Court Rivals Forums

An open forum to discuss issues related to Court Rivals!

You are not logged in.

#26 2012-11-18 19:15:27

MenZ
Saturn Ascends
Accomplishments: 0
From: Raleigh
Registered: 2009-02-02
Posts: 10436
PM

Re: Season 37 Predictions

Team Nucleus wrote:

If that was true we wouldn't have to play it wink

Gotta give the teams that are playing for the playoffs time to train, and also give all teams the chance to get those extra perk points. THOSE are the part of regular season that matters, and any serious team knows it and is playing for those and not the win.


Evil Empire
First Team - Season 30, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 38, 41 | Second Team - Season 31, 34, 37, 38, 40, 41
DPoY - Season 34 | All Defense - Season 29, 30, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 41 | Playoff MVP - Season 39
Champion - Season 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 38 - TGP | Season 35 - We Hunt for Naked Girls | Season 37 - Public Enemies | Season 38, 39 - High Hopes

Offline

 

#27 2012-11-20 08:35:13

Team Nucleus
Press Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: New Bedford,MA
Registered: 2009-05-05
Posts: 6593
PM  Website

Re: Season 37 Predictions

Citi wrote:

Team Nucleus wrote:

If that was true we wouldn't have to play it wink

Gotta give the teams that are playing for the playoffs time to train, and also give all teams the chance to get those extra perk points. THOSE are the part of regular season that matters, and any serious team knows it and is playing for those and not the win.

So the regular season does matter after all wink


Offline

 

#28 2012-11-20 09:42:39

jrwafu
Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: Bilatatngal Boto Lami City
Registered: 2009-08-07
Posts: 9678
PM  Website

Re: Season 37 Predictions

but winning is not the priority.


http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/30330.jpg
Public Enemies s37,41 champs 2rings | A Piece Of Art S33,34,36,40 champs 4rings
The Great Pretenders S25,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,40,41,42 champs 12rings

Offline

 

#29 2012-11-20 10:08:58

MenZ
Saturn Ascends
Accomplishments: 0
From: Raleigh
Registered: 2009-02-02
Posts: 10436
PM

Re: Season 37 Predictions

Team Nucleus wrote:

So the regular season does matter after all wink

jrwafu wrote:

but winning is not the priority.

This is what I meant and you know it, douche. In fact, only once in the past 5 seasons in Classic has the team that "won" the regular season won the playoffs. Twice in Jordan.


Evil Empire
First Team - Season 30, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 38, 41 | Second Team - Season 31, 34, 37, 38, 40, 41
DPoY - Season 34 | All Defense - Season 29, 30, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 41 | Playoff MVP - Season 39
Champion - Season 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 38 - TGP | Season 35 - We Hunt for Naked Girls | Season 37 - Public Enemies | Season 38, 39 - High Hopes

Offline

 

#30 2012-11-20 13:25:10

Team Nucleus
Press Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: New Bedford,MA
Registered: 2009-05-05
Posts: 6593
PM  Website

Re: Season 37 Predictions

Citi wrote:

Team Nucleus wrote:

So the regular season does matter after all wink

jrwafu wrote:

but winning is not the priority.

This is what I meant and you know it, douche. In fact, only once in the past 5 seasons in Classic has the team that "won" the regular season won the playoffs. Twice in Jordan.

Douche? Your just upset I didn't mention your team as a final 4 team.Thanks for the compliment tongue


Offline

 

#31 2012-11-20 14:05:28

MenZ
Saturn Ascends
Accomplishments: 0
From: Raleigh
Registered: 2009-02-02
Posts: 10436
PM

Re: Season 37 Predictions

I've won 6 championships in 5 the last seasons. I couldn't care less about your predictions.

Also, "you're".


Evil Empire
First Team - Season 30, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 38, 41 | Second Team - Season 31, 34, 37, 38, 40, 41
DPoY - Season 34 | All Defense - Season 29, 30, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 41 | Playoff MVP - Season 39
Champion - Season 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 38 - TGP | Season 35 - We Hunt for Naked Girls | Season 37 - Public Enemies | Season 38, 39 - High Hopes

Offline

 

#32 2012-11-20 16:55:08

Codpiece
Member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2011-11-12
Posts: 3281
PM

Re: Season 37 Predictions

Team Nucleus wrote:

Citi wrote:

Team Nucleus wrote:

So the regular season does matter after all wink

jrwafu wrote:

but winning is not the priority.

This is what I meant and you know it, douche. In fact, only once in the past 5 seasons in Classic has the team that "won" the regular season won the playoffs. Twice in Jordan.

Douche? Your just upset I didn't mention your team as a final 4 team.Thanks for the compliment tongue

Bro, Citi is one of the best owners in this game.  He will be on a championship team each season....somehow, some way. And will probably flirt with a MVP as well. Oh, and looking good for a DPOY, too.

