Court Rivals Forums

An open forum to discuss issues related to Court Rivals!

You are not logged in.

#26 2009-01-06 07:35:04

South01
Accomplishments: 0
PM

Re: Something Needs to be Done Kazz...

MightyQuinn wrote:

I play alot of sims, I own numerous teams & players on various sims.  The training is on CR is just so tedious. I spend less time on other sims and get better results.  I spent $16 dollars and I have control of a team for 10 seasons !!! and play in tournaments during the season which last longer then CR.  And some sims are now coming out with 2d games to watch, kind of like glb's replays, but for the whole game.

With no fouls and no subs, it should really be 5 man teams because its like playing 2 different games in one.

We already lost Aidslol, White Wash Ten, Rotoguru Gurupies among others.

good point as well,its $70 aus to do a team for a season on here,thats another thing its too pricey and credits only last 15 days so thats harsh.

Air Time , Sth Div Champs Seas 2 .Season Three Champions,Seas4Runners up. (Classic)
The Tanks Season 13 Champs (Classic) Force B Beastin U , Extra Westerners Season 29 Champs (west)
Even Money (West) Champs Season 17_HB AssassinsX Season 26 Champs (Jordan) Uber Achtung s55,56,57 Champs
http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/3716.jpg

#27 2009-01-06 08:37:55

Matz
The King
PM

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/1029.jpg

Captain: The Royal Knights   

#28 2009-01-06 09:07:38

aklo
PM

Well if you don't want to train everyday and want to set tactics and all, try www.cyberdunk.com. big_smile
It's less hassle.

-_-

#29 2009-01-06 09:30:48

RobNJ564
PM

I think a lot of the problems outlined in this post could be solved by the implementation of one rather large change which would be the inclusion of specific defensive matchups and game planning.  I think the largest source of frustration with the games is that defense basically does nothing but generate stats.  I have never seen any team on CR that was consistently good defensively.  Teams score tons of points, take tons of 3s and make too many of them and there are a lot of players and captains who would be thrilled to have some kind of option to reduce their own offensive output in an effort to counter the opponent's offensive strengths but there isn't one.  Training defense does not make you a good defensive player.  You have to train defense, train speed, forego rebounding, shift your leadership points, and all you get for that is a spot on the leaderboard for steals.  Your opponents will still shoot the lights out on a more or less random basis and nothing you do will change your opponents offense.  You can't force a team to play more from the outside or more from the inside.  You can't employ alternate strategies of forcing more turnovers or limiting field goal percentage. 

I recognize that to implement this would probably require rewriting the entire way the sim works, in particular the sliders (which lots of people have complained about).  I would advocate getting rid of the sliders altogether.  The reallocation of points has limited variety in the game and its the reason that every top rebounder averages 6 points per game.  Trade off 3 or 4 rebounds per game (and be top 100 instead of top 20) and you can average an extra 2-5 points per game.  Go the other way and drop down to about 5 or 6 rebounds per game (by putting your slider in the middle) and you can be a shot blocker.  The automatic (you can't be great at this and be even competent at that) reallocation has created tons of identical players with only marginal differences between them. 

If defensive matchups were instituted you'd give players a serious challenge in how much attention to put into the defense stat.  There would be a real difference between having a player with 100 defense and one with 50.  You also might see some players pursue a strategy where they undersell the defense stat to be better scorers or rebounders because their captain can "match them up" with a less capable offensive player on the other team.  This would provide real variety and a lot more possibilities in strategies.  It would also create team identity - these guys are shooters, these guys defend, these guys play in the post, these guys play on the perimeter - instead of just dividing a fixed number of stats between whatever players have emphasized a certain attribute.

CR is a good game.  It could be a great one, but I don't doubt it would be a major challenge to get it to work.

