Court Rivals Forums

An open forum to discuss issues related to Court Rivals!

You are not logged in.

#26 2010-05-02 22:51:14

Crashnburn_
Accomplishments: 0
PM

Re: CTTF: The story of the "win button"

vivecdagod wrote:

bbkaos wrote:

I'll be done pretty soon as well, either after this season or the next.  Let the power vacuum go into full effect.

The players will be retired, I think Matty feels the same way about Hulk.  Too much power......

pretty much every user on SJ will be done after this season too sad

Gym rat now, dominant an empty Jordan league next season imo.

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/37651.jpg

#27 2010-05-02 22:55:03

Sirvini
PM

Another note for that s9 was that,   I made a strong push to have snicker doodle become a pass-first center.    Every spare training point he had went into passing.   I feel it was a great move.

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/17566.jpg
Andy Sirianni--Point Guard&Captain--Stout Blue Devils (Bird)
Snicker Doodle--Center--C.T.T.F. (Inaugural Jordan League Champions)

#28 2010-05-02 23:03:12

marv88harrison
PM  Website

bbkaos wrote:

Wait, you had level 6 chems in season 10?  RotLP didn't have any in season 11.....

Yeah ... sad. Thats a pretty clear demonstration of how out of it I fell in S11. I knew almost nothing about you guys until the night before when I scouted the opposite Final Four matchup. I didn't have a sheet for you guys like I did for HKWSC, Guardians, SHIT, and the like until S12.

Al Michaels | The Baltimore Bullets
Mike Carey | Candy Trafficking Task Force

#29 2010-05-02 23:13:52

Punk42AE
PM

In the first season of Jordan we had a fun meeting in the Championship game, and we actually had a 2-1 season series win, until the domination began against us.

#30 2010-05-02 23:14:26

vivecdagod
PM

Crashnburn_ wrote:

vivecdagod wrote:

bbkaos wrote:

I'll be done pretty soon as well, either after this season or the next.  Let the power vacuum go into full effect.

The players will be retired, I think Matty feels the same way about Hulk.  Too much power......

pretty much every user on SJ will be done after this season too sad

Gym rat now, dominant an empty Jordan league next season imo.

The bored level is too high and the financial level is too low for me currently, same for mike tongue

#31 2010-05-02 23:15:21

bbkaos
PM

I guess I take a much lower key approach to planning and such.  I've never had a sheet or notes for any team, I just look at their build and see what they can possibly do.

9 Championships (5 Jordan, 3 West, 1 Kareem)

#32 2010-05-03 00:11:27

Harbour
Captain Kiwi
PM  Website

I wouldn't even know what you'd record to know what the other team was doing. Or have the time to do all that...that's intense, charts for training, charts for TSP, charts for every main opposition....Crazy stuff.

And L6 in S10. Crazy. SHIT first went for L6 in S12. Think we had 1 pair in S11 from the Lead guys...if memory serves correct.

CTTF will be missed. bbkaos now controls Jordan tongue

5 Rings (S6 Franchise Underdogs, S8 Franchise Underdogs, S16 Even Money, S18 The Studmuffin Bakery, S45 Franchise Connection)
2 MVPs, 1 Finals MVP, 2 DPoY, S10 Sportsmanship

#33 2010-05-03 01:08:24

mikasa032
PM

bbkaos wrote:

I guess I take a much lower key approach to planning and such.  I've never had a sheet or notes for any team, I just look at their build and see what they can possibly do.

Same approach to this game. Seeing their sim values I realized that we could have won the Final Four matchup against CTTF,I realized that TSP setting was our mistake. big_smile

Captain of Skyflakes - Jordan S15, S16 and S20 Final Four and S18 Finals Appearance
Co-Captain of Danau Lake - West S18 Champions, S20 Finals Appearance and S19 Final Four
SWAT SWAT - Jordan S83 and S84 Defensive Player of the Year

#34 2010-05-03 04:04:30

mystic
PM

marv88harrison wrote:

since we stopped at L3 the previous season

Well, not voluntarily. wink

And whoever moron it was, CTTF will not accept that challenge. big_smile

@bbkaos

Part of it is the right users, as Swagger pointed out, the other part is a captain the users are willing to trust. That works fine in every league. Each team should start with a bunch of users who have the same goal. Individual interests were never the driving factor behind that team. That is the way to approach that game. And as I said in another thread, not the overall sim points are always the deciding factor, there is a little bit magic (supert would call it like that) behind the success of a team.

