Court Rivals Forums

An open forum to discuss issues related to Court Rivals!

You are not logged in.

#26 2008-09-30 10:43:59

tks91
Accomplishments: 0
PM

Re: Graphic Play-By-Play Brainstorm Thread

i think we should talk about the home court thing after this has been implemented(hopefully).

As a player of champion league manager i would say this is the best possible thing that can lure you some premium buyers and make the game more popular.

A little suggestion here, other than selecting a certain portion of play, you can also make it possible for a user to watch the highlight of a specific user... premium user of course..

CHAM-PI-NO-SHIP CREW  Kobe Bryant 24

Kobe Bryant:
I'll do whatever it takes to win games, whether it's sitting on a bench waving a towel, handing a cup of water to a teammate, or hitting the game-winning shot.

#27 2008-09-30 15:19:02

24Bryant24
PM

tks91 wrote:

i think we should talk about the home court thing after this has been implemented(hopefully).

As a player of champion league manager i would say this is the best possible thing that can lure you some premium buyers and make the game more popular.

A little suggestion here, other than selecting a certain portion of play, you can also make it possible for a user to watch the highlight of a specific user... premium user of course..

Yeah,
All that customizeable stuff will be after Kazz makes it.

WALLshington

#28 2008-09-30 16:04:32

dabears2334
PM

Doubt this would be possible but it would be cool if when you signed up you also got to create sort of a mii and then that's what was used in the game instead of the dots. I've always dreamed of having a afro tongue

"I ain't afraid of you, I'm just a victim of your fear"- Saul Williams
http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/1968.jpg
"When life throws you a curve, hope it's a hanging one"-dabears
R.I.P. Chris Henry sad

#29 2008-09-30 16:09:41

24Bryant24
PM

dabears2334 wrote:

Doubt this would be possible but it would be cool if when you signed up you also got to create sort of a mii and then that's what was used in the game instead of the dots. I've always dreamed of having a afro tongue

Haha Yeah like a kool Mii/Avatar. Then the Captains can make the colors of jerseys. And then we can have like accesories.

WALLshington

#30 2008-09-30 16:14:58

kriskrosser4
Press Member
PM

24Bryant24 wrote:

dabears2334 wrote:

Haha Yeah like a kool Mii/Avatar. Then the Captains can make the colors of jerseys. And then we can have like accesories.

yeah this would be cool

Team Philippines Basketball 2011-2012
Taylor Swift<3

#31 2008-09-30 16:17:20

I Am Basketball
The UnBanned
PM

24Bryant24 wrote:

dabears2334 wrote:

Well of course I would have to have my monkey's face for this. lol

Proud Member of The Replacements, ROTLW, The Tanks- S13 Champs
Both teams were reasonably balanced and the better team won today
Voted Best Avatar by the people  ~~ RIP supert420, a99tobe, camel, KIMBO, Cundiff, spevin and many...many more.
"We killed Drybones and ate him." - TheKaz  "This thread is as queer as a ten dollar bill." - Kazz

#32 2008-09-30 16:43:00

jaysizzle4603
PM

I'm really loving all of these ideas, but first we should let Kazz focus on the visual court... that'd make so many people get premium... pretty much my whole team haha

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/10899.jpg

#33 2008-09-30 16:49:00

24Bryant24
PM

jaysizzle4603 wrote:

I'm really loving all of these ideas, but first we should let Kazz focus on the visual court... that'd make so many people get premium... pretty much my whole team haha

Yeah forget all that customizing crap that i said n Dabears or Tarheels. Just forget that stuff. make the visual Court. Then you guys can make the Customizing stuff.

WALLshington

#34 2008-09-30 19:56:47

lourd_neo
PM

great idea looking for it in not so distant future

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/11825.jpg
"A team will always appreciate a great individual if he's willing to sacrifice for the group. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

#35 2008-09-30 20:47:04

MyNetsForLife
PM

TheKaz wrote:

Hey wow awesome idea.

I think the biggest concern here is that pulling such an idea off with fluid animation would...

1. Necessitate that there are only a "set" number of plays that can be run. There's no way I can cover *every* possible combination of players moving all over the place.  So most likely you'd see something like 5 possible animations happen when the play reads "jump shot: missed"

2. Player numbers would need to be added to the game.  I think a blue circle that says "3" will mean more to people than a blue circle that says "PG" smile

3. The animation and making the "pretty circles" move- This looks like a job for Flash through and through.  Unfortunately, I'm not fluent in Adobe Flash, but if anyone has any experience writing semi-complex Flash apps like the one OctaneHugo has elegantly laid out, then by all means contact me.  Otherwise the learning curve may make this more of a long term project.

I tried figuring out what GLB used for their replay, and all indications point to "It's not Lupus". I wonder what they built it in...

Pat led the passing with 7 assists, and his usual steady defensive play held the opposing first squad to no double-digit point getters. He was heard running down the court screaming "If I can't score, you won't either!"

There's a 50% chance of getting either live or die. Obviously you're more likely to die, but if there are two options there is a 50% chance of getting either. -SH

#36 2008-09-30 20:48:34

OctaneHugo
PM

MyNetsForLife wrote:

TheKaz wrote:

Hey wow awesome idea.

