Court Rivals Forums

An open forum to discuss issues related to Court Rivals!

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-06 01:01:04

B-T-A
Accomplishments: 0
PM

Something Needs to be Done Kazz...

With Court Rivals, you have a Great Idea for a game, and I'm sure it's a steady source of Income.  But w/ CR enterin it's 7th Season, not only Me, but I know very many others that have become, as you'd say, Burned Out of CR.  The Restless Training Everyday just to see a Game, No Game planning, if any, it's Minimal is involved in the way Games are played out.  There's nothing we can do the day before to affect a game the Next Day or that Night.  If you look at 2 teams, that are Very Evenly Matched, you'd expect a good game, and then a Blowout happens, you have tons of questions, but get No Answers, there's the Analysis, but I don't believe that that is good enough. 

I saw somewhere recently that we pay 61 dollars a year for Premium Year Round.  That is more than a year's worth of a Gold Membership on Xbox 360.  I'm just not gettin the Excitement and Joy that I was gettin when I was New.  I'd say First 3 Seasons, I had 2700 Posts, and you can see what I've done in past 3 1/2 Seasons.  It just isn't appealing anymore I believe. 

Also, I feel the Forums were a real good place when the Staff were posting a consisten basis, this included Doocar, Bgirl, and you Kazz.  I haven't seen any of you, anywhere in past couple weeks.  I know you said the Goal is for this game to Run by it's self, and that's the Goal of any Owner of a MMOSG.  But you can't just expect to sit back, get a check in the mail, and everything's gonna be fine.  I feel alot of Older Players are gettin Burned Out, like me, and the only reason I still play, is for my team, Speedsters.  That's the only reason I pay for Premium, is for the benefit of my team to win.  I don't know what it is you need to do, but I don't believe Skill Trees are enough.  I have a feeling you thought that would change alot of peoples opinion and quiet some.  But I feel that is only a quick fix, to stop the complaining going on.  I honestly don't know what needs to be done, but something, something BIG.  If it is not, then I believe alot of Vets will leave. 

Then comes in the arguement, who cares about the Vets (Season 1,2,3 players).  All I can to that Kazz, is we have given you the Most Money among any group on CR, and that is evident, and just give us something back for what we have given you.  I really feel that one of the problems in this game, is the inability to have Rivalries. 

I believe PbP has become just an Afterthought, and just a way to check real quick if your team is winning.  I don't watch whole games anymore, I used to, and I used to really be into it.  I'd put in that extra effort at work to get out quick enough, to be at home by 7:30 to watch PbP.  And that resulted in a deduction of Cash from my Pocket.  Now I don't even care about PbP anymore.  Honestly. 

I know it sucks to say it, and everybody hates it when something comes along, and it's like.  Well, another Idea you stole from GLB, or Stop making CR so much like GLB.  Well this is a Basketball Game, and that's a Football Game, 2 completely different Ideas.  Alot of Sports MMOG are very similar, and it's not a Bad thing to implement something from One, onto another.  So I feel that we should have Leagues, aka Divisions.  And moving in between them should not be such an Easy Task.  I feel there should be a Promotion System.  Couple teams get moved up every season and whatnot.  I'm sorry this is soo long.  But something NEEDS to be Done, NOW, or you'll lose your most Dedicated Group among CR.

Last edited by B-T-A (2009-01-06 04:23:26)

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/220.jpg
"B-T-A is a Stud"-Bgirl
Colts, Yankees, Suns Fan
4 Time All-Defensive Team

#2 2009-01-06 01:02:28

Slightly Hyphy
PM

Re: Something Needs to be Done Kazz...

Thanks for the paragraphs. Makes it alot easier to read smile

"When I play ball I really like to bang with the big men down low. I'm pretty aggressive but sometimes bobbling balls is a challenge-you've just got to really reach in there and really get a firm hold. When it comes down to it, I really just have to pound it up in there if I want to score" -MyNetsForLife

#3 2009-01-06 01:17:04

barcelonafan8
PM

very well thought out and I agree with you

#4 2009-01-06 01:18:41

uclaevo
PM

Yeah, I too feel burned out.  Every season, I play to chase a hope that we can take our team to the next level.  Recently, I got some recognition as First-Team All CR, but have realized that it takes a lot more to gain status and respect around here.  That, combined with the realization that only one team is really remembered from a single season (the champs), is a very numbing thought. 