The Baltimore Bullets (S4 - S17): 395-210 RS record; 38-13 PS record; Runner-up in S 7, 13, 16, 17; Elite 8 in S 6, 9, 10, 12, 15; Pro A/B from S 6 to 17
Thanks bhill1767, Blowcaine, FastAsATurtle, fresh_tacos, Funk, Harbour, jbus, Lord Rott, marv88harrison, mchea, pat_mac05, redundant, rippev, team rohan, tesche, tmoney20, tsb5026, UCFinfan86, x-factor

#35 2010-05-03 04:21:36

malice
In Wonderland
PM  Website

mystic wrote:

Part of it is the right users, as Swagger pointed out, the other part is a captain the users are willing to trust. That works fine in every league. Each team should start with a bunch of users who have the same goal. Individual interests were never the driving factor behind that team. That is the way to approach that game. And as I said in another thread, not the overall sim points are always the deciding factor, there is a little bit magic (supert would call it like that) behind the success of a team.

Spot on again mystic.  And I especially like the last point... it's oh-so-true.

Causticly Rude Arkham Psychos - S13 Champions
Blaze Armada - S30 Champions

#36 2010-05-03 04:31:39

SASCO
PM

CTTF competing this season?

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/4143.jpg

#37 2010-05-03 04:34:25

ToFuSmurF
Papa Smurf
PM

malice wrote:

mystic wrote:

Spot on again mystic.  And I especially like the last point... it's oh-so-true.

I think luck is the only thing that B4D has always lacked.  Otherwise, I see no problem with the team, unless I fucked up somewhere.

tmoney asked me to join this team, but at the time, I wasn't keen on adding another player, then they did the whole Jordan deal thing, which made me look stupid =.=

Season 10 & 11 Kareem Champions: Just Blaze Season 14 & 15 Champions: Boom Goes The Odenite
Season 12 Bird Champions: Full Eclipse Season 15 Champions: RK Beer Barons
Season 16 West Champions: Even Money
Ballin 4 Dummies (Season 12): 41-1 Regular Season Record

#38 2010-05-03 04:44:18

malice
In Wonderland
PM  Website

Sigh... there was one season where we ALMOST had more 'magic' than we knew what to do with... until the last game.

Causticly Rude Arkham Psychos - S13 Champions
Blaze Armada - S30 Champions

#39 2010-05-03 04:55:20

tmoney20
PM

It was an honor to have the opportunity to be a part of this team, what a ride.

It's been said already but I'll say it again, what made us contenders every season was having a team where every player was a dedicated trainer and willing to do what was best for the team.  No one ever questioned slider changes (there were plenty wink )or worried about their players stats (besides Doodle and his assists tongue ).  This seems simple but all it takes is one player going inactive to completely derail a team.

What made us champions was marv.  In S14 I was pretty excited about BOOM's strategy as the season progressed.  Towards the end of the season I asked marv to look at a box score and tell me what he thought our strategy was.  He correctly guessed that we were using SP's in leadership as a secondary for our PG's which was pretty surprising.  Essentially marv is terrific at "scouting" other teams and I imagine he probably had a better idea of what chems teams had and slider settings were being used than some of the players on other teams.  Dedicated users put us in contention, but marv put us over the top.

