Court Rivals Forums

An open forum to discuss issues related to Court Rivals!

You are not logged in.

#51 2010-06-13 01:03:21

Urbanstien
The People's Mod
Accomplishments: 0
From: Pot fields of PA
Registered: 2008-06-05
Posts: 15782
PM

Re: Forum Activity

I say free hookers for every person that buys 60 premium. That would make things WaYYYY better


Still getting High after all these years.....
Weed and OJ has kept me going for years
W&W is the way I roll, (Women & Weed)
http://www.freesportsbet.com/urb420.html

Offline

 

#52 2010-06-13 02:34:55

Wade_
Member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2008-05-20
Posts: 5967
PM

Re: Forum Activity

whats sad is once the new season starts and we go back to endurance training, all this will be forgotten sad.

another thing i notice is it's a Saturday night, and Saturday nights at or near the end of the season have been notorious for a jump in forum activity.

I remember there actually being a suggestion to always have the season end on a Saturday for nights like this to happen.


Tylers All Stars returns...
http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/1200.jpg

Offline

 

#53 2010-06-13 02:35:47

Slightly Hyphy
Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: Bay Area
Registered: 2008-05-27
Posts: 18910
PM

Re: Forum Activity

CR had all the vets in its grasp, and if it had just held tight, these forums would still be jumpin.


"When I play ball I really like to bang with the big men down low. I'm pretty aggressive but sometimes bobbling balls is a challenge-you've just got to really reach in there and really get a firm hold. When it comes down to it, I really just have to pound it up in there if I want to score" -MyNetsForLife

Offline

 

#54 2010-06-13 02:36:06

DemonDeacs
Member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2008-05-25
Posts: 9646
PM  Website

Re: Forum Activity

Yes, I said that, as well as marv, and we got shot down like you wouldn't believe.

sad

Offline

 

#55 2010-06-14 15:39:32

BleedBlue
Member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2009-11-15
Posts: 607
PM

Re: Forum Activity

GEEZ!!! forums are crazy right now i must say


"We don't have to be better than them the first 364 days, we don't even have to be better than them for the next 23 hours. We just have to be better than them for 40 minutes."
- Brad Stevens, Butler Bulldogs head coach

Offline

 

#56 2010-06-14 15:43:46

Lacey3
New member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2010-06-12
Posts: 3
PM

Re: Forum Activity

Wow I reffered a friend and they joined my team but I didn't get premium. That is so stupid

Offline

 

#57 2010-06-14 15:46:43

DemonDeacs
Member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2008-05-25
Posts: 9646
PM  Website

Re: Forum Activity

Did they sign up with a yahoo email?

Or was it just you making a second account to get another player and to get premium?

Last edited by DemonDeacs (2010-06-14 15:47:22)

Offline

 

#58 2010-06-14 15:46:49

SwaggerJ
Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: NJ
Registered: 2008-12-19
Posts: 4208
PM

Re: Forum Activity

Lacey3 wrote:

Wow I reffered myself and then I posted about it here. That is so stupid

Nice job lacey6, I mean lacey3


http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/2007.jpg

8 Rings: CTTF(J) (8, 9, 10, 14, 16) - FE(B) (12) - CRAP(W) (13) - RKBB(B) (15)

Offline

 

#59 2010-06-14 16:12:19

mutigers28
Member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2008-10-24
Posts: 16075
PM

Re: Forum Activity

Nice response SwaggerK, I mean SwaggerJ


2 Championships: Question Mark S14, Candy Trafficking Task Force S14

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/1348.jpg

Offline

 

#60 2010-06-14 16:35:29

SwaggerJ
Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: NJ
Registered: 2008-12-19
Posts: 4208
PM

Re: Forum Activity

mutigers28 wrote:

Nice response SwaggerK, I mean SwaggerJ

Thanks mutigers29


http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/2007.jpg

8 Rings: CTTF(J) (8, 9, 10, 14, 16) - FE(B) (12) - CRAP(W) (13) - RKBB(B) (15)

Offline

 

#61 2010-06-28 13:51:11

HanesOnU
Press Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: OKC
Registered: 2008-06-18
Posts: 5094
PM  Website

Re: Forum Activity

Slightly Hyphy wrote:

Forum activity is down because CR is stale.

Glad to see you still have a positive attitude wink


Radio Show: CR Junkies ---- CR Chat

"baby kiss me through the phone" - BGirl

Offline

 

#62 2010-06-28 14:11:25

peter2oo2
Member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2010-05-11
Posts: 332
PM

Re: Forum Activity

Crap, I brought all of my friends over to another dying game? LOL

Does anyone think a complete reset and algo change would help spice things up? A level playing field + new game learning feel should surely generate some interest from the vets? Just a thought.

