Court Rivals Forums

An open forum to discuss issues related to Court Rivals!

You are not logged in.

#26 2010-05-13 23:02:36

SwaggerJ
Accomplishments: 0
PM

Re: Hannibal's Weekly(ish) Top Ten--Season 17 Version

Good stuff Hannibal!

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/2007.jpg

8 Rings: CTTF(J) (8, 9, 10, 14, 16) - FE(B) (12) - CRAP(W) (13) - RKBB(B) (15)

#27 2010-05-13 23:11:26

ToFuSmurF
Papa Smurf
PM

I leave my teams to the random scheduling. 

And Hannibal...I love you<3

Season 10 & 11 Kareem Champions: Just Blaze Season 14 & 15 Champions: Boom Goes The Odenite
Season 12 Bird Champions: Full Eclipse Season 15 Champions: RK Beer Barons
Season 16 West Champions: Even Money
Ballin 4 Dummies (Season 12): 41-1 Regular Season Record

#28 2010-05-14 01:18:52

Peterpan402005
PM

Great read as always.  And I appreciate the recognition too.  Hope we can keep it up to be deserving of a top ten spot.

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/8824.jpg

Championships: Guardians S12 Will Ferrell S15 Bloody Mary S19 S20 Almost Famous (c) S43 S44 S49 S50 Crunch Time (c) S46, S48 The Lost Boys (c) S65, S67 West League S23,25,33,41,45,46,47,61,64,67

#29 2010-05-14 01:28:43

toinks
PM

Great work and thanks for the props. I agree that our schedule this season has been somewhat soft thus far. Hope we can stay in the Top 5 all season long.

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/20203.jpg
4-3-2-1 (Elite 8s, Final 4s, Championship Games, Championship)

#30 2010-05-14 08:09:02

krishnasitlani
PM

SwaggerJ wrote:

Good stuff Hannibal!

#31 2010-05-20 22:33:06

Hannibal
PM

Three weeks down and it's time for our midterm elections to this top ten list.  So with less pomp and circumstance than usual...

#1) Diliman United (19-1) (Last Week: 1): Even with their first loss and a lighter week than the hard-charging #2 on this list, Diliman United retained their top spot.  And, while I allude to a "lighter" week, DU was facing nothing but top competition (3-1 against the top ten, 3-0 against Last Out).  Additionally, it should be noted that all of their top ten wins were against teams on the top half of the list and were by a sizable margin.  So, for now, DU remains top dog.

#2) Strong Cundiff (19-1) (Last Week: 3): Strong Cundiff was amazing this week.  Not only did they have a perfect record, but five of those wins came against the top six teams on this list.  While I still give deference to DU for the top spot, with another week like this one, SC will find itself top dog...well maybe top stuffed dog in an awkward photograph that is reminiscient of a senior picture that you didn't want to keep but your mother loved (still not getting that team avatar tongue).

#3) SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS (12-8) (Last Week: 4): SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS had another one of those weeks that looking only at the numbers looks very mediocre, but when you delve into what was actually accomplished, you have to say, "Wow, this is a damn good team."  SFYL had a solid but not jaw-dropping 4-3 week (all against the top ten).  But, when you see that all of those losses were against #1 and #2 on this list and that they knocked off Full Eclipse yet again...as I said, "Wow, this is a damn good team."

#4) Full Eclipse (17-3) (Last Week: 2): Full Eclipse continues to be overshadowed by their predecessors on this list; however, this is not a team that should be underestimated.  FE had another strong week going 5-2, but they didn't play as many top teams (2-2 against the top ten).  With three weeks left, it isn't time to write off any team, but I would love to see FE put up a statement win against one of this week's top three.

#5) Ballin for Dummies (13-7) (Last Week: 5): Ballin for Dummies continues to struggle.  While a 3-4 week isn't ostensibly a bad week, once again (like with SFYL) when you delve into the numbers B4D seems to be in trouble (0-4 against the top ten).  As I said with FE, there is plenty of time to right the ship, but B4D needs to do it quickly before its too late to salvage a good seeding.

#6) Chicken Mafia (11-9) (Last Week: 10): Chicken Mafia had a Jekyll-and-Hyde week.  We started off well (3-1 against the top ten), but we ended the week with a dud (0-3, two against the top ten and one to an unranked).  While B4D's troubles left the door open for further upward movement, we failed to move through it.

