Court Rivals Forums

An open forum to discuss issues related to Court Rivals!

You are not logged in.

#26 2010-05-10 09:35:41

malice
In Wonderland
Accomplishments: 0
From: 日本 (Japan)
Registered: 2008-06-29
Posts: 21383
PM  Website

Re: Best Team in Each Conference

Synergy wrote:

kr1shna wrote:

i like that noone is mentioning us anymore. muhaha

I think that has more to do with the fact that I (and possibly others) don't see you guys guys as title contenders.

Well... to be fair, half the teams that HAVE been named aren't really contenders, not in the way you're talking about.


Causticly Rude Arkham Psychos - S13 Champions
Blaze Armada - S30 Champions

Offline

 

#27 2010-05-10 09:50:36

mattya802
Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: MA
Registered: 2008-12-22
Posts: 9532
PM

Re: Best Team in Each Conference

Synergy wrote:

I expect the Gents streak to be snapped tonight by McDuck

I also agree with this.

Last edited by mattya802 (2010-05-10 09:50:45)


http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/25106.jpg
Bird - Season 11 Champs!    Obvious troll is obvious, and therefore easy to ignore - <3 MenZ
Classic - Franchise Connection
West - BM (captain), CR Veterans     Total: 5 championships

Offline

 

#28 2010-05-10 09:54:43

krishnasitlani
Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: Philippines
Registered: 2008-12-07
Posts: 7125
PM

Re: Best Team in Each Conference

mattya802 wrote:

Synergy wrote:

I expect the Gents streak to be snapped tonight by McDuck

I also agree with this.

Agree.. 2 seasons of Gr is big..


Offline

 

#29 2010-05-10 09:58:45

mattya802
Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: MA
Registered: 2008-12-22
Posts: 9532
PM

Re: Best Team in Each Conference

*waits for chek*


http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/25106.jpg
Bird - Season 11 Champs!    Obvious troll is obvious, and therefore easy to ignore - <3 MenZ
Classic - Franchise Connection
West - BM (captain), CR Veterans     Total: 5 championships

Offline

 

#30 2010-05-10 10:09:28

Synergy
Member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2009-06-09
Posts: 570
PM

Re: Best Team in Each Conference

malice wrote:

Synergy wrote:

kr1shna wrote:

i like that noone is mentioning us anymore. muhaha

I think that has more to do with the fact that I (and possibly others) don't see you guys guys as title contenders.

Well... to be fair, half the teams that HAVE been named aren't really contenders, not in the way you're talking about.

Yes I am aware that barring an outlier, RoTP will win the title(highest TPs as well as the second best captain in Jordan history). But the teams mentioned are the teams I expect to be in the running for the final four.


Death Note/Tezaku are probably dark horses as you guys have experienced captains, however there is no easy counter to high TPs, assuming the points have been invested wisely & the captain knows what he is doing.

Last edited by Synergy (2010-05-10 10:10:00)

Offline

 

#31 2010-05-10 14:28:03

chekreyes
Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: FL
Registered: 2008-12-18
Posts: 9806
PM  Website

Re: Best Team in Each Conference

Waiting for me for what? I think our performance thus far speaks for itself. From just the 22nd spot in trained value, we are undefeated and have four pro "A" victories - two of them were with ease and one of the others was over the second highest trained team in the league.

What else do you want from me? A prediction on tonight's game? Fine. If in a few days, I would be a little concerned. Not tonight though, the streak will continue.

Start accepting challenges? Not yet. Like all teams, we have some early season things to sort out ourselves. While beating one of these one loss teams might further validate us, that's not our concern right now. It makes more sense for us to continue to take advantage of the *lesser* draws and continue to build a cushion should we at some point meet a rough patch.


Season 21 Jordan MVP
Two-time West League runner up, co-owner

Offline

 

#32 2010-05-10 14:42:13

kr1shna
Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: Germany
Registered: 2009-05-05
Posts: 1529
PM

Re: Best Team in Each Conference

chekreyes wrote:

What else do you want from me?

To continue to let your "performance" speak for itself and accept their challenge.

But obviously you are more concerned with Rating points and afraid of losing to Bbkaos and mattya


http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/29518.jpg
PG Keyboard Cat - MAC

Offline

 

#33 2010-05-10 14:54:31

bbkaos
Member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2009-03-31
Posts: 6717
PM

Re: Best Team in Each Conference

Oh snap!  I thought we were all having fun with this undefeated Gents thing.  If I knew you guys were taking it seriously I wouldn't keep bringing up the challenge tongue


9 Championships (5 Jordan, 3 West, 1 Kareem)

Offline

 

#34 2010-05-10 15:10:26

chekreyes
Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: FL
Registered: 2008-12-18
Posts: 9806
PM  Website

Re: Best Team in Each Conference

LOL. I indeed was. You'll have to excuse krishna though. Understand that we just beat him by 17 points - he's understandably a little bitter right now.