One of the interested things for me was how different our strategy was before/after our gym rat seasons.  We won our first 3 titles by getting as high of chems possible, pretty much just training our main highly and point whoring just enough to make sure we maxed out SP's in our main.  Our gym rat season was used to catch up in tp's and establish strategic secondaries (notice how the secondaries cover weaker areas on each line).  After that season we trained our main only high enough to achieve the desired chem level and then pushed our secondaries as high as possible while points whoring to get extra SP's in our secondary.  Even in our 3rd season after GRing we were still able to get every player but one to 1000 tp (meaning 3 in a secondary) and even the PG's were able to get 2 SP's in a secondary while GRing.

#40 2010-05-03 04:57:25

ToFuSmurF
Papa Smurf
PM

malice wrote:

Sigh... there was one season where we ALMOST had more 'magic' than we knew what to do with... until the last game.

All we needed was 4 more points....and we would've been in the championship game against Full Eclipse (my other team at the time and one of our biggest rival that season in terms of talent, correct? [Spider Pigs was the other])

Season 10 & 11 Kareem Champions: Just Blaze Season 14 & 15 Champions: Boom Goes The Odenite
Season 12 Bird Champions: Full Eclipse Season 15 Champions: RK Beer Barons
Season 16 West Champions: Even Money
Ballin 4 Dummies (Season 12): 41-1 Regular Season Record

#41 2010-05-03 12:11:31

marv88harrison
PM  Website

tmoney20 wrote:

It's been said already but I'll say it again, what made us contenders every season was having a team where every player was a dedicated trainer and willing to do what was best for the team.  No one ever questioned slider changes (there were plenty wink )or worried about their players stats (besides Doodle and his assists tongue ).  This seems simple but all it takes is one player going inactive to completely derail a team.

What made us champions was marv.  In S14 I was pretty excited about BOOM's strategy as the season progressed.  Towards the end of the season I asked marv to look at a box score and tell me what he thought our strategy was.  He correctly guessed that we were using SP's in leadership as a secondary for our PG's which was pretty surprising.  Essentially marv is terrific at "scouting" other teams and I imagine he probably had a better idea of what chems teams had and slider settings were being used than some of the players on other teams.  Dedicated users put us in contention, but marv put us over the top.

One of the interested things for me was how different our strategy was before/after our gym rat seasons.  We won our first 3 titles by getting as high of chems possible, pretty much just training our main highly and point whoring just enough to make sure we maxed out SP's in our main.  Our gym rat season was used to catch up in tp's and establish strategic secondaries (notice how the secondaries cover weaker areas on each line).  After that season we trained our main only high enough to achieve the desired chem level and then pushed our secondaries as high as possible while points whoring to get extra SP's in our secondary.  Even in our 3rd season after GRing we were still able to get every player but one to 1000 tp (meaning 3 in a secondary) and even the PG's were able to get 2 SP's in a secondary while GRing.

tmoney brings up some good points. In some cases we made whole sale slider changes for every player from playoff game to playoff game and not once did I get a PM back questioning my decision. To be fair I looked at a bit more than 1 boxscore when tmoney asked me to deconstruct the Boom strategy. wink

Al Michaels | The Baltimore Bullets
Mike Carey | Candy Trafficking Task Force

#42 2010-05-03 12:29:07

Sirvini
PM

Another critical step in our process was everytime I let something "slip" to Hubba about our gaming strategy.  I'm sorry I had to fib.

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/17566.jpg
Andy Sirianni--Point Guard&Captain--Stout Blue Devils (Bird)
Snicker Doodle--Center--C.T.T.F. (Inaugural Jordan League Champions)

#43 2010-05-03 12:56:43

Lord Rott
HATERAID - Release the Hater in you.
PM

Amazing.

