tp, who the captain is, team build, etc. It's certainly not a nonsensical idea, and it's far from impossible.

If its going to be the Top 10 Prospects then it will be really helpful. I was thinking that Coke was planning to do something similar to this one.

Board footer