We're absolutely not afraid of losing to them krishna. We do however understand that this potential exists more with them than some of the other teams. It's not a risk that makes any sense for us to take right now. You'll learn...

Last edited by chekreyes (2010-05-10 15:10:52)


Season 21 Jordan MVP
Two-time West League runner up, co-owner

Offline

 

#35 2010-05-10 15:23:19

kr1shna
Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: Germany
Registered: 2009-05-05
Posts: 1529
PM

Re: Best Team in Each Conference

oh I am sure that I do have much to learn indeed, however you are confusing what I am saying with what you are considering to be me being bitter.

But I am sure you already know why we were not that threat to beat you yesterday.


http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/29518.jpg
PG Keyboard Cat - MAC

Offline

 

#36 2010-05-10 15:27:06

chekreyes
Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: FL
Registered: 2008-12-18
Posts: 9806
PM  Website

Re: Best Team in Each Conference

The last team that should be jumping into this accept challenges *war* is the one that we just killed the night before krishna. No matter how you say it, it is going to make you look bitter... plus make me fall of my chair laughing with every new post from you.


Season 21 Jordan MVP
Two-time West League runner up, co-owner

Offline

 

#37 2010-05-10 15:28:27

bbkaos
Member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2009-03-31
Posts: 6717
PM

Re: Best Team in Each Conference

I don't think he was bitter at all....not sure where that comes from.


9 Championships (5 Jordan, 3 West, 1 Kareem)

Offline

 

#38 2010-05-10 15:31:04

chekreyes
Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: FL
Registered: 2008-12-18
Posts: 9806
PM  Website

Re: Best Team in Each Conference

Umm... it comes from the sharp response that had you say "Oh snap!" coupled with their 17 point loss the night before.


Season 21 Jordan MVP
Two-time West League runner up, co-owner

Offline

 

#39 2010-05-10 15:37:15

kr1shna
Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: Germany
Registered: 2009-05-05
Posts: 1529
PM

Re: Best Team in Each Conference

oh i am sorry, that I decided to speak up to you after my team lost to you last night.

*If only the game would have ended at halftime, we would have won!* /bitter
I hope I don't make you fall out of your chair again here.

And just for clarificatication: GG Gents. wink


http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/29518.jpg
PG Keyboard Cat - MAC

Offline

 

#40 2010-05-10 15:38:43

bbkaos
Member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2009-03-31
Posts: 6717
PM

Re: Best Team in Each Conference

Yeah I don't see bitter there, and I don't see a 17 point loss as a big deal.  He seems very much ok with his team's current performance.  My "oh snap!" was meant to be silly...like playing along with this whole thing. 

I feel he was more commenting on the "10-0" and "top dog" combined with "we don't want to risk playing them" type comments.


9 Championships (5 Jordan, 3 West, 1 Kareem)

Offline

 

#41 2010-05-10 15:44:57

Synergy
Member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2009-06-09
Posts: 570
PM

Re: Best Team in Each Conference

Relax chek, no need to have a go at Krishna. I totally understand why you guys aren't accepting challenges. We did the same thing last year.
Why mess with a good thing right?

Eventually the schedule catches up with you. We had a killer home stretch before the playoffs, where we got nothing but the top teams.

Anyways, I for one have been impressed with your early season form. Still don't think you guys are serious contenders for final 4, but I have been proved wrong before and hopefully you guys can prove me wrong, during the playoffs.

bbkaos> I was hoping you guys would try & go for the undefeated season, but a bad game right off the bat, did you guys in. Maybe you can give it a fair go next season wink

Last edited by Synergy (2010-05-10 15:45:19)

Offline

 

#42 2010-05-10 15:55:28

bbkaos
Member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2009-03-31
Posts: 6717
PM

Re: Best Team in Each Conference

A few things:

1.  I absolutely think the Gents are a contender for the final 4.  Actually, they are the team that I am most apprehensive about facing in the end.  I guess Space Jam, Gents, and Minions would be my picks right now.  That has little to do with what has happened so far, and everything to do with how I think things will end up. 

2.  I did want to go undefeated, even though I knew it would be a crazy long shot.  It is nice in a way to have that pressure gone early.  I think ratting 4 players would make the early going the most vulnerable part of the season for us.  Same reason why I think we are extremely beatable right now.  Same reason why I am surprised that teams don't want to knock us off while we are pretty weak. 

3.  This whole challenge thing is pretty funny.


9 Championships (5 Jordan, 3 West, 1 Kareem)

Offline

 

#43 2010-05-10 16:02:23

kr1shna
Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: Germany
Registered: 2009-05-05
Posts: 1529
PM

Re: Best Team in Each Conference

bbkaos wrote:

3.  This whole challenge thing is pretty funny.

Which is exactly, why I was trying to poke something out of Chek.

Think of it, like being the Yankees or Bayern Munich, Chekreyes, they are the big dogs in their leagues and people want to see them prove it continuously.