Offline

 

#63 2010-06-28 15:48:41

johnshu
Member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2008-09-20
Posts: 2772
PM

Re: Forum Activity

peter2oo2 wrote:

Crap, I brought all of my friends over to another dying game? LOL

Does anyone think a complete reset and algo change would help spice things up? A level playing field + new game learning feel should surely generate some interest from the vets? Just a thought.

Reset my players and that's the same as telling me not to let the door hit me on the way out.  I'm positive I'm not the only one that feels this way.


http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/16050.jpg
Pwnstars - PG Oscar Snapson (2nd Team Bird Season 12, 13) PF Yerma Wildo (Waiting  his for All Defense Invite)
Court Rivals Pride - PG Heartbreak Kid (Serg's slider slut)
Raiders of the Lost Walrus - SF Baron von Bukkit (Changed so Lord Rott would talk to me again)

Offline

 

#64 2010-06-28 16:22:19

mattya802
Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: MA
Registered: 2008-12-22
Posts: 9532
PM

Re: Forum Activity

The game is what you make it.  Still plenty of spice for new players to enjoy it for a while IMO.  All things get old after a while and the upside for new users is they don't know the time when Kaz was active so there's nothing to compare how it is now to.


http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/25106.jpg
Bird - Season 11 Champs!    Obvious troll is obvious, and therefore easy to ignore - <3 MenZ
Classic - Franchise Connection
West - BM (captain), CR Veterans     Total: 5 championships

Offline

 

#65 2010-06-28 16:24:45

bbkaos
Member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2009-03-31
Posts: 6717
PM

Re: Forum Activity

The pissing and moaning from old vets certainly helps improve the morale around here too.


9 Championships (5 Jordan, 3 West, 1 Kareem)

Offline

 

#66 2010-06-28 16:38:42

peter2oo2
Member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2010-05-11
Posts: 332
PM

Re: Forum Activity

johnshu wrote:

peter2oo2 wrote:

Crap, I brought all of my friends over to another dying game? LOL

Does anyone think a complete reset and algo change would help spice things up? A level playing field + new game learning feel should surely generate some interest from the vets? Just a thought.

Reset my players and that's the same as telling me not to let the door hit me on the way out.  I'm positive I'm not the only one that feels this way.

i'm not just saying a complete reset, i'm saying a complete reset AND algo change. Would figuring out a different algo not spark an interest among the vets?

I'm not complaining as a noob. I like the game and slowly learning and building friends here. Its new and refreshing to me. I figured if the Admins made it new and refreshing to vets, it would spark their interest again.

Offline

 

#67 2010-06-28 16:39:13

csc5782
Member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2008-05-08
Posts: 3350
PM

Re: Forum Activity

Wade_ wrote:

whats sad is once the new season starts and we go back to endurance training, all this will be forgotten sad.

another thing i notice is it's a Saturday night, and Saturday nights at or near the end of the season have been notorious for a jump in forum activity.

I remember there actually being a suggestion to always have the season end on a Saturday for nights like this to happen.

I remember suggesting this like a year ago.  make it 7 weeks exactly, 49 days.


http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/211.jpg

T-man: "Remember, that isn't how the game was necessarily played out, but rather, it's how the PBP illustrates it."

Offline

 

#68 2010-06-28 17:14:45

johnshu
Member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2008-09-20
Posts: 2772
PM

Re: Forum Activity

peter2oo2 wrote:

johnshu wrote:

peter2oo2 wrote:

Crap, I brought all of my friends over to another dying game? LOL

Does anyone think a complete reset and algo change would help spice things up? A level playing field + new game learning feel should surely generate some interest from the vets? Just a thought.

Reset my players and that's the same as telling me not to let the door hit me on the way out.  I'm positive I'm not the only one that feels this way.

i'm not just saying a complete reset, i'm saying a complete reset AND algo change. Would figuring out a different algo not spark an interest among the vets?

I'm not complaining as a noob. I like the game and slowly learning and building friends here. Its new and refreshing to me. I figured if the Admins made it new and refreshing to vets, it would spark their interest again.

I hear ya, and it sounds good.  But if the reset means that my players go back to square one, then it effectively negates the almost 2 years of time and money I've put into the site, and that means I'm out.

I'm sure it could drive more traffic, keep newer players, and all that jazz, but it ruins it for me.  There has to be a better, more effective way, but I doubt we'll ever get one. 