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/4858.jpg

Get a different perspective on sports and pop culture. http://guysgirl.com/
Fight the Power.  Show Your Support.  http://occupywallst.org/

#30 2009-01-06 09:36:47

HanesOnU
Press Member
PM  Website

RobNJ564 wrote:

I think a lot of the problems outlined in this post could be solved by the implementation of one rather large change which would be the inclusion of specific defensive matchups and game planning.  I think the largest source of frustration with the games is that defense basically does nothing but generate stats.  I have never seen any team on CR that was consistently good defensively.  Teams score tons of points, take tons of 3s and make too many of them and there are a lot of players and captains who would be thrilled to have some kind of option to reduce their own offensive output in an effort to counter the opponent's offensive strengths but there isn't one.  Training defense does not make you a good defensive player.  You have to train defense, train speed, forego rebounding, shift your leadership points, and all you get for that is a spot on the leaderboard for steals.  Your opponents will still shoot the lights out on a more or less random basis and nothing you do will change your opponents offense.  You can't force a team to play more from the outside or more from the inside.  You can't employ alternate strategies of forcing more turnovers or limiting field goal percentage. 

I recognize that to implement this would probably require rewriting the entire way the sim works, in particular the sliders (which lots of people have complained about).  I would advocate getting rid of the sliders altogether.  The reallocation of points has limited variety in the game and its the reason that every top rebounder averages 6 points per game.  Trade off 3 or 4 rebounds per game (and be top 100 instead of top 20) and you can average an extra 2-5 points per game.  Go the other way and drop down to about 5 or 6 rebounds per game (by putting your slider in the middle) and you can be a shot blocker.  The automatic (you can't be great at this and be even competent at that) reallocation has created tons of identical players with only marginal differences between them. 

If defensive matchups were instituted you'd give players a serious challenge in how much attention to put into the defense stat.  There would be a real difference between having a player with 100 defense and one with 50.  You also might see some players pursue a strategy where they undersell the defense stat to be better scorers or rebounders because their captain can "match them up" with a less capable offensive player on the other team.  This would provide real variety and a lot more possibilities in strategies.  It would also create team identity - these guys are shooters, these guys defend, these guys play in the post, these guys play on the perimeter - instead of just dividing a fixed number of stats between whatever players have emphasized a certain attribute.

CR is a good game.  It could be a great one, but I don't doubt it would be a major challenge to get it to work.

Great post... I agree getting rid of sliders would be a great idea.

Radio Show: CR Junkies ---- CR Chat

"baby kiss me through the phone" - BGirl

#31 2009-01-06 09:38:17

HanesOnU
Press Member
PM  Website

Ryeskernatorr wrote:

jdawg wrote:

I like the 5 man team idea. Maybe the sim can have 3 filler players built into each game that each only play 10 mins or so. So that way your five man team can play a lot of minutes. In fact, maybe that is something else endurance can affect. The higher endurance you have, the more minutes your player can play resulting in less minutes from your team's "filler players".

Damn now that's a great idea. Then you'd see your Dwight Howard and Chris Paul type players. I should go put in under the Suggestions forum. But am I? Nah- everything there gets ignored!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree - endurance should factor in to the amount of playing time you receive.

The problem with this was pointed out by kindacool... if endurance is a factor in PT, that means that you can train endurance up and play a bunch of minutes. By training endurance up you are forgoing other attributes... meaning you are getting more PT over better players.

Radio Show: CR Junkies ---- CR Chat

"baby kiss me through the phone" - BGirl

#32 2009-01-06 09:44:46

mystic
PM

HanesOnU wrote:

With the sliders reallocating points you can do some of the stuff already. You only have to set the sliders new for each game. So, you have to tell 9 other guys on your team how to set the sliders to get the best possible results.

You want to have your point guard as a double-double threat: Take a look at Master Bate, over the last 5 games 8.4 ppg and 9.4 apg. You can do it, but you have to adjust the sliders on the daily basis. Different slider setting for different opponents.

Last edited by mystic (2009-01-06 09:45:29)

The Baltimore Bullets (S4 - S17): 395-210 RS record; 38-13 PS record; Runner-up in S 7, 13, 16, 17; Elite 8 in S 6, 9, 10, 12, 15; Pro A/B from S 6 to 17
Thanks bhill1767, Blowcaine, FastAsATurtle, fresh_tacos, Funk, Harbour, jbus, Lord Rott, marv88harrison, mchea, pat_mac05, redundant, rippev, team rohan, tesche, tmoney20, tsb5026, UCFinfan86, x-factor

#33 2009-01-06 09:55:30

SayOw
PM  Website

I have noticed the sentiment of this thread for some time now and I really don't think a lot of people have a problem with the actual CR game but rather the absence of anybody resembling management ...

Yes, there are issues that the game could address to improve ... that list will always be endless and the debate as to which ideas are the right ones will likely determine the urgency in addressing those items.

