Court Rivals Forums

An open forum to discuss issues related to Court Rivals!

You are not logged in.

#26 2010-04-22 20:35:54

I Am Basketball
The UnBanned
Accomplishments: 0
PM

Re: AP tests

I'm taking the AP US history test. Any advice? Our whole class is really unprepared. I probably should have tried in this class..

Proud Member of The Replacements, ROTLW, The Tanks- S13 Champs
Both teams were reasonably balanced and the better team won today
Voted Best Avatar by the people  ~~ RIP supert420, a99tobe, camel, KIMBO, Cundiff, spevin and many...many more.
"We killed Drybones and ate him." - TheKaz  "This thread is as queer as a ten dollar bill." - Kazz

#27 2010-04-22 20:36:44

Renomitsu
PM

MyNetsForLife wrote:

Bleh. I got to get history and bio studying done for next Saturday's SAT IIs

I failed miserably on the US History (720) and Chemistry (730) SAT IIs because I got complacent after I had taken the AP exams (I took the June tests).

#28 2010-04-22 20:37:38

DemonDeacs
PM  Website

720 = fail miserably? hmm

#29 2010-04-22 20:39:10

Renomitsu
PM

DemonDeacs wrote:

Yeah, but the Math II was a complete joke. Finished the Math II in half of the time they gave me, but I just couldn't get my facts straight for the other two.

#30 2010-04-22 20:40:46

MyNetsForLife
PM

Renomitsu wrote:

MyNetsForLife wrote:

I failed miserably on the US History (720) and Chemistry (730) SAT IIs because I got complacent after I had taken the AP exams (I took the June tests).

That low on US history? Did you not prepare at all, or was it difficult? Any idea on what gets covered on the test?

Pat led the passing with 7 assists, and his usual steady defensive play held the opposing first squad to no double-digit point getters. He was heard running down the court screaming "If I can't score, you won't either!"

There's a 50% chance of getting either live or die. Obviously you're more likely to die, but if there are two options there is a 50% chance of getting either. -SH

#31 2010-04-22 20:41:18

MyNetsForLife
PM

Renomitsu wrote:

DemonDeacs wrote:

Yeah, but the Math II was a complete joke. Finished the Math II in half of the time they gave me, but I just couldn't get my facts straight for the other two.

I took my time with the Math II and checked all of my answers as I did them, which probably wasn't a good idea. Still got an 800 though.

Last edited by MyNetsForLife (2010-04-22 20:43:13)

Pat led the passing with 7 assists, and his usual steady defensive play held the opposing first squad to no double-digit point getters. He was heard running down the court screaming "If I can't score, you won't either!"

There's a 50% chance of getting either live or die. Obviously you're more likely to die, but if there are two options there is a 50% chance of getting either. -SH

#32 2010-04-22 20:45:50

Renomitsu
PM

MyNetsForLife wrote:

Renomitsu wrote:

MyNetsForLife wrote:

That low on US history? Did you not prepare at all, or was it difficult? Any idea on what gets covered on the test?

I'd say that the US History one covers everything just about equally. It wasn't particularly difficult (or at least I don't remember it being as such), but I slacked off after the AP; two weeks of doing absolutely nothing really killed my ability to do well on that particular exam.

#33 2010-04-22 20:47:11

MyNetsForLife
PM

Renomitsu wrote:

MyNetsForLife wrote:

Renomitsu wrote:

I'd say that the US History one covers everything just about equally. It wasn't particularly difficult (or at least I don't remember it being as such), but I slacked off after the AP; two weeks of doing absolutely nothing really killed my ability to do well on that particular exam.

I'm reviewing for the SAT II with two AP us history books. Think that'll suffice?

Last edited by MyNetsForLife (2010-04-22 20:47:17)

#34 2010-04-22 20:57:24

Renomitsu
PM

MyNetsForLife wrote:

Renomitsu wrote:

MyNetsForLife wrote:

I'm reviewing for the SAT II with two AP us history books. Think that'll suffice?

It's better than my "don't study at all, just chill for the rest of the year" mindset.

On an unrelated note: our teacher asked us to do a senior project on a mathematician (just a brief biography, their significant contributions, and so on and so forth - note that I said a mathematician). When she first announced the project, I was assigned Taylor, McLaurin, and Hilbert.

Just yesterday, she also assigned me G.H. Hardy and Srinivasa Ramanujan (the latter of which I idolize, because he was an autodidact and possibly one of the greatest mathematicians of all time). Everyone else in the class has a grand total of one mathematician each... but I'm stuck with five.

wtf?