Last edited by Codpiece (2012-11-20 16:55:44)


Sunshine Swing

Offline

 

#33 2012-11-21 09:29:27

Team Nucleus
Press Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: New Bedford,MA
Registered: 2009-05-05
Posts: 6593
PM  Website

Re: Season 37 Predictions

Citi wrote:

I've won 6 championships in 5 the last seasons. I couldn't care less about your predictions.

Also, "you're".

If you didn't care you wouldn't be posting in this thread.At least I wouldn't if I had 0 cares about it tongue
Why you got offended and called me a douche for no reason is a whole other issue.
I suggest anger management big_smile


Offline

 

#34 2012-11-21 09:29:57

Team Nucleus
Press Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: New Bedford,MA
Registered: 2009-05-05
Posts: 6593
PM  Website

Re: Season 37 Predictions

Codpiece wrote:

Team Nucleus wrote:

Citi wrote:

Team Nucleus wrote:

So the regular season does matter after all wink

This is what I meant and you know it, douche. In fact, only once in the past 5 seasons in Classic has the team that "won" the regular season won the playoffs. Twice in Jordan.

Douche? Your just upset I didn't mention your team as a final 4 team.Thanks for the compliment tongue

Bro, Citi is one of the best owners in this game.  He will be on a championship team each season....somehow, some way. And will probably flirt with a MVP as well. Oh, and looking good for a DPOY, too.

Good for Citi and wish him luck but by getting called a douche by him,hes lost all respect from me. wink


Offline

 

#35 2012-11-21 09:35:03

jrwafu
Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: Bilatatngal Boto Lami City
Registered: 2009-08-07
Posts: 9678
PM  Website

Re: Season 37 Predictions

i think winning and getting perks are important -- equal.

playoff bracketing is important for me, getting a high rank is necessary to avoid early serious games in the playoffs.

but if u are sure that ur team can take any team in the playoffs, then winning is not necessary as long as u can reach ur team goals.


http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/30330.jpg
Public Enemies s37,41 champs 2rings | A Piece Of Art S33,34,36,40 champs 4rings
The Great Pretenders S25,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,40,41,42 champs 12rings

Offline

 

#36 2012-11-21 10:20:29

MenZ
Saturn Ascends
Accomplishments: 0
From: Raleigh
Registered: 2009-02-02
Posts: 10436
PM

Re: Season 37 Predictions

Team Nucleus wrote:

If you didn't care you wouldn't be posting in this thread.At least I wouldn't if I had 0 cares about it tongue
Why you got offended and called me a douche for no reason is a whole other issue.
I suggest anger management big_smile

I care in the sense that I see you're making an attempt (albeit maybe a bit of an uneducated one. Remember 2 weeks ago when I had to explain to you what Jordan ratting was?) to make the game interesting by putting out predictions, an attempt which I can appreciate. At the onset, I offered a simple opinion that I disagreed with your final 4 picks. You have your opinion about who the best 4 teams will be, I have mine. It is our right to have our own opinion that differs from each other. But if you think I'm losing sleep because you didn't pick one of my teams, you're sorely mistaken.

A couple days ago, when you said your prediction was "looking good", you came off as trying to stroke your own ego and say "hey guys look how smart I am!" I simply pointed out that regular season record doesn't mean anything, and traditionally over the past 5 seasons having the #1 record was actually statistically a detriment. It was at this point that you decided to nitpick at and twist my words, being intentionally annoying and in my opinion acting like a child and a douche. So I called you a douche. Because you were acting like one. It was not for no reason.

Team Nucleus wrote:

Good for Citi and wish him luck but by getting called a douche by him,hes lost all respect from me. wink

OH NO HOW WILL I EVER SURVIVE?!?!11/!?1

Look pal, you're a random, anonymous face behind a computer screen on the other side of the world, taking part in an online text-based basketball simulation. This is something we all do for fun, and if what happens in this game or on these message boards actually matter to you, then you need to look at realigning your priorities.

Last edited by Citi (2012-11-21 11:11:17)


Evil Empire
First Team - Season 30, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 38, 41 | Second Team - Season 31, 34, 37, 38, 40, 41
DPoY - Season 34 | All Defense - Season 29, 30, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 41 | Playoff MVP - Season 39
Champion - Season 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 38 - TGP | Season 35 - We Hunt for Naked Girls | Season 37 - Public Enemies | Season 38, 39 - High Hopes

Offline

 

#37 2012-11-21 11:10:55

Codpiece
Member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2011-11-12
Posts: 3281
PM

Re: Season 37 Predictions

jrwafu wrote:

i think winning and getting perks are important -- equal.

playoff bracketing is important for me, getting a high rank is necessary to avoid early serious games in the playoffs.

but if u are sure that ur team can take any team in the playoffs, then winning is not necessary as long as u can reach ur team goals.