It used to be fun to see results, but it seems like this season is a failure.  Part of that is our setup and our inactive player, but another large part is that the game seems to have stalled.  I feel that it will stall even more for vets once they hit the 50% rollback cap, because then those vets will all be the same.  The biggest joy of RPGs and therefore MMORPGs is the development of your character, and the biggest joy of MMORPGs are clans/friendships and the leaderboard.  There are definitely some good parts of the CR community, but I don't think we ever really have the other two components here, because rollback forces us to continually build back what we lost, and you only really improve your character if you change your setup or during the final week of the season (where you surpass last season's top TP).

Jeremy Lin, 5'10 PG| Rotokingdom

Season 5, First Team All CR
Season 6, Second Team All CR

#5 2009-01-06 01:18:52

tuggers
PM

I have to agree, I think if I am to stay after next season something will need to change drastically. Good post B-T-A.

Grrrwwooowowrwww!!

#6 2009-01-06 01:22:20

uclaevo
PM

BTW - as for the development of our characters, I think skills were a good idea (very similar to one of my early suggestions), but the impact is far less than we ever expected.  They haven't developed those Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, Dwyane Wade, Lebron James type players.  I'd venture that most double double players do it out of solid training and sliders and not skills.

#7 2009-01-06 01:26:45

Odom
PM

I agree and also AGREE A LOT WITH with they need to add something like GLB does a.k.a game planning , tactics, ect.

"Love me or hate me, it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, my swagger. Hate my fadeaway, my hunger. Hate that I'm a veteran. A champion. Hate that. Hate it with all your heart. And hate that I'm loved, for the exact same reasons," - Kobe Bryant

#8 2009-01-06 01:34:15

TheGreatMon
PM

I am not burned out yet, but I came in season 3 and I can easily see a time when I WILL get burned out.  I agree with you that SOMETHING needs to be done to change the game.  Even if it isn't super fantastic, as long as it isn't HORRIBLE it will bring life back into the game.  Even if it is just a holdover change, or even a gimmick, it could easily last another season and that is more cash in the pocket.

Season 6: Pro Scoring Crown

#9 2009-01-06 01:35:42

starz
PM

The challenging system and division sucks. Make it so that teams in the same division play each other and maybe give one day of the week to friendly game.

uclaevo wrote:

BTW - as for the development of our characters, I think skills were a good idea (very similar to one of my early suggestions), but the impact is far less than we ever expected.  They haven't developed those Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, Dwyane Wade, Lebron James type players.  I'd venture that most double double players do it out of solid training and sliders and not skills.

Those types of player exist, but since we can only play 24mins, no one can ever get those stats.

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/737.jpg

#10 2009-01-06 01:38:36

uclaevo
PM

Another thing that adds to the frustration is that 6 seasons in, nearly half a year after it's go-live, we still do not understand some of the game's most basic functionlity.  For instance, what the heck does speed, dunking, or leadership really do to the game and our stats.  You can share this information without sharing CR's deepest, darkest secrets or the holy grail of the CR algorithm.  Every time somebody asks for help, the only response is a quote for the Help section, which, ironically, is not very helpful on the subject.

Also, please understand that my posts are not attacks on the staff or the game, but merely pleas with ideas to help keep the game alive and exciting.

#11 2009-01-06 01:41:10

Camel
Retired Aussie Dromedary
PM

starz wrote:

The challenging system and division sucks. Make it so that teams in the same division play each other and maybe give one day of the week to friendly game.

uclaevo wrote:

Those types of player exist, but since we can only play 24mins, no one can ever get those stats.

This is the problem - in 24 minutes, a player can dominate in one area (and hence get the 30-40 point games you see in the NBA) but it's very hard for them to dominate in multiple areas in that short space of time. There's not enough of the ball to go around.

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/3999.jpg

Too many players, too many teams!

#12 2009-01-06 01:45:39

piston fan
PM

ya this is getting kind of boring i don't know if it's becuase i have been here long or that there seems to be no activity not much excitement to the forums now other then what did the latest troll post but i can get that anywhere else

there seems to be big gaps in between post now and i don't think people are joining when i first came here you didn't get that much time to make a post before someone else now everyone is bored and won't post other then the off topic forum

the latest anoucement is when we had that holiday 3 day premium thing

i think if we keep this up not only the vets but the newbies will be gone (which is who you want the most)

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/6720.jpg
don't be hatin on us we can win anything

#13 2009-01-06 01:47:15

MightyQuinn
PM

I play alot of sims, I own numerous teams & players on various sims.  The training is on CR is just so tedious. I spend less time on other sims and get better results.  I spent $16 dollars and I have control of a team for 10 seasons !!! and play in tournaments during the season which last longer then CR.  And some sims are now coming out with 2d games to watch, kind of like glb's replays, but for the whole game.

