Court Rivals Forums

An open forum to discuss issues related to Court Rivals!

You are not logged in.

#76 2010-06-30 17:44:09

malice
In Wonderland
Accomplishments: 0
PM  Website

Re: Forum Activity

eamz wrote:

Synergy wrote:

The Kareem & Bird leagues merging seems like a no brainer.

I don't see it this way tbh.  Kareem & Bird would both be very successful and have much more depth if players in Jordan were forced to leave after X seasons (most likely after full rollback) - basically leaving Jordan for new players to come in and enjoy the game.

If you send 10 teams from Jordan to Bird and 10 teams to Kareem now you are looking at 15-20 teams with a legit shot at winning it all with another 20 or so that could cause some havoc.  Right now, Jordan is the deepest league, so 20 teams moving is in my opinion a conservative number.

Now this all relies on the PC cost to be the same between the three leagues.  If that doesn't change, Bird and Kareem will definitely need to be merged to have a respectable number of legit teams.

So... to save the two leagues that are not working so well, you'd hit the league that has the most activity.  Seems a bit counterintuitive to me.

Causticly Rude Arkham Psychos - S13 Champions
Blaze Armada - S30 Champions

#77 2010-07-01 13:55:30

eamz
PM

malice wrote:

So... to save the two leagues that are not working so well, you'd hit the league that has the most activity.  Seems a bit counterintuitive to me.

No definitely not.  I'm looking at what's making Jordan so successful and that's the reduced cost to have a secondary player.  The reason why Bird/Kareem are lacking depth is because it makes more sense to have a secondary player in Jordan.  If you apply that promotion to the other leagues, now the only choice isn't Jordan.

“Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak.”

#78 2010-07-01 14:44:14

kr1shna
PM

I for one - and i am certain I am not the only one - have only one player and that player is in Jordan. I think Jordan has developed a great history with great teams and captains and I wouldnt even think about moving away from Jordan at this point. So I would not like a notion that eliminates Jordan.

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/29518.jpg
PG Keyboard Cat - MAC

#79 2010-07-01 18:56:50

Wade_
PM

malice wrote:

eamz wrote:

Synergy wrote:

The Kareem & Bird leagues merging seems like a no brainer.

I don't see it this way tbh.  Kareem & Bird would both be very successful and have much more depth if players in Jordan were forced to leave after X seasons (most likely after full rollback) - basically leaving Jordan for new players to come in and enjoy the game.

If you send 10 teams from Jordan to Bird and 10 teams to Kareem now you are looking at 15-20 teams with a legit shot at winning it all with another 20 or so that could cause some havoc.  Right now, Jordan is the deepest league, so 20 teams moving is in my opinion a conservative number.

Now this all relies on the PC cost to be the same between the three leagues.  If that doesn't change, Bird and Kareem will definitely need to be merged to have a respectable number of legit teams.

so its fair to let all the people in Kareem/Bird without multiple players to be stuck with an abandoned/ghost town league? Sounds like kazz is screwing those people over so he can make more money.(forcing them to buy pc's to get a player in Jordan).

Tylers All Stars returns...
http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/1200.jpg

#80 2010-07-01 19:09:24

bbkaos
PM

You should work for a tabloid.

9 Championships (5 Jordan, 3 West, 1 Kareem)

#81 2010-07-01 19:30:23

malice
In Wonderland
PM  Website

eamz wrote:

malice wrote:

No definitely not.  I'm looking at what's making Jordan so successful and that's the reduced cost to have a secondary player.  The reason why Bird/Kareem are lacking depth is because it makes more sense to have a secondary player in Jordan.  If you apply that promotion to the other leagues, now the only choice isn't Jordan.

But that's not what you said.  At least, not all of what you said.  You suggested taking teams/players/users OUT of Jordan, which would be inane.

Wade_ wrote:

so its fair to let all the people in Kareem/Bird without multiple players to be stuck with an abandoned/ghost town league? Sounds like kazz is screwing those people over so he can make more money.(forcing them to buy pc's to get a player in Jordan).

I commented on the cost.  You are more than welcome to take part in that same league, at the same cost, as anyone else on the site is.
I did take issue with eamz's suggestion to force a change on Jordan, when it's Kareem/Bird that are experiencing problems.
I said nothing on applying the same deal to a combined Kareem/Bird.  I have no problem with that... but to jackboot massive changes on the most successful league in CR?  That would be completely wrong-headed.

Last edited by malice (2010-07-01 19:32:25)

Causticly Rude Arkham Psychos - S13 Champions
Blaze Armada - S30 Champions

Board footer