#7) Disgruntled Postmen (10-10) (Last Week: 8): Disgruntled Postmen continue to impress with another solid week.  Had DP only beaten DU, they would've held onto their ranking in this top ten, but they added another top ten win and held their losses to only top ten teams.  DP is just warming up (like in season 15), and should not be taken lightly in the second half.

#8) Wagga Wagga Wombat Collective (12-8) (Last Week: 9): Wagga Wagga Wombat Collective continues to move up the rankings and up this top ten list.   WWWC was the mirror image of CM this week starting with a weaker performance against the top ten (0-2 in the first four games) but game on stronger to end the week (2-0 against the top ten).  Despite the momentum, the weaker strength of schedule has kept them behind CM.

#9) RK Croquet Hoes (11-9) (Last Week: 11/NR): RK Croquet Hoes continues to cruise around the course with another solid week.  With all of their losses coming against the top ten (to go along with two wins against the same list), RKCH is holding their own against the big boys.  As RKCH looks to move up the list and up the ratings board, beware of swinging mallets.

#10) Wizards extreme ballers (11-9): Wizards extreme ballers played a tough schedule this week with five teams in the top ten.  Unfortunately for WEB, they had a weaker performance than they would like (1-4).  And while past performances kept them on this list, more weeks like this will not.

Best of the Rest/Last Out: GSW 09-10 and Crunch Time find themselves in purgatory due to the inability to win against the top ten.  While they are not alone in this shortcoming (B4D), they don't have the resumes so far this season to keep them up.  However, with all of the top ten in Pro A, there will be lots of shuffling in rankings and plenty of opportunity for upward or downward movement.

Rounding out the top 20: #13) CGG, #14) RKBB, #15) santugon, #16) International Blend 2.0 (god I hate having an incomplete team on here...time for contraction),  #17) Point Whores, #18) Pwnstars, #19) team ritche, #20) Mata Nui Despots

Well, from now on we are running downhill toward the playoffs. Check back here next week to find out who is building a head of steam, who has stumbled, and who has crashed and burned.

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/25006.jpg
Classic: Almost Famous (Captain), Chicken Mafia (Captain)
Eggsistential Crisis (now Almost Famous)--Season 24 Classic Champs

#32 2010-05-20 22:48:58

tosweet68
World War I Flying Ace
PM

Nice job as always hannibal smile

West Champions Angry Robots Attack - Season 24, 26  We Hunt For Naked Girls Season 35
RGM Mavs - Playoffs Seasons 2-38 Sweet 16 - Seasons 3, 7, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 16, 18, 21, 27, 31, 35, 38 Elite 8 - Seasons 8, 15, 17, 20, 24, 25, 29, 30 Final 4 - Seasons 6, 28, 32, 33, 34 Championship Runner-Up - Season 5, 36, 37

#33 2010-05-21 02:57:51

cpark59
PM

tosweet68 wrote:

Nice job as always hannibal smile

Nice work.

International Blend 2.0 should have a full squad within the next few days.

Sunshine Swing | S.H.I.E.L.D | Domestic Fight Club | High Hopes |Return of TL |
Sunshine Swing - S27,30, 32, 33 Runner-up, Season 28 and 29 Jordan Champions!
High Hopes Season 38 Classic Champions! We broke the curse!

#34 2010-05-21 03:37:15

ToFuSmurF
Papa Smurf
PM

Nice work Hannibal, Finals are over, so now I can actually gameplan big_smile

Season 10 & 11 Kareem Champions: Just Blaze Season 14 & 15 Champions: Boom Goes The Odenite

#35 2010-05-21 08:47:53

Lord Rott
HATERAID - Release the Hater in you.
PM

Good job.
I expect to see some RKBB love next week.

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/6941.jpg
3 Championships - ROTLW, Full Eclipse & RK Beer Barons -- 1 DPOY-Anne Bonney
5 2nd Team- Mason Charles, Vittorio Bene-2,  Black Taco-2, Roy G. Biv 4 1st Team - Vittorio Bene, Walrus Jones, Count Walrus, Mason Charles
9 All-D Awards-Mason Charles-5, Walrus Jones-2, Hikreem Allonyamom-2

#36 2010-05-21 13:40:29

Hannibal
PM

Lord Rott wrote:

Good job.
I expect to see some RKBB love next week.

I was really close to putting them in at #10, but I didn't feel I could justify it with only 2 top ten games.

#37 2010-05-22 22:13:15

Jmull08
PM

nice work, appreciate it.

