Court Rivals Forums

An open forum to discuss issues related to Court Rivals!

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-04-22 19:18:21

MyNetsForLife
Accomplishments: 0
PM

AP tests

Which are you guys taking? Any of you take some in the past?

Pat led the passing with 7 assists, and his usual steady defensive play held the opposing first squad to no double-digit point getters. He was heard running down the court screaming "If I can't score, you won't either!"

There's a 50% chance of getting either live or die. Obviously you're more likely to die, but if there are two options there is a 50% chance of getting either. -SH

#2 2010-04-22 19:19:22

Slightly Hyphy
PM

Re: AP tests

I took some history class. Don't really remember much now.

"When I play ball I really like to bang with the big men down low. I'm pretty aggressive but sometimes bobbling balls is a challenge-you've just got to really reach in there and really get a firm hold. When it comes down to it, I really just have to pound it up in there if I want to score" -MyNetsForLife

#3 2010-04-22 19:20:12

MyNetsForLife
PM

Slightly Hyphy wrote:

US or world?

Pat led the passing with 7 assists, and his usual steady defensive play held the opposing first squad to no double-digit point getters. He was heard running down the court screaming "If I can't score, you won't either!"

There's a 50% chance of getting either live or die. Obviously you're more likely to die, but if there are two options there is a 50% chance of getting either. -SH

#4 2010-04-22 19:21:12

mattya802
PM

Never did....What other testing are they similar to?

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/25106.jpg
Bird - Season 11 Champs!    Obvious troll is obvious, and therefore easy to ignore - <3 MenZ
Classic - Franchise Connection
West - BM (captain), CR Veterans     Total: 5 championships

#5 2010-04-22 19:23:19

Slightly Hyphy
PM

MyNetsForLife wrote:

Slightly Hyphy wrote:

US or world?

I think it was US. It wasn't really an AP class, I took a college course during high school and it counted for AP credits.

"When I play ball I really like to bang with the big men down low. I'm pretty aggressive but sometimes bobbling balls is a challenge-you've just got to really reach in there and really get a firm hold. When it comes down to it, I really just have to pound it up in there if I want to score" -MyNetsForLife

#6 2010-04-22 19:25:47

ToFuSmurF
Papa Smurf
PM

I took AP US (Junior), Euro (Sophmore), World (Freshman), and Statistics (Senior).

I did what SH did, I took 12 units every semester while I was in high school, thus eliminating alot of my GEs by the time I started college.  Which is why my first semester onward, I've been taking only business courses as well as extra business electives with the extra time.

Time to study for GMAT!

Last edited by ToFuSmurF (2010-04-22 19:26:46)

Season 10 & 11 Kareem Champions: Just Blaze Season 14 & 15 Champions: Boom Goes The Odenite
Season 12 Bird Champions: Full Eclipse Season 15 Champions: RK Beer Barons
Season 16 West Champions: Even Money
Ballin 4 Dummies (Season 12): 41-1 Regular Season Record

#7 2010-04-22 19:35:56

MyNetsForLife
PM

Slightly Hyphy wrote:

MyNetsForLife wrote:

Slightly Hyphy wrote:

US or world?

I think it was US. It wasn't really an AP class, I took a college course during high school and it counted for AP credits.

Did you take the test, though?

#8 2010-04-22 19:36:37

Renomitsu
PM

Only taking four this year.
Sophomore:
World History (only one offered)
Junior:
English Language & Composition
Calculus AB
Spanish
Chemistry
US History
Music Theory (just for fun, heh)
Senior:
Macro & Microeconomics
English Literature & Composition
Calculus BC

I wanted to take AP Bio this year, but my schedule did not permit this to be so. :\

#9 2010-04-22 19:38:16

MyNetsForLife
PM

I'm taking AP Psych, AP US History, AP Calc BC, AP English Language, and AP Biology this year, and I'm expecting 5s on all of them. Not really too worried about any.

Next year I'm taking AP Macroeconomics, AP Government and Politics, AP English Literature, AP Physics C, and AP Statistics. I could have opted to take another AP class (probably Euro), but instead went with Unified Calc 3/ Differential equations.

I might study for AP Micro by myself next year too.

Hopefully I can get into a college that'll accept 11 credits.

#10 2010-04-22 19:40:38

MyNetsForLife
PM

Renomitsu wrote:

Sophomore:
Junior:
Calculus AB
Spanish
Chemistry
US History
Senior:
Macro & Microeconomics
Calculus BC

I wanted to take AP Bio this year, but my schedule did not permit this to be so. :\

Did you 5 all of them?

AP Bio is an absolute bitch in my school. After curves, our test averages are still failing grades (I think the class average for all of the tests after curves is right at ~65). We do get a nice buffer with the homework/labs (50%), but even that is a huge workload.

#11 2010-04-22 19:43:06

Renomitsu
PM

MyNetsForLife wrote:

I'm taking AP Psych, AP US History, AP Calc BC, AP English Language, and AP Biology this year, and I'm expecting 5s on all of them. Not really too worried about any.

Next year I'm taking AP Macroeconomics, AP Government and Politics, AP English Literature, AP Physics C, and AP Statistics. I could have opted to take another AP class (probably Euro), but instead went with Unified Calc 3/ Differential equations.

I opted not to take Gov't and Politics and Physics C because the teachers at our school for both courses are supposedly terrible, particularly the latter. The teacher for AP Physics has a doctorate in the field but has NO IDEA WHATSOEVER as to how to actually teach.. at all. I walked into his class once, and the guy was just sitting there, while there were a couple of people playing games on their iTouches, texting, et cetera. It's largely the same with the AP Government teacher.