With no fouls and no subs, it should really be 5 man teams because its like playing 2 different games in one.

We already lost Aidslol, White Wash Ten, Rotoguru Gurupies among others.

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/6164.jpg

#14 2009-01-06 01:49:57

uclaevo
PM

starz wrote:

uclaevo wrote:

Not really.  If you project those stars' numbers down to 24 mpg, you'd need

Dhow - 13 ppg, 9 rpg, 3 bpg, .5 spg (ok, that one might be obtainable)
CP3 - 13 ppg, 8 apg, 4 rpg, 2 spg (that's tough, especially when you throw in the boards/steals)
Wade - 20 ppg, 5 apg, 4 rpg, 1.5 spg, 1 bpg (that one is possible, but the steals and blocks make it hard)
LBJ - 18 ppg, 5 rpg, 5 apg, 1.3 spg, .7 bpg, 1 trey (that's tough when you add the defense and trey)

You can get a few cats, but you can't truly develop a multi-cat player that excels and are really stuck with a battier-type player.

#15 2009-01-06 01:49:59

peterjar001
PM

Good post BTA and i hope this really gets though to Kazz.

Kazz,

The first thing i think needs to be done is get some more or better mods/game scripters.
This will def help the ease of implementing a bunch of changes.
This also will allow suggestioins in the suggestions forum to become more noticable.

Honestly shit ain't getting done and i think its b/c of to big of a burden on Kazz.

Secondly, notify us better on the progress being made. If theres anything being done right now nobody knows about it yet. This will prevent people from thinking that the mods don't care and will give people something to look forward too.

Third, start making the changes.
I personally believe team stats would be easy to implement and are really needed for this game. This would make it more possible to prepare for teams as BTA was stating.
Theres many and i mean many good ideas being thrown around in the suggestion forum that are just being ignored. And i know for a fact that theirs suggestions that wouldn't be to hard to implement and would really help the game.

I also believe there needs to be some sort of division/schedueling changes as BTA was hinting at. Also different playoff system allowing
more teams to be playing for something. Alot like GLB, i know some disagree with more playoffs but i think most would approve of it.

Another good suggestion mentioned is having a polling system for the threads, this would be really useful in suggestion forums and what not.

I don't believe in Unclaevos point about the players stats. This game only allows you to play Half of the time, theres no way CR players will be able to compete with real players stats when their playing about half the time. 

But overall Yes, there needs to be changes made Kazz. A big start would be responding to this thread when you get a chance and give us some insight on some changes your planning.

Like Claevo said these are not personal attacks but just overall consenses that a change needs to be made.

Last edited by peterjar001 (2009-01-06 01:57:06)

Tylers All Stars returns...
http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/1200.jpg

#16 2009-01-06 01:54:39

peterjar001
PM

uclaevo wrote:

Another thing that adds to the frustration is that 6 seasons in, nearly half a year after it's go-live, we still do not understand some of the game's most basic functionlity.  For instance, what the heck does speed, dunking, or leadership really do to the game and our stats.  You can share this information without sharing CR's deepest, darkest secrets or the holy grail of the CR algorithm.  Every time somebody asks for help, the only response is a quote for the Help section, which, ironically, is not very helpful on the subject.

Also, please understand that my posts are not attacks on the staff or the game, but merely pleas with ideas to help keep the game alive and exciting.

I somewhat disagree with this, you don't want people to be to knowledgable about the game.  There has to be some secrecy otherwise everybody would be doing the same and the best training team would win. That would be stupid, you need to keep a few things hidden and let us try to figure out a good stadegy.

Last edited by peterjar001 (2009-01-06 02:06:12)

Tylers All Stars returns...
http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/1200.jpg

#17 2009-01-06 02:02:50

uclaevo
PM

peterjar001 wrote:

uclaevo wrote:

I somewhat disagree with this, you don't want people to be to knowledgable about the game.  There has to be some secretcy otherwise everybody would be doing the same and the best training team would win. That would be stupid, you need to keep a few things hidden and let us try to figure out a good stadegy.

There is secrecy - you don't know exactly how the other team is built.  Especially with skills and sliders, a team can build strengths in attributes that are not their primary.  In addition, there's always the factor of randomness, which I understand and support.

This game isn't all about how you build your player - it's about how you build your team and how your team compares to another team.

#18 2009-01-06 02:05:28

mr3pk
PM

Ya im not that old of a player but leagues would be great but im not seeing that happen anytime soon thats a huge make over.  They would more then likely have to get another website and start from 0 there so down time here is min.  But i would give him a brake he has a family they could of took a brake from alot of crying on the site even if this is just words its still there Job  and it has to be stressful like evey other job.