Last edited by Renomitsu (2010-04-22 20:57:52)

#35 2010-04-22 20:59:48

MyNetsForLife
PM

What the hell? Did you ask her why?

#36 2010-04-22 21:05:06

Renomitsu
PM

MyNetsForLife wrote:

What the hell? Did you ask her why?

Uh, that's going to be my question tomorrow.

I'm ecstatic about being able to research Ramanujan, primarily because he was able to work out dozens upon dozens of equations without having much formal education in the areas that he researched as he moved from India to England, but the amount of work piled upon me is ridiculous.

#37 2010-04-22 21:38:05

barcelonafan8
PM

I'll be taking the AP tests for US History, Language and Composition(?), and Psych

Next year I'll take Statistics, Economics, and Literature and Composition(?)

*I might have mixed up the 2 english tests

#38 2010-04-24 16:20:50

Jdog2313
PM

Oh noez! AP World test! yikes

big_smile

#39 2010-04-27 18:35:59

Hannibal
PM

Hard to believe its been 10 years, but I took the following AP's:

Soph:
World History

Junior:
Latin--Poetry
US History
(Opted out of taking the AB test since I knew I was taking BC the next year and would get all the credits)

Senior:
Latin--Vergil
Microeconomics
Macroeconomics
Physics C
Calc BC
French

Last edited by Hannibal (2010-04-27 18:36:21)

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/25006.jpg
Classic: Almost Famous (Captain), Chicken Mafia (Captain)
Eggsistential Crisis (now Almost Famous)--Season 24 Classic Champs

#40 2010-04-28 21:07:14

MyNetsForLife
PM

Just took a practice SAT II for us history. 790, mofuckas.

#41 2010-05-06 21:03:40

MyNetsForLife
PM

Took Calc BC yesterday. Doesn't bad besides the taylor. Yikes.

US History tomorrow.

#42 2010-05-06 21:06:58

Renomitsu
PM

MyNetsForLife wrote:

US History tomorrow.

Hah, the last non-calculator question was definitely interesting. At first I tried to make the question too hard, but it every part of it aside from b) was simple after some thought.

#43 2010-05-06 22:06:49

barcelonafan8
PM

APUSH tomorrow morning, I've studied more for this test than any other test in my life except for SATs

#44 2010-05-06 22:11:07

Renomitsu
PM

Don't sweat it; just make sure you get enough sleep tonight and eat a good breakfast tomorrow. Worrying about it all night will just make you tired in the morning.

#45 2010-05-06 22:13:05

MyNetsForLife
PM

Renomitsu wrote:

MyNetsForLife wrote:

US History tomorrow.

Hah, the last non-calculator question was definitely interesting. At first I tried to make the question too hard, but it every part of it aside from b) was simple after some thought.

I probably could have taken a stab at the integrating it to find g(x), but frankly I was way too restless for that at that point.

For the trap rule one, I Got it right, but the number seemed to small, and as I was doing it w/o a calculator, I forgot to multiply by the legs, and effed it up. I'm going to be pissed if I don't get a 5 over something dumb like that.

I absolutely killed the mc though. I skipped two, and I'm nearly certain I got everything in the calc right.

#46 2010-05-06 22:13:55

MyNetsForLife
PM

barcelonafan8 wrote:

APUSH tomorrow morning, I've studied more for this test than any other test in my life except for SATs

I really haven't studied for it all that much, especially after the SAT II. I'm probably just going to knock out everyone before TR and call it a night. I was looking at the frq grading, and I think I should do well on that, and I get ~80% on all of the MC practice I do.

#47 2010-05-06 22:19:53

I Am Basketball
The UnBanned
PM

Ugh APUSH. I tried to study today but I came to this conclusion:

By now if I know it I know it if I don't I don't.

Good luck guys.

Voted Best Avatar by the people  ~~ RIP supert420, a99tobe, camel, KIMBO, Cundiff, spevin and many...many more.
"We killed Drybones and ate him." - TheKaz  "This thread is as queer as a ten dollar bill." - Kazz

#48 2010-05-06 22:21:17

MyNetsForLife
PM

I took the SAT II last week. I'm pretty sure I got an 800 on history, but I thought I crapped the bed on bio. However when I checked my answers on college confidential, I didn't do as poorly as I thought.

#49 2010-05-07 19:37:13

MyNetsForLife
PM

People didn't know who Andy Warhol was <________<

#50 2010-05-07 19:58:10

I Am Basketball
The UnBanned
PM

Hahaha.

Damn Puritans...

Board footer