#12 2010-04-22 19:44:25

Renomitsu
PM

MyNetsForLife wrote:

Renomitsu wrote:

Sophomore:
Junior:
Calculus AB
Spanish
Chemistry
US History
Senior:
Macro & Microeconomics
Calculus BC

Did you 5 all of them?

AP Bio is an absolute bitch in my school. After curves, our test averages are still failing grades (I think the class average for all of the tests after curves is right at ~65). We do get a nice buffer with the homework/labs (50%), but even that is a huge workload.

Hah, certainly not the Spanish one. I got a 4 on WH (as it's my greatest weakness academically), 3 on Spanish (don't ask), and 5 on the rest that I have taken thus far.

#13 2010-04-22 19:46:55

MyNetsForLife
PM

Renomitsu wrote:

MyNetsForLife wrote:

I opted not to take Gov't and Politics and Physics C because the teachers at our school for both courses are supposedly terrible, particularly the latter. The teacher for AP Physics has a doctorate in the field but has NO IDEA WHATSOEVER as to how to actually teach.. at all. I walked into his class once, and the guy was just sitting there, while there were a couple of people playing games on their iTouches, texting, et cetera. It's largely the same with the AP Government teacher.

My AP Physics teacher is supposed to be one of the bets teachers in the school. He is brilliant and runs a good class, by all accounts.

Yeah, Spanish is not my forte either. Dropping it after this year.

#14 2010-04-22 19:46:55

Slightly Hyphy
PM

MyNetsForLife wrote:

Slightly Hyphy wrote:

MyNetsForLife wrote:

US or world?

Did you take the test, though?

Nope, no AP test. I only got AP credit.

#15 2010-04-22 19:47:32

MyNetsForLife
PM

What'd yuo think of the US history test, Reno?>

#16 2010-04-22 19:53:09

Renomitsu
PM

MyNetsForLife wrote:

What'd you think of the US history test, Reno?

It wasn't bad. As I had said before, history is not my forté; on the test itself, there was a great deal about the colonial era (actually there were a couple of FRQs on it), so I was glad that we had reviewed it in depth a week before the exam. There isn't ever any guarantee of predicting the prevailing time period or socio-politico-economic focus of the test, even if they do give those percentages. All-in-all, it was far from the toughest test I had taken.

The reason I got a 3 on the Spanish was because I couldn't stop laughing during the speaking part (again' don't ask).. >_>

#17 2010-04-22 19:53:35

DemonDeacs
PM  Website

I have US, English Language, Latin Vergil, Environmental and Calc AB this year.

#18 2010-04-22 19:55:15

Renomitsu
PM

DemonDeacs wrote:

I have US, English Language, Latin Vergil, Environmental and Calc AB this year.

English Language was extremely easy (although the synthesis essay on the morality of space exploration came out of left field), as was Calc AB. I'm assuming Latin will be a pain, though, even if I haven't taken it. tongue

#19 2010-04-22 19:55:34

MyNetsForLife
PM

I'm asking about history cause it's the only one you've taken that I am this year. I think I'll be fine if I review, which I'm doing for the SAT II anyway.

How're you going about the BC test?

Last edited by MyNetsForLife (2010-04-22 19:55:49)

#20 2010-04-22 19:55:56

DemonDeacs
PM  Website

I'm considering a 2 on latin a success.  It's sucked this year after being fairly easy the past 3 years.

#21 2010-04-22 19:59:19

Renomitsu
PM

MyNetsForLife wrote:

I'm asking about history cause it's the only one you've taken that I am this year. I think I'll be fine if I review, which I'm doing for the SAT II anyway.

How're you going about the BC test?

Eh, the course content isn't really that hard. Infinite series were a bit of a pain to go through, but again, the course itself isn't too bad. Missing around an extra three weeks of school made our teacher cut out all of the excess material (that is, the stuff that wasn't on the AP), though. You're lucky to be able to skip over AB.. I would've liked to have done that. I'm planning on taking math in nearly every semester (if not every semester) in college. tongue

DemonDeacs wrote:

I'm considering a 2 on latin a success.  It's sucked this year after being fairly easy the past 3 years.

They don't even offer Latin in any capacity at our school, so in all honesty, I have no idea what the class is like.

#22 2010-04-22 20:05:43

DemonDeacs
PM  Website

I have 4 APs for next year and was considering adding another.

Would you guys recommend Statistics or Microeconomics?

My other options would be Art History, Chem, or Physics, but I don't really want to take those.

#23 2010-04-22 20:06:55

ToFuSmurF
Papa Smurf
PM

Stats is kinda easy.  If you know the formula and you had a good teacher during the year who taught you how to answer a statistics question using statistics, then it'll be a cake.

Season 10 & 11 Kareem Champions: Just Blaze Season 14 & 15 Champions: Boom Goes The Odenite
Season 12 Bird Champions: Full Eclipse Season 15 Champions: RK Beer Barons
Season 16 West Champions: Even Money
Ballin 4 Dummies (Season 12): 41-1 Regular Season Record

#24 2010-04-22 20:08:16

Renomitsu
PM

DemonDeacs wrote:

I have 4 APs for next year and was considering adding another.

Would you guys recommend Statistics or Microeconomics?

My other options would be Art History, Chem, or Physics, but I don't really want to take those.

I enjoyed chemistry (though my opinion may be skewed, as I'm majoring in biochem starting next year. tongue), even though the teacher wasn't that great. People at my school like taking stat, but I couldn't fit that into my schedule, either - mostly because of music. My current AP Econ class is focusing a lot on Macro, so I can't give an accurate evaluation as to how hard the Micro material is, seeing as I can't remember a great deal of it. xD

#25 2010-04-22 20:34:58

MyNetsForLife
PM

Bleh. I got to get history and bio studying done for next Saturday's SAT IIs

Board footer