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/17152.jpg

#19 2009-01-06 02:06:45

starz
PM

uclaevo wrote:

starz wrote:

uclaevo wrote:

Not really.  If you project those stars' numbers down to 24 mpg, you'd need

Dhow - 13 ppg, 9 rpg, 3 bpg, .5 spg (ok, that one might be obtainable)
CP3 - 13 ppg, 8 apg, 4 rpg, 2 spg (that's tough, especially when you throw in the boards/steals)
Wade - 20 ppg, 5 apg, 4 rpg, 1.5 spg, 1 bpg (that one is possible, but the steals and blocks make it hard)
LBJ - 18 ppg, 5 rpg, 5 apg, 1.3 spg, .7 bpg, 1 trey (that's tough when you add the defense and trey)

You can get a few cats, but you can't truly develop a multi-cat player that excels and are really stuck with a battier-type player.

This is not a fair comparison. Lets take the Celtics as an example...

Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett playing by themselves...And they put up great stats.

What happen when they all play together? Just look at their career stats!

Now imagine if there's 5 player of their caliber playing together.

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/737.jpg

#20 2009-01-06 03:46:35

Harbour
Captain Kiwi
PM  Website

Very valid points and I agree with them all.

Pesonally I still like the game.

But the server, or software or whatever constantly crashing is very frustrating. Also having only Axe-Grinder and Doctor Nick doing anything is disheartening. Props to those two though.

5 Rings (S6 Franchise Underdogs, S8 Franchise Underdogs, S16 Even Money, S18 The Studmuffin Bakery, S45 Franchise Connection)
2 MVPs, 1 Finals MVP, 2 DPoY, S10 Sportsmanship

#21 2009-01-06 06:28:55

team rohan
Wants a real prize
PM

If leagues are ever implemented, 8 team leagues are the perfect number. Would allow for 42 games of regular season. You would play league opponents every second day, and play every team 3 times. Which would allow 21 days for challenging any team you see fit. Also a good chance to experiment with sliders and what not.

Personally I like the manual training though.

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/6784.jpg

Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like... f***in'... Shaft

#22 2009-01-06 07:22:45

JoeyPops
PM

I agree alot. Next season maybe my last.

Super Knicks
http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/9201.jpg
Now paying attention. Joey Pops Turning a new leaf.

#23 2009-01-06 07:27:02

jdawg
PM

I like the 5 man team idea. Maybe the sim can have 3 filler players built into each game that each only play 10 mins or so. So that way your five man team can play a lot of minutes. In fact, maybe that is something else endurance can affect. The higher endurance you have, the more minutes your player can play resulting in less minutes from your team's "filler players".

Damn now that's a great idea. Then you'd see your Dwight Howard and Chris Paul type players. I should go put in under the Suggestions forum. But am I? Nah- everything there gets ignored!!!!!!!!!!!!

#24 2009-01-06 07:29:40

Ryeskernatorr
PM

jdawg wrote:

I like the 5 man team idea. Maybe the sim can have 3 filler players built into each game that each only play 10 mins or so. So that way your five man team can play a lot of minutes. In fact, maybe that is something else endurance can affect. The higher endurance you have, the more minutes your player can play resulting in less minutes from your team's "filler players".

Damn now that's a great idea. Then you'd see your Dwight Howard and Chris Paul type players. I should go put in under the Suggestions forum. But am I? Nah- everything there gets ignored!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree - endurance should factor in to the amount of playing time you receive.

SG|Hugh Jass|Rampaging Marmots|Pro A - Kareem League

#25 2009-01-06 07:30:14

South01
PM

piston fan wrote:

ya this is getting kind of boring i don't know if it's becuase i have been here long or that there seems to be no activity not much excitement to the forums now other then what did the latest troll post but i can get that anywhere else

there seems to be big gaps in between post now and i don't think people are joining when i first came here you didn't get that much time to make a post before someone else now everyone is bored and won't post other then the off topic forum

the latest anoucement is when we had that holiday 3 day premium thing

i think if we keep this up not only the vets but the newbies will be gone (which is who you want the most)

Valid points i agree.

Air Time , Sth Div Champs Seas 2 .Season Three Champions,Seas4Runners up. (Classic)
The Tanks Season 13 Champs (Classic) Force B Beastin U , Extra Westerners Season 29 Champs (west)
Even Money (West) Champs Season 17_HB AssassinsX Season 26 Champs (Jordan) Uber Achtung s55,56,57 Champs
http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/3716.jpg

Board footer