Court Rivals Forums

An open forum to discuss issues related to Court Rivals!

You are not logged in.

#26 2011-03-16 23:34:48

grudz_21
Accomplishments: 0
PM

Re: Season 24 West League Rules aka Total Chaos

I am loving the West League already smile

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/35268.jpg
James Harden- Dribbling Seamen
Alocohol-Fueled Injun- Always Forever
Dig Bick- weSAK

#27 2011-03-16 23:51:46

Urbanstien
The People's Mod
PM

I think everyone is drinking the Kool aid. I'm a firm believer in "when I see it i'll believe it"

Still getting High after all these years.....
Weed and OJ has kept me going for years
W&W is the way I roll, (Women & Weed)
http://www.freesportsbet.com/urb420.html

#28 2011-03-17 15:28:31

TheKaz
Creator / Lead Developer
PM  Website

Urbanstien wrote:

I think everyone is drinking the Kool aid. I'm a firm believer in "when I see it i'll believe it"

Spent the better part of today rewriting some stuff.  I'll hopefully have something posted (even if it's partial) by the end of today.

http://www.toplessrobot.com/Kool-AidMan.jpg

#29 2011-03-17 15:31:39

awsome
PM  Website

+1

Clan McDuck S27 Champions

#30 2011-03-17 16:29:59

Urbanstien
The People's Mod
PM

OK Kaz we'll see. and I like purple Kool-aid

#31 2011-03-17 16:33:18

awsome
PM  Website

me too their grape is sensational if there were jugs up koolaid all diferent colors i would take the purple

#32 2011-03-17 16:34:44

csc5782
PM

Jolt?

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/211.jpg

T-man: "Remember, that isn't how the game was necessarily played out, but rather, it's how the PBP illustrates it."

#33 2011-03-17 16:36:06

awsome
PM  Website

Remember, that isn't how the game was necessarily played out, but rather, it's how the PBP illustrates it.

#34 2011-03-17 16:57:25

TheKaz
Creator / Lead Developer
PM  Website

Updated the original post.  There will be more to come before the first set of games tomorrow smile

#35 2011-03-17 17:13:11

Tore a Bore a
PM

TheKaz wrote:

* Each attribute point is worth more than the prior (aka attribute strength now scales exponentially in the sim and not linearly).  Even though you're training from 202-203 Shooting, that one point is worth more than training from 30-31 shooting.

Wouldn't this just mean the best strategy is to max out one attribute?

Crunch Time Adonal Foil       What's Up Dog Captain High Hopes Sir Quackly
Cunning Stunts Jono Starsmore          Victory Road   Jimmy Woo
Clan McDuck FormerCaptain Scrooge, Drax, A Piece of Art Fluffy McDuck               
http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/18681.jpg

#36 2011-03-17 18:54:10

Urbanstien
The People's Mod
PM

and team leader in role player "something temporary and mysterious"? how temporeay? 1 game then you get something else mysterious or 1 time a season and the mystery is why did I ever put a skill point into it. and if I use it one day then take it out and reuse it 3 days from then will i get something else temporary and mysterious? why like a little clarity on this.

#37 2011-03-17 18:59:07

bheilman
PM

Urbanstien wrote:

and team leader in role player "something temporary and mysterious"? how temporeay? 1 game then you get something else mysterious or 1 time a season and the mystery is why did I ever put a skill point into it. and if I use it one day then take it out and reuse it 3 days from then will i get something else temporary and mysterious? why like a little clarity on this.

my guess is temporary and mysterious means he doesnt know what to do with it yet, but knows noone will get that many skill points for another week or two while he figures it out

#38 2011-03-17 19:34:38

Deathstar 80
PM

I read over all of the original post, and I'm a little confused about something. About the coaching sliders controlling player's actions instead of sim value, how will that work on the "Take Chances on Defense/Play Conservative Defense" coaching slider? For example, let's say that I train lots of defense and slide toward "Take Chances on Defense". Obviously, I should get more steals than usual. However, what happens if I slide toward "Play Conservative Defense"? How will that work exactly? What benefits does that bring to the team? Since it no longer counts for leadership sim value, what would be the purpose of sliding into "Play Conservative Defense"?