But as I have seen in this thread and in others from members that are seemingly becoming bored/disappointed with the game and that is likely to be true, but they are sure to attach that a major concern is the lack of mods and no presence from the game's management.

I really think that if there was a noticeable presence from the CR staff, much of the malaise amongst the CR community would dissipate.

But on the flip side of that coin, the CR community has made it extremely difficult to appear 'fair' when addressing issues that have arisen on the CR forums ... I have never been involved in an online community that has so much spam and worthless threads as that is present on the CR forums ... oh, I am sure I could find a worse one but as it stands right now, this is by far, overall, the online forum that I frequent that offers up the least amount 'substance' out of any ...

To some degree the CR community has brought this upon itself ... in regards to the forums, they are filled with the mentality that post-whoring is admirable and congratulations are sent to those whenever they have surpassed some reply 'milestone' as if they just achieved something worthy.

I just think that despite the substantive vacuum that exists on the CR forums, the management of this site does need to have more of a presence and sure it is easy to say it's the holidays and what-not, but any business would have a plan for that time as well...

Last edited by SayOw (2009-01-06 10:55:14)

#34 2009-01-06 10:00:25

ferd1462
PM

I agree with almost everything that has been said so far.

Something else that should be implemented is some sort of practice, or practice sim of a game. Being able to switch around your sliders, then see the results against a "practice Squad" of sorts. With this practice squad, you are able to set there sliders, in addition to the strengths of each of the players on the practice squad. For instance, say you are playing against a Defensive team that night, you are able to set your practice squad to defensive, and play around with your sliders to see what effects what. Obviously there is randomness, but this would really help people get more of a feel as to what could happen, without having to have a waste of a loss in that game.

Also, off of the getting rid of sliders point. I think there should be some sort of team slider. Obviously not as dramatic as the individual sliders, because that would leave your team vulnerable, but less stat reallocation. Which leads into another Idea that I have. Be able to choose Man-Man, or Zone, or something, and be able to pick who you match up with.
For instance, I am a defender, and I have the highest defense on my team. If we are playing a team that has a player that averages 25 points a game on the same unit that I am playing against, I should be able to have my player guarding him. I am not sure there is a set system in place for that. If I am going to be a defender, I want to be able to shut down the opposing teams best scorer, there for I am doing my job. If I am getting steals, thats great, but I would prefer to get less steals a game, and have those steals be from the opponents best player, rather then a player who is not as much as a scoring threat, and has a lower fg%.

Let me know if any of you guys think these are good ides, and ill gladly post it in the suggestions, but who knows if that will get anywhere smile.

Last edited by ferd1462 (2009-01-06 10:01:51)

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/9210.jpg
Seasons 5 & 6 All Defensive Team.

#35 2009-01-06 10:03:42

El Blingeroso
Banned
PM

B-T-A wrote:

With Court Rivals, you have a Great Idea for a game, and I'm sure it's a steady source of Income.  But w/ CR enterin it's 7th Season, not only Me, but I know very many others that have become, as you'd say, Burned Out of CR.  The Restless Training Everyday just to see a Game, No Game planning, if any, it's Minimal is involved in the way Games are played out.  There's nothing we can do the day before to affect a game the Next Day or that Night.  If you look at 2 teams, that are Very Evenly Matched, you'd expect a good game, and then a Blowout happens, you have tons of questions, but get No Answers, there's the Analysis, but I don't believe that that is good enough. 

I saw somewhere recently that we pay 61 dollars a year for Premium Year Round.  That is more than a year's worth of a Gold Membership on Xbox 360.  I'm just not gettin the Excitement and Joy that I was gettin when I was New.  I'd say First 3 Seasons, I had 2700 Posts, and you can see what I've done in past 3 1/2 Seasons.  It just isn't appealing anymore I believe. 

Also, I feel the Forums were a real good place when the Staff were posting a consisten basis, this included Doocar, Bgirl, and you Kazz.  I haven't seen any of you, anywhere in past couple weeks.  I know you said the Goal is for this game to Run by it's self, and that's the Goal of any Owner of a MMOSG.  But you can't just expect to sit back, get a check in the mail, and everything's gonna be fine.  I feel alot of Older Players are gettin Burned Out, like me, and the only reason I still play, is for my team, Speedsters.  That's the only reason I pay for Premium, is for the benefit of my team to win.  I don't know what it is you need to do, but I don't believe Skill Trees are enough.  I have a feeling you thought that would change alot of peoples opinion and quiet some.  But I feel that is only a quick fix, to stop the complaining going on.  I honestly don't know what needs to be done, but something, something BIG.  If it is not, then I believe alot of Vets will leave. 