Just saying that resetting the players isn't a way to get new people.


http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/16050.jpg
Pwnstars - PG Oscar Snapson (2nd Team Bird Season 12, 13) PF Yerma Wildo (Waiting  his for All Defense Invite)
Court Rivals Pride - PG Heartbreak Kid (Serg's slider slut)
Raiders of the Lost Walrus - SF Baron von Bukkit (Changed so Lord Rott would talk to me again)

Offline

 

#69 2010-06-28 21:16:23

atw0001
The Game Happens Here
Accomplishments: 0
From: Australia
Registered: 2008-06-15
Posts: 2162
PM

Re: Forum Activity

double chems and 2 games a day would help smile


Offline

 

#70 2010-06-29 02:44:39

tmoney20
Member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2008-07-23
Posts: 2099
PM

Re: Forum Activity

I've suggested this before and will again.  I think the best thing for the site would be to make the leagues somewhat cyclical as that is how the game is already with the 45 day season and rollback.  Bird and Jordan were created in S8, this was great because at that time it offered an opportunity for many up and coming Kareem teams who were at a disadvantage because of rollback an opportunity to compete easier in the Bird league.  It also offered new players a chance to start on an even playing field and vets to essentially start over with the Jordan league.  Obviously the Jordan league has been a huge success in developing interest in the site.  The best setup IMHO would be to continue a cycle of offering a new league by doing so every x amount of seasons, say every 8th season for an example.  Kareem and Bird could be combined to offer more competition and Jordan would be left alone as it's own league while new league Z starting from scratch would be created.  After x amount of seasons Jordan would be combined with Kareem/Bird and the new league Z would continue as its own entity while another new league starting from scratch would be created.

Offline

 

#71 2010-06-29 03:11:26

atw0001
The Game Happens Here
Accomplishments: 0
From: Australia
Registered: 2008-06-15
Posts: 2162
PM

Re: Forum Activity

tmoney20 wrote:

I've suggested this before and will again.  I think the best thing for the site would be to make the leagues somewhat cyclical as that is how the game is already with the 45 day season and rollback.  Bird and Jordan were created in S8, this was great because at that time it offered an opportunity for many up and coming Kareem teams who were at a disadvantage because of rollback an opportunity to compete easier in the Bird league.  It also offered new players a chance to start on an even playing field and vets to essentially start over with the Jordan league.  Obviously the Jordan league has been a huge success in developing interest in the site.  The best setup IMHO would be to continue a cycle of offering a new league by doing so every x amount of seasons, say every 8th season for an example.  Kareem and Bird could be combined to offer more competition and Jordan would be left alone as it's own league while new league Z starting from scratch would be created.  After x amount of seasons Jordan would be combined with Kareem/Bird and the new league Z would continue as its own entity while another new league starting from scratch would be created.

Once a Jordan player has 2 seasons of full roll back, they are then "too big" for Jordan then move on to Kareem/Bird, which IMO should be 1 league again.

I think combining Kareem and Bird isn't a step backwards, but a big step forwards as the competition is much needed and the depth is needed past the top dozen teams...


Offline

 

#72 2010-06-29 11:42:33

Man_Dawg
Member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2008-05-11
Posts: 28
PM

Re: Forum Activity

A full reset + new sim? Sounds pretty good to me. Yes I would lose skill points but as long as I keep my careeer stas and everything I don't care. This way people won't have to gym rat to be competitive, at least not right away. Everything will be new, like when I first got here.

And I  am all for a new sim, assuming that's what peter2oo2 meant by algo. I don't like this one much tbqh.

Offline

 

#73 2010-06-29 14:05:00

kr1shna
Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: Germany
Registered: 2009-05-05
Posts: 1529
PM

Re: Forum Activity

Man_Dawg wrote:

A full reset + new sim? Sounds pretty good to me. Yes I would lose skill points but as long as I keep my careeer stas and everything I don't care. This way people won't have to gym rat to be competitive, at least not right away. Everything will be new, like when I first got here.

And I  am all for a new sim, assuming that's what peter2oo2 meant by algo. I don't like this one much tbqh.

what is it you dont like about this sim? just curious...


http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/29518.jpg
PG Keyboard Cat - MAC

Offline

 

#74 2010-06-30 09:29:27

Synergy
Member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2009-06-09
Posts: 570
PM

Re: Forum Activity

The Kareem & Bird leagues merging seems like a no brainer.

I would also like to see a clash of champions. The champions from different leagues play each other on the final day, for best league boasting rights...would be fun?

Jordan for now is going strong with probably our most competitive season.

Offline

 

#75 2010-06-30 11:26:21

eamz
Member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2009-02-23
Posts: 503
PM

Re: Forum Activity

Synergy wrote:

The Kareem & Bird leagues merging seems like a no brainer.

I don't see it this way tbh.  Kareem & Bird would both be very successful and have much more depth if players in Jordan were forced to leave after X seasons (most likely after full rollback) - basically leaving Jordan for new players to come in and enjoy the game.

If you send 10 teams from Jordan to Bird and 10 teams to Kareem now you are looking at 15-20 teams with a legit shot at winning it all with another 20 or so that could cause some havoc.  Right now, Jordan is the deepest league, so 20 teams moving is in my opinion a conservative number.

Now this all relies on the PC cost to be the same between the three leagues.  If that doesn't change, Bird and Kareem will definitely need to be merged to have a respectable number of legit teams.


“Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak.”

Offline

 

Board footer

Powered by PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2005 Rickard Andersson