#38 2010-05-27 00:32:38

Hannibal
PM

I'm travelling starting tomorrow night.  I'll really try to get the top ten done during my lunch hour tomorrow.  If not, you may have to wait until sometime Saturday/Sunday (I should be able to squeeze it in between some of the festivities of the wedding which I'm attending).

#39 2010-05-28 09:21:29

SwaggerJ
PM

At your leisure good sir

#40 2010-06-04 08:44:35

SwaggerJ
PM

SwaggerJ wrote:

At your leisure good sir

Ok, I take that back... Do it now!!! tongue

#41 2010-06-04 12:12:17

Hannibal
PM

I know that I've been really bad this season Swagger...I'll get to it this weekend I absolutely promise.  I'd say there is 20% chance it gets done tonight (Friday night), 80% chance it's done by Saturday night, and 100% chance by Sunday night.

#42 2010-06-06 22:51:47

Hannibal
PM

Well, I'm only half done with my research, and am having a few difficulties doing what I normally do due to page refreshing issues.

Until I can do the proper write-up I will at least post the top ten as I have it now.  I'll do the rest of the research when the crash affects are done.

#1) Diliman United
#2) Full Eclipse
#3) Strong Cundiff
#4) Chicken Mafia
#5) Ballin for Dummies
#6) RK Croquet Hoes
#7) Wagga Wagga Wombat Collective
#8) Wizards extreme ballers
#9) RK Beer Barons
#10) Golden State Warriors 09-10

#43 2010-06-07 00:27:29

krishnasitlani
PM

Will be waiting cool

#44 2010-06-08 22:19:27

toinks
PM

I must humbly admit that after the last 2 games, FE deserves the top spot.

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/20203.jpg
4-3-2-1 (Elite 8s, Final 4s, Championship Games, Championship)

#45 2010-06-08 22:27:09

SwaggerJ
PM

toinks wrote:

I must humbly admit that after the last 2 games, FE deserves the top spot.

Lol, we only beat you guys by 1 point, that could have easily gone the other way tongue

#46 2010-06-11 09:45:32

Hannibal
PM

This is it--where the metal meets the road.  As we all hope for our "One Shining Moment", let's take a look at which teams have the roughest road to the championship and what could be the defining match-ups along the way.  I'll start by taking a look at how I rank the brackets.

When considering the brackets difficulty, I tried to determine the difficulty from the perspective of the #1 seed.  So, I felt that the toughest brackets actually have the most opportunity for upsets.  From easiest to toughest, this is how I rank the brackets:

#4) North (#1: Full Eclipse) -- Having shored up the #1 overall seed with a win of Diliman United in the final game of the season, it seems that Full Eclipse also shored up the easiest road to the Final Four.  #2 CGG back-doored its way into that seeding by dominating Pro B at the right time.  CGG consistently struggled against the top ten, and in their two meetings early in the season FE won handily.  Since the large skill point discrepancy hasn't changed, I would expect the same should there be a rematch in the elite eight.  The more likely elite eight opponent, at least in my opinion, is #3-seed Wizards extreme ballers who beat CGG in their only head-to-head match-up.  Web had a solid season and held its own against Pro A opponents, however (much like CGG) they did lose in their two meetings with FE.  In this likely match-up, I once again predict that FE overshadows Web.  To reach the elite eight, Full Eclipse will either have to beat a gym-ratting team (#4 NDSU Bison) or a team short on a ton of TSP's (#5 International Blend).  So, needless to say that Full Eclipse's swan song seems to have at least a final four in its future.

#3) West (#1: Diliman United) -- Diliman United's road to the final four is only marginally more difficult than #1-overall Full Eclipse.  In the sweet sixteen, DU will likely face #5-seed Pwnstars (who has stomped #4 santugon three times this season) who has yet to notch a win against a Pro A.  The elite eight should pose more of a challenge potentially.  DU's most likely match-up is #2-seed Golden State Warriors 09-10, who did lose twice in the first third of the season to Diliman.  However, with their single scorer system beginning to blossom toward the end of the season, GSW should put up more of a fight than they did earlier this season.  DU's other potential match-up in the elite eight, #3-seed Disgruntled Postmen is actually the only team in this bracket to beat Diliman.  While DP still had a losing record against Diliman (1-2), they at least have a roadmap to victory.  But, when all is said and done, I expect to see Diliman rising to the occasion and moving on to the final four.