I think the biggest concern here is that pulling such an idea off with fluid animation would...

1. Necessitate that there are only a "set" number of plays that can be run. There's no way I can cover *every* possible combination of players moving all over the place.  So most likely you'd see something like 5 possible animations happen when the play reads "jump shot: missed"

2. Player numbers would need to be added to the game.  I think a blue circle that says "3" will mean more to people than a blue circle that says "PG" smile

3. The animation and making the "pretty circles" move- This looks like a job for Flash through and through.  Unfortunately, I'm not fluent in Adobe Flash, but if anyone has any experience writing semi-complex Flash apps like the one OctaneHugo has elegantly laid out, then by all means contact me.  Otherwise the learning curve may make this more of a long term project.

I tried figuring out what GLB used for their replay, and all indications point to "It's not Lupus". I wonder what they built it in...

I love you. Strong homo.

#37 2008-09-30 20:49:28

MyNetsForLife
PM

I'm missing todays episode because I have to write an essay sad

Pat led the passing with 7 assists, and his usual steady defensive play held the opposing first squad to no double-digit point getters. He was heard running down the court screaming "If I can't score, you won't either!"

There's a 50% chance of getting either live or die. Obviously you're more likely to die, but if there are two options there is a 50% chance of getting either. -SH

#38 2008-09-30 20:59:24

MyNetsForLife
PM

Kazz, I took a look at their replays. There's a background image on which the dots are on. I think each dot has a spacer on it, I guess so player's don't collide. I have no idea what they actually are though. Perhaps flash?

Edit: I tried using Remove it Permanently (a firefox addon), and all it did was remove the hyperlinking from each dot.

Last edited by MyNetsForLife (2008-09-30 21:00:40)

#39 2008-09-30 22:27:54

TheKaz
Creator / Lead Developer
PM  Website

I haven't checked what they have or what they use.

I'd imagine that you can really only do two possible things:
1. Use a nifty program to superimpose numbers on top of each frame of an animated GIF and then display that animated GIF.
2. Use Flash

You're definitely looking at a long term project here although the nice part about a project like this is that it does not require me to "wait" until I deploy it.  I can pretty much deploy it mid season, so long as the underlying game engine does not change.

#40 2008-09-30 23:13:48

JTMoney
PM

there's an animation that cstv.com uses for college basketball that's pretty cool, although it may be too complicated to pull off...it would be awesome to have something like that on Court Rivals if possible...

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/3730.jpg
Season 12 Kareem MVP - I Am the Walrus
Season 11 Kareem Champions - Just Blaze

#41 2008-09-30 23:21:59

kindacool107
Banned
PM

did anyone agree on doing this for kazz though? answer that before suggesting a million stuff to it

I don't cross boundaries...I walk ON them.

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/755.jpg

#42 2008-10-01 06:17:43

killagod47
PM

cool

#43 2008-10-01 07:05:27

24Bryant24
PM

TheKaz wrote:

Hey wow awesome idea.

This is to Kindacool107 about 2 Posts Above me.

WALLshington

#44 2008-10-01 10:38:13

kindacool107
Banned
PM

24Bryant24 wrote:

TheKaz wrote:

Hey wow awesome idea.

This is to Kindacool107 about 2 Posts Above me.

exactly...no one has stepped up to do it...or no one can step up...either way

I don't cross boundaries...I walk ON them.

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/755.jpg

#45 2008-10-01 12:31:49

BaronVonMonkey
PM

not a bad idea at all  lol

Last edited by BaronVonMonkey (2008-10-01 12:32:23)

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/3134.jpg

#46 2008-10-01 12:59:55

jaysizzle4603
PM

does any one have experience with something like this? even something really rough would be something to work with...

#47 2008-10-01 22:15:52

csc5782
PM

Question:

Is the intent on the graphic so that it is real time and as the ball and players move in between shots (8-20 second long possessions) ... or only show the movements as the shots are being made?

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/211.jpg

T-man: "Remember, that isn't how the game was necessarily played out, but rather, it's how the PBP illustrates it."

#48 2008-10-01 23:12:57

bigjayhawk88
PM

Renomitsu wrote:

24Bryant24 wrote:

Then we can have Like Customizable HomeCourts!!

And we'll be able to upgrade our stadium --
Awkwardly Proportioned Cheerleaders - 50 CR Points
Creepy Mascot - 90 CR Points
Child-Molesting Janitor - Priceless

HELL NO I DONT WANT COURTRIVALS TO TURN INTO GLB

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/5869.jpg

I LOVE TURTLES AND SOUTH01 IS MY HERO (he was on airtime and was also on MY TEAM!!!!)

#49 2008-10-02 12:30:32

TheKaz
Creator / Lead Developer
PM  Website

csc5782 wrote:

Question:

Is the intent on the graphic so that it is real time and as the ball and players move in between shots (8-20 second long possessions) ... or only show the movements as the shots are being made?

Basically something like...

10 moving circles
Outcome posted (maybe you'll see a circle turn green when someone hoists up a shot)
...repeat

#50 2008-10-02 13:10:33

jaysizzle4603
PM

exciting yes, but can anyone help kazz out here? like i said before even something real basic is better than nothing at all..

Board footer