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/6941.jpg
3 Championships - ROTLW, Full Eclipse & RK Beer Barons -- 1 DPOY-Anne Bonney
5 2nd Team- Mason Charles, Vittorio Bene-2,  Black Taco-2, Roy G. Biv 4 1st Team - Vittorio Bene, Walrus Jones, Count Walrus, Mason Charles
9 All-D Awards-Mason Charles-5, Walrus Jones-2, Hikreem Allonyamom-2

#44 2010-05-03 13:00:45

SwaggerJ
PM

ToFuSmurF wrote:

malice wrote:

All we needed was 4 more points....and we would've been in the championship game against Full Eclipse (my other team at the time and one of our biggest rival that season in terms of talent, correct? [Spider Pigs was the other])

Yeah, I hate to say it, but we (FE) got quite lucky that season with the 2 best teams getting knocked out before we would have had to play them. Besides, you can't sigh too loudly. I did get you a ring that season. Besides you paid me back by knocking FE out of the playoffs 2 or 3 times after that!

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/2007.jpg

8 Rings: CTTF(J) (8, 9, 10, 14, 16) - FE(B) (12) - CRAP(W) (13) - RKBB(B) (15)

#45 2010-05-03 13:07:25

SwaggerJ
PM

marv88harrison wrote:

tmoney20 wrote:

tmoney brings up some good points. In some cases we made whole sale slider changes for every player from playoff game to playoff game and not once did I get a PM back questioning my decision. To be fair I looked at a bit more than 1 boxscore when tmoney asked me to deconstruct the Boom strategy. wink

I think part of the genius was the fact that you didn't really do much gameplanning in the regular season. You took some notes, and charted some things, but that was pretty much it. The reason I say it was genius was for 2 reasons. First, teams couldn't really scout us since most games weren't played "for real". Second, by taking the regular season off, it allowed you to not get burned out over 40 days of meaningless games and really just focus on the last 3 or 4 days of the season, when it counted.

I also should say that I learned a TON from being on CTTF. I was relatively new when Jordan rolled out and I'm pretty sure marv didn't know who I was at that point. That was also the season that I started Full Eclipse and without being on the Task Force, I don't think FE would have developed into the team it is today.

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/2007.jpg

8 Rings: CTTF(J) (8, 9, 10, 14, 16) - FE(B) (12) - CRAP(W) (13) - RKBB(B) (15)

#46 2010-05-03 13:35:07

bbkaos
PM

Well yeah, I am guessing CTTF really ramped up those sliders for the playoffs.  It always seemed to me that you guys were much more generic during the season.  Obviously Wallace was probably always slid pretty heavily to passing (pretty obvious one). 

It was actually by studying teams like CTTF that I realized the differences in builds, how to slide, and how to use secondaries effectively.

9 Championships (5 Jordan, 3 West, 1 Kareem)

#47 2010-05-03 13:35:36

Synergy
PM

Its sad to see two of the best teams in Jordan retire (CSB & CTTF) and teams like Space Jam & ROTP talking about retirement.
I can understand why, since you guys have done everything there is to do in this game & more.

The good thing is it opens up this league for new teams to win the championship. The bad thing is we dont get to beat the best on the way to the championship.

Anyways, best of luck to you CTTF guys in RL & hopefully a few months down the line, you will miss the game & make a dramatic return.

#48 2010-05-03 20:40:16

cody wong
PM

we will always look up to marv and his CTTF guys. Thanks.

Piloted by Rhekz
Retired Player for Mafia Experience Purposes only

#49 2010-05-04 10:40:09

OmnikinSA
PM

A little late to the party, but you guys set a new standard for success in this game.  Good luck in the future

#50 2010-05-11 02:03:31

mystic
PM

Seriously:

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/9654/challenge.gif

Are some of those guys are even paying attention. CTTF has not even enough active players right now to accept any challenge!

The Baltimore Bullets (S4 - S17): 395-210 RS record; 38-13 PS record; Runner-up in S 7, 13, 16, 17; Elite 8 in S 6, 9, 10, 12, 15; Pro A/B from S 6 to 17
Thanks bhill1767, Blowcaine, FastAsATurtle, fresh_tacos, Funk, Harbour, jbus, Lord Rott, marv88harrison, mchea, pat_mac05, redundant, rippev, team rohan, tesche, tmoney20, tsb5026, UCFinfan86, x-factor

Board footer