#2) South (#1: Ballin for Dummies): Another season, another #1-seed for Ballin for Dummies, another tough draw...somethings never seem to change.  ToFu has to be cursing his luck a bit, because he cannot seem to escape me nor himself.  For the past three seasons, B4D and a team which I've captained have squared off in the elite eight.  While we've split this series, B4D seems to have the edge this season with recent wins against Chicken Mafia, but the playoffs always bring new wrinkles.  And, while Chicken Mafia has yet to beat B4D, it has succesfully beaten other #1-seeds Strong Cundiff and Diliman United.  If B4D doesn't match-up against Chicken Mafia, it will mean that ToFu will be at the helm of both teams in the elite 8.  #3-seed RK Croquet Hoes (of which ToFu is a co-captain) has done what others in this bracket have not, beat B4D (1-3).  With both teams strategies shaped by the same minds, anything could happen in this potential elite eight match-up.  While B4D's elite eight match-ups are intriguing, its sweet sixteen seems straight forward enough.  #4-seed Crunch Time hasn't had much success against Pro A teams, and was unsuccessful in three games against B4D.  CT is a veteran squad, but they just don't seem to have the muscle this year to go toe-to-toe with the biggest boys.

#1) East (#1: Strong Cundiff) -- Strong Cundiff had a fantastic season, but unfortunately for them their hard work to get where they are hasn't rewarded them when it came to playoff match-ups.  Stong Cundiff is the only #1-seed this year who has a loss to their #4-seed.  But then again, SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS isn't your average #4-seed.  While their late season slide raise some questions about their viability in the playoffs, I have to wonder if apathy in game-planning was the cause.  Irrespective of the root of their slide, SFYL is a dangerous sweet sixteen match-up for SC.  The elite eight doesn't portend to be any easier for SC.  #3-seed and potential elite eight match-up, Wagga Wagga Wombat Collective is a perennial contender.  And while the sole meeting between WWWC and SC was a late season victory for Cundiff, WWWC looks to stand at least a puncher's chance with their solid totals and veteran leadership.  Should WWWC not make the elite eight, they will have fallen at hands of #2-seed RK Beer Barons.  Once again ToFu would be feeling schizophrenic if this is the match-up being that he's at the helm of both teams.  Much like RKCH/B4D, Strong Cundiff holds advantage in the season series with RKBB (3-1), but once again its impossible to say who has the advantage in this match-up of brethren.

Well, I've already discussed some of the big games that could occur, but there are many more.  Here is my top 10 potential match-ups that I hope to be watching:

A) #2 RK Beer Barons vs. #1 Strong Cundiff (Round: Elite Eight, Bracket: East)

B) #2 Chicken Mafia vs. #1 Ballin for Dummies (Round: Elite Eight, Bracket: South)

C) #3 Wizards extreme ballers vs. #1 Full Eclipse (Round: Elite Eight, Bracket: North)

D) #3 Disgruntled Postmen vs. #2 Golden State Warriors 09-10 (Round: Sweet Sixteen, Bracket: West)

E) #3 RK Croquet Hoes vs. #2 Chicken Mafia (Round: Sweet Sixteen, Bracket: South)

F) #4 SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS vs. #1 Strong Cundiff (Round: Sweet Sixteen, Bracket: East)

G) #3 Wagga Wagga Wombat Collective vs. #2 RK Beer Barons (Round: Sweet Sixteen, Bracket: East)

H) #3 Disgruntled Postmen vs. #1 Diliman United (Round: Elite Eight, Bracket: North)

I) #3 RK Croquet Hoes vs. #1 Ballin for Dummies (Round: Elite Eight, Bracket: South)

J) #2 Golden State Warriors 09-10 vs. #1 Diliman United (Round: Elite Eight, Bracket: West)

Last edited by Hannibal (2010-06-11 14:34:22)

#47 2010-06-11 12:44:45

krishnasitlani
PM

Hannibal wrote:

I will not be posting my playoff preview until I hear from the admin in my thread in general.

That is all the more I will say for now.

Post the PLAYOFF PREVIEW now!! I Command you wink Hyphy's back..

#48 2010-06-11 14:09:56

eamz
PM

krishnasitlani wrote:

Hannibal wrote:

I will not be posting my playoff preview until I hear from the admin in my thread in general.

That is all the more I will say for now.

Post the PLAYOFF PREVIEW now!! I Command you wink Hyphy's back..

2nded

“Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak.”

#49 2010-06-12 00:23:13

krishnasitlani
PM

Awesome!! Good read once again..

#50 2010-06-12 00:29:09

ToFuSmurF
Papa Smurf
PM

Woe is me.

Board footer