Last edited by kr1shna (2010-05-10 16:02:42)


http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/29518.jpg
PG Keyboard Cat - MAC

Offline

 

#44 2010-05-10 16:05:22

chekreyes
Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: FL
Registered: 2008-12-18
Posts: 9806
PM  Website

Re: Best Team in Each Conference

LOL. Me having a go at it with krishna? Seems like vice versa. After all, he came in with the "afraid" comments. And I still find it mighty funny that bbkaos still sees no bitterness. He probably does, just wont say it. I wouldn't want to ruffle the feathers of one of my newly acquired cheerleaders either. Ha!

I will have a go with you though Synergy. How can you not call us serious contenders for a final four appearance? Regardless of who the opponents are, winning ten straight is a heck of an accomplishment in any pro division. Plus again, we beat the second highest trained team as well as blew out one or two others that remain in pro "A". And it's not like we haven't been here before. The Gents and asavoy have done this before... and went very deep. I've also had some success in Jordan despite lesser players as well as have had two West league runner ups. No offense, but it doesn't make any sense for you to compare us with you of a season ago. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe our resumes are much more impressive than yours.

And thinking that one game against ROTLP, win or lose, would tell a complete story is another sign that some users here still have a lot to learn... (not to mention one on day 12)

Last edited by chekreyes (2010-05-10 16:07:58)


Season 21 Jordan MVP
Two-time West League runner up, co-owner

Offline

 

#45 2010-05-10 16:09:31

kr1shna
Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: Germany
Registered: 2009-05-05
Posts: 1529
PM

Re: Best Team in Each Conference

He doesn't consider you two a contender, for two reasons:

1) It is early in the season, so the games really arent as much of an indication for team strengths come playoff time for a few reasons (players GR'ing and chem levels..)

2) You are 22nd in Total Trained Points.


http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/29518.jpg
PG Keyboard Cat - MAC

Offline

 

#46 2010-05-10 16:13:05

chekreyes
Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: FL
Registered: 2008-12-18
Posts: 9806
PM  Website

Re: Best Team in Each Conference

Are you his agent?

And point one makes no sense, by the way. You could say this of ANY team. Point two does hold some water. It's a lot less though than you probably think though. Ask some people who have known me for a while.

Last edited by chekreyes (2010-05-10 16:14:27)


Season 21 Jordan MVP
Two-time West League runner up, co-owner

Offline

 

#47 2010-05-10 16:13:50

bbkaos
Member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2009-03-31
Posts: 6717
PM

Re: Best Team in Each Conference

Ok well I don't think he is bitter about losing a day 10 game to you by under 20 points.  He probably is annoyed with all the "10-0" type comments when very little has been proven by anyone.

One game against would RotLP would certainly justify the self-promotion in many people's eyes.  Say you beat us tomorrow, that would at least give you a reason to toot that horn.  Again, I think you are a contender because I know what you know, not because you have won a few games early in the year.

Edit:  Being 22nd in total points doesn't eliminate anyone.  Jordan is very weak this season, and the Gents know what they are doing.  A team with the TP lead RotLP has wouldn't automatically be good either, it is just that combined with our plan that makes it work.

Last edited by bbkaos (2010-05-10 16:15:08)


9 Championships (5 Jordan, 3 West, 1 Kareem)

Offline

 

#48 2010-05-10 16:18:46

chekreyes
Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: FL
Registered: 2008-12-18
Posts: 9806
PM  Website

Re: Best Team in Each Conference

"Self promotion", "10-0 type comments"? Rofl. All I've done is post our record as this streak continues. The only thing that has even come close to bragging has been after you guys begged for it!


Season 21 Jordan MVP
Two-time West League runner up, co-owner

Offline

 

#49 2010-05-10 16:21:33

kr1shna
Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: Germany
Registered: 2009-05-05
Posts: 1529
PM

Re: Best Team in Each Conference

chekreyes wrote:

Are you his agent?

And point one makes no sense, by the way. You could say this of ANY team. Point two does hold some water. It's a lot less though than you probably think though. Ask some people who have known me for a while.

Just because you could say it about any team, does not take away from the general trueness of it.
And yes, obviously total points is a weak indicator for such things as sim points and all other factors to build a winning team - which you and asavoy certainly have been able to do so far.


http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/29518.jpg
PG Keyboard Cat - MAC

Offline

 

#50 2010-05-10 16:24:11

bbkaos
Member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2009-03-31
Posts: 6717
PM

Re: Best Team in Each Conference

chekreyes wrote:

"Self promotion", "10-0 type comments"? Rofl. All I've done is post our record as this streak continues. The only thing that has even come close to bragging has been after you guys begged for it!

That might be so.  I bet I'm not the only one who took it that way though tongue


9 Championships (5 Jordan, 3 West, 1 Kareem)

Offline

 

Board footer

Powered by PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2005 Rickard Andersson