As long as I am not in RGM's bracket.......wink

Or yours!


Sunshine Swing

Offline

 

#38 2012-11-21 12:01:28

tosweet68
World War I Flying Ace
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2008-06-11
Posts: 8033
PM

Re: Season 37 Predictions

jrwafu wrote:

i think winning and getting perks are important -- equal.

playoff bracketing is important for me, getting a high rank is necessary to avoid early serious games in the playoffs.

but if u are sure that ur team can take any team in the playoffs, then winning is not necessary as long as u can reach ur team goals.

This smile


West Champions Angry Robots Attack - Season 24, 26  We Hunt For Naked Girls Season 35
RGM Mavs - Playoffs Seasons 2-38 Sweet 16 - Seasons 3, 7, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 16, 18, 21, 27, 31, 35, 38 Elite 8 - Seasons 8, 15, 17, 20, 24, 25, 29, 30 Final 4 - Seasons 6, 28, 32, 33, 34 Championship Runner-Up - Season 5, 36, 37

Offline

 

#39 2012-11-21 20:57:33

Team Nucleus
Press Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: New Bedford,MA
Registered: 2009-05-05
Posts: 6593
PM  Website

Re: Season 37 Predictions

Citi wrote:

Team Nucleus wrote:

If you didn't care you wouldn't be posting in this thread.At least I wouldn't if I had 0 cares about it tongue
Why you got offended and called me a douche for no reason is a whole other issue.
I suggest anger management big_smile

I care in the sense that I see you're making an attempt (albeit maybe a bit of an uneducated one. Remember 2 weeks ago when I had to explain to you what Jordan ratting was?) to make the game interesting by putting out predictions, an attempt which I can appreciate. At the onset, I offered a simple opinion that I disagreed with your final 4 picks. You have your opinion about who the best 4 teams will be, I have mine. It is our right to have our own opinion that differs from each other. But if you think I'm losing sleep because you didn't pick one of my teams, you're sorely mistaken.

A couple days ago, when you said your prediction was "looking good", you came off as trying to stroke your own ego and say "hey guys look how smart I am!" I simply pointed out that regular season record doesn't mean anything, and traditionally over the past 5 seasons having the #1 record was actually statistically a detriment. It was at this point that you decided to nitpick at and twist my words, being intentionally annoying and in my opinion acting like a child and a douche. So I called you a douche. Because you were acting like one. It was not for no reason.

Team Nucleus wrote:

Good for Citi and wish him luck but by getting called a douche by him,hes lost all respect from me. wink

OH NO HOW WILL I EVER SURVIVE?!?!11/!?1

Look pal, you're a random, anonymous face behind a computer screen on the other side of the world, taking part in an online text-based basketball simulation. This is something we all do for fun, and if what happens in this game or on these message boards actually matter to you, then you need to look at realigning your priorities.

Sorry that I caused you to waste so much effort in replying to my posts.Get in the final 4 and we'll call it even big_smile


Offline

 

#40 2012-11-21 21:20:30

MenZ
Saturn Ascends
Accomplishments: 0
From: Raleigh
Registered: 2009-02-02
Posts: 10436
PM

Re: Season 37 Predictions

Very little effort required actually. Merely a few minutes of my time before I went to work.


Evil Empire
First Team - Season 30, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 38, 41 | Second Team - Season 31, 34, 37, 38, 40, 41
DPoY - Season 34 | All Defense - Season 29, 30, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 41 | Playoff MVP - Season 39
Champion - Season 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 38 - TGP | Season 35 - We Hunt for Naked Girls | Season 37 - Public Enemies | Season 38, 39 - High Hopes

Offline

 

#41 2012-11-21 21:27:35

Team Nucleus
Press Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: New Bedford,MA
Registered: 2009-05-05
Posts: 6593
PM  Website

Re: Season 37 Predictions

Citi wrote:

Very little effort required actually. Merely a few minutes of my time before I went to work.

I feel so special now.
BTW Beware of the UNBA Globetrotters.
That have a date with your teams in the near future http://emoticons4u.com/crazy/431.gif


Offline

 

#42 2012-11-21 21:57:48

MenZ
Saturn Ascends
Accomplishments: 0
From: Raleigh
Registered: 2009-02-02
Posts: 10436
PM

Re: Season 37 Predictions

I don't swing that way. Appreciate the offer though.