And I personally would agree along with everyone else that the other ideas are great. I was just a little confused about this idea and how it would work. But I probably just missed something... And in that case, I just embarrassed myself. sad

Last edited by Deathstar 80 (2011-03-17 19:38:20)

John 14:5-6

Are you a rookie here on Court Rivals? Read the following link to learn more about Court Rivals: Court Rivals Wikipedia

#39 2011-03-17 20:16:31

bheilman
PM

Deathstar 80 wrote:

I read over all of the original post, and I'm a little confused about something. About the coaching sliders controlling player's actions instead of sim value, how will that work on the "Take Chances on Defense/Play Conservative Defense" coaching slider? For example, let's say that I train lots of defense and slide toward "Take Chances on Defense". Obviously, I should get more steals than usual. However, what happens if I slide toward "Play Conservative Defense"? How will that work exactly? What benefits does that bring to the team? Since it no longer counts for leadership sim value, what would be the purpose of sliding into "Play Conservative Defense"?

And I personally would agree along with everyone else that the other ideas are great. I was just a little confused about this idea and how it would work. But I probably just missed something... And in that case, I just embarrassed myself. sad

You just embarassed yourself, seeing as how that was the exact example he used.

TheKaz wrote:

Playing conservative on defense, however, makes you more likely to draw offensive fouls because you're in better position.  These are the scenarios I wish coaching sliders to effect.

Last edited by bheilman (2011-03-17 20:17:14)

#40 2011-03-17 20:18:04

Urbanstien
The People's Mod
PM

bheilman wrote:

Urbanstien wrote:

my guess is temporary and mysterious means he doesnt know what to do with it yet, but knows noone will get that many skill points for another week or two while he figures it out

ahhh, well played

#41 2011-03-17 21:47:45

TheKaz
Creator / Lead Developer
PM  Website

Yeah.  Things are fluid.  For the West league (only), you'll be able to reset your skills at any time.  I'm trying to get feedback on stuff that doesn't jump off the page at me.

I expect some scores of 200-8 at some point (maybe!).  I'm rewriting a lot of stuff. 

I'm actually most excited about the "feedback" feature that shows you when certain skills have worked.  This should help me (and others) evaluate what skills are doing good stuff and what skills are doing jack.

#42 2011-03-17 22:26:51

Deathstar 80
PM

bheilman wrote:

Deathstar 80 wrote:

You just embarassed yourself, seeing as how that was the exact example he used.

TheKaz wrote:

Playing conservative on defense, however, makes you more likely to draw offensive fouls because you're in better position.  These are the scenarios I wish coaching sliders to effect.

Thanks, but I'm still confused about something. I guess I'm a little confused with what Kaz means. When he says "Making coaching sliders not alter attribute values but just alter in game behavior", does he include sim value as "attribute values"? If he does, that means coaching sliders wouldn't change sim value, which I think is what they were made for. Therefore, I don't think coaching sliders would have a purpose in strategy for the team. Coaching sliders would change in-game behavior but it wouldn't change the sim value, which means there's less strategy. The purpose of coaching sliders is to adjust sim value and make your opponent guess what attributes you have the most sim value in.

Are you a rookie here on Court Rivals? Read the following link to learn more about Court Rivals: Court Rivals Wikipedia

#43 2011-03-17 22:43:19

TheKaz
Creator / Lead Developer
PM  Website

Deathstar 80 wrote:

Thanks, but I'm still confused about something. I guess I'm a little confused with what Kaz means. When he says "Making coaching sliders not alter attribute values but just alter in game behavior", does he include sim value as "attribute values"? If he does, that means coaching sliders wouldn't change sim value, which I think is what they were made for. Therefore, I don't think coaching sliders would have a purpose in strategy for the team. Coaching sliders would change in-game behavior but it wouldn't change the sim value, which means there's less strategy. The purpose of coaching sliders is to adjust sim value and make your opponent guess what attributes you have the most sim value in.