Evil Empire
First Team - Season 30, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 38, 41 | Second Team - Season 31, 34, 37, 38, 40, 41
DPoY - Season 34 | All Defense - Season 29, 30, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 41 | Playoff MVP - Season 39
Champion - Season 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 38 - TGP | Season 35 - We Hunt for Naked Girls | Season 37 - Public Enemies | Season 38, 39 - High Hopes

Offline

 

#43 2012-11-21 22:01:53

cking
Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: Phoenix
Registered: 2009-01-26
Posts: 5828
PM

Re: Season 37 Predictions

Team Nucleus wrote:

Citi wrote:

Very little effort required actually. Merely a few minutes of my time before I went to work.

I feel so special now.
BTW Beware of the UNBA Globetrotters.
That have a date with your teams in the near future http://emoticons4u.com/crazy/431.gif

You have alot of brushing up to do first TN...lot of changes since you been around ...and GL to UNBA.

Last edited by cking (2012-11-22 13:17:21)


http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/27591.jpg

Jordan Champions S25,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,40,41,42 TGP. Classic Champions S33,S34,S36 A Piece of Art S37,S41 Public Enemies S51,S53,S54,S55,S56,S59,S60,S61 PATS S64,S65,S70,S73,74,75,76,77,80,81,82,83,85,86,87,88,89 THU, West Champions S54,S58,S59,83 CR VETS

Offline

 

#44 2012-11-23 08:08:55

crothers
Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: victoria
Registered: 2008-08-19
Posts: 5319
PM

Re: Season 37 Predictions

High Hopes for top 8, maybe better,
but i like the RGM Mavs, started alrite and look to be right up there....
also like PE(love the swat shot machine big_smile ), DFC and Firestorm for the remaining spots in final 4 (hopefully High Hopes, poor pun not intended, though i don't feel it, maybe i'm wrong have been out of the game sometime)

Offline

 

#45 2012-11-29 15:18:07

Team Nucleus
Press Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: New Bedford,MA
Registered: 2009-05-05
Posts: 6593
PM  Website

Offline

 

#46 2012-12-05 11:25:24

Team Nucleus
Press Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: New Bedford,MA
Registered: 2009-05-05
Posts: 6593
PM  Website

Re: Season 37 Predictions

OP updated with MVP Prediction.
Pats let me down with my final 4 prediction sad

Last edited by Team Nucleus (2012-12-05 11:26:39)


Offline

 

#47 2012-12-07 01:39:02

Team Nucleus
Press Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: New Bedford,MA
Registered: 2009-05-05
Posts: 6593
PM  Website

Re: Season 37 Predictions

Citi wrote:

Going to have to disagree with the champion pick.

Citi wrote:

jrwafu wrote:

what team is ur pick then citi?

@tn can we know ur reason why u pick rgm?

DFC

My pick is looking mighty good but I have to disagree with you. DFC is far from a championship bid wink

Last edited by Team Nucleus (2012-12-07 12:39:43)


Offline

 

#48 2012-12-07 02:06:48

MenZ
Saturn Ascends
Accomplishments: 0
From: Raleigh
Registered: 2009-02-02
Posts: 10436
PM

Re: Season 37 Predictions

DFC has been trying to stay in B. On purpose.

smile


Evil Empire
First Team - Season 30, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 38, 41 | Second Team - Season 31, 34, 37, 38, 40, 41
DPoY - Season 34 | All Defense - Season 29, 30, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 41 | Playoff MVP - Season 39
Champion - Season 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 38 - TGP | Season 35 - We Hunt for Naked Girls | Season 37 - Public Enemies | Season 38, 39 - High Hopes

Offline

 

#49 2012-12-07 12:38:35

Team Nucleus
Press Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: New Bedford,MA
Registered: 2009-05-05
Posts: 6593
PM  Website

Re: Season 37 Predictions

Citi wrote:

DFC has been trying to stay in B. On purpose.

smile

You picked them not me tongue


Offline

 

#50 2012-12-07 12:56:03

MenZ
Saturn Ascends
Accomplishments: 0
From: Raleigh
Registered: 2009-02-02
Posts: 10436
PM

Re: Season 37 Predictions

Team Nucleus wrote:

Citi wrote:

DFC has been trying to stay in B. On purpose.

smile

You picked them not me tongue

Not really sure how that post relates to what I said, but sure.

Though to be honest, we've struggled a lot more getting perks than I anticipated. We might not get to where we need hmm


Evil Empire
First Team - Season 30, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 38, 41 | Second Team - Season 31, 34, 37, 38, 40, 41
DPoY - Season 34 | All Defense - Season 29, 30, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 41 | Playoff MVP - Season 39
Champion - Season 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 38 - TGP | Season 35 - We Hunt for Naked Girls | Season 37 - Public Enemies | Season 38, 39 - High Hopes

Offline

 

Board footer

Powered by PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2005 Rickard Andersson