A lot of what you know about the sim is changing (in the West league) ...  Obviously I'm not going to dump a half finished product on the other leagues.  The goal is to spend a good chunk of time testing this, seeing how it goes, and rolling it out if it's well received.  If it takes more than 1 season to get there then I'll work on this over 2 seasons (in the West league).

Come to think of it, the Triple Threat/Fundamentals/Total Coverage type skills could realistically recapture the behavior of the old coaching sliders.

I regret coaching sliders in many ways because I think their implementation is confusing and not intuitive to users.

Keep in mind I can always scrap things if things go way south.  It is testing, after all.

#44 2011-03-17 22:55:22

cking
PM

TheKaz wrote:

Deathstar 80 wrote:

A lot of what you know about the sim is changing (in the West league) ...  Obviously I'm not going to dump a half finished product on the other leagues.  The goal is to spend a good chunk of time testing this, seeing how it goes, and rolling it out if it's well received.  If it takes more than 1 season to get there then I'll work on this over 2 seasons (in the West league).

Come to think of it, the Triple Threat/Fundamentals/Total Coverage type skills could realistically recapture the behavior of the old coaching sliders.

I regret coaching sliders in many ways because I think their implementation is confusing and not intuitive to users.

Keep in mind I can always scrap things if things go way south.  It is testing, after all.

I must agree with that slider comment it took me a while on it...

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/27591.jpg

Jordan Champions S25,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,40,41,42 TGP. Classic Champions S33,S34,S36 A Piece of Art S37,S41 Public Enemies S51,S53,S54,S55,S56,S59,S60,S61 PATS S64,S65,S70,S73,74,75,76,77,80,81,82,83,85,86,87,88,89 THU, West Champions S54,S58,S59,83 CR VETS

#45 2011-03-17 23:12:39

joyfulchicken
PM  Website

I like all the changes so far. The game is now a lot cleaner and less daunting to newbies. Good job.

TheKaz wrote:

* Each attribute point is worth more than the prior (aka attribute strength now scales exponentially in the sim and not linearly).  Even though you're training from 202-203 Shooting, that one point is worth more than training from 30-31 shooting.

Are you going to reveal what the value of the exponent is, or is it going to be a secret?

Also, can you tell us what the other sliders do?

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/4927.jpg

#46 2011-03-17 23:15:46

TheKaz
Creator / Lead Developer
PM  Website

joyfulchicken wrote:

I like all the changes so far. The game is now a lot cleaner and less daunting to newbies. Good job.

TheKaz wrote:

Are you going to reveal what the value of the exponent is, or is it going to be a secret?

Yeah once they're fully implemented!  lol

There's unfinished business tomorrow.

#47 2011-03-17 23:21:23

Deathstar 80
PM

TheKaz wrote:

Deathstar 80 wrote:

This makes sense. Thanks Kaz. smile

#48 2011-03-18 00:04:45

joyfulchicken
PM  Website

TheKaz wrote:

joyfulchicken wrote:

TheKaz wrote:

Yeah once they're fully implemented!  lol

There's unfinished business tomorrow.

That's great. Thanks.

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/4927.jpg

#49 2011-03-18 00:15:02

TroyzBallerz
PM

TCs didnt reload to 20+ at reset.

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/3918.jpg

#50 2011-03-18 01:47:26

South01
PM

awesome news!

Air Time , Sth Div Champs Seas 2 .Season Three Champions,Seas4Runners up. (Classic)
The Tanks Season 13 Champs (Classic) Force B Beastin U , Extra Westerners Season 29 Champs (west)
Even Money (West) Champs Season 17_HB AssassinsX Season 26 Champs (Jordan) Uber Achtung s55,56,57 Champs
http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/3716.jpg

Board footer