Then comes in the arguement, who cares about the Vets (Season 1,2,3 players).  All I can to that Kazz, is we have given you the Most Money among any group on CR, and that is evident, and just give us something back for what we have given you.  I really feel that one of the problems in this game, is the inability to have Rivalries. 

I believe PbP has become just an Afterthought, and just a way to check real quick if your team is winning.  I don't watch whole games anymore, I used to, and I used to really be into it.  I'd put in that extra effort at work to get out quick enough, to be at home by 7:30 to watch PbP.  And that resulted in a deduction of Cash from my Pocket.  Now I don't even care about PbP anymore.  Honestly. 

I know it sucks to say it, and everybody hates it when something comes along, and it's like.  Well, another Idea you stole from GLB, or Stop making CR so much like GLB.  Well this is a Basketball Game, and that's a Football Game, 2 completely different Ideas.  Alot of Sports MMOG are very similar, and it's not a Bad thing to implement something from One, onto another.  So I feel that we should have Leagues, aka Divisions.  And moving in between them should not be such an Easy Task.  I feel there should be a Promotion System.  Couple teams get moved up every season and whatnot.  I'm sorry this is soo long.  But something NEEDS to be Done, NOW, or you'll lose your most Dedicated Group among CR.

OR...you guys will leave and newer players will enjoy it....I say...See ya!!

#36 2009-01-06 10:12:15

ClassicIll
PM

OR! you can have an opinion when you finally finish two full seasons.

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/9232.jpg

#37 2009-01-06 11:15:37

jomamma73
PM

El Blingeroso wrote:

B-T-A wrote:

With Court Rivals, you have a Great Idea for a game, and I'm sure it's a steady source of Income.  But w/ CR enterin it's 7th Season, not only Me, but I know very many others that have become, as you'd say, Burned Out of CR.  The Restless Training Everyday just to see a Game, No Game planning, if any, it's Minimal is involved in the way Games are played out.  There's nothing we can do the day before to affect a game the Next Day or that Night.  If you look at 2 teams, that are Very Evenly Matched, you'd expect a good game, and then a Blowout happens, you have tons of questions, but get No Answers, there's the Analysis, but I don't believe that that is good enough. 

I saw somewhere recently that we pay 61 dollars a year for Premium Year Round.  That is more than a year's worth of a Gold Membership on Xbox 360.  I'm just not gettin the Excitement and Joy that I was gettin when I was New.  I'd say First 3 Seasons, I had 2700 Posts, and you can see what I've done in past 3 1/2 Seasons.  It just isn't appealing anymore I believe. 

Also, I feel the Forums were a real good place when the Staff were posting a consisten basis, this included Doocar, Bgirl, and you Kazz.  I haven't seen any of you, anywhere in past couple weeks.  I know you said the Goal is for this game to Run by it's self, and that's the Goal of any Owner of a MMOSG.  But you can't just expect to sit back, get a check in the mail, and everything's gonna be fine.  I feel alot of Older Players are gettin Burned Out, like me, and the only reason I still play, is for my team, Speedsters.  That's the only reason I pay for Premium, is for the benefit of my team to win.  I don't know what it is you need to do, but I don't believe Skill Trees are enough.  I have a feeling you thought that would change alot of peoples opinion and quiet some.  But I feel that is only a quick fix, to stop the complaining going on.  I honestly don't know what needs to be done, but something, something BIG.  If it is not, then I believe alot of Vets will leave. 

Then comes in the arguement, who cares about the Vets (Season 1,2,3 players).  All I can to that Kazz, is we have given you the Most Money among any group on CR, and that is evident, and just give us something back for what we have given you.  I really feel that one of the problems in this game, is the inability to have Rivalries. 

I believe PbP has become just an Afterthought, and just a way to check real quick if your team is winning.  I don't watch whole games anymore, I used to, and I used to really be into it.  I'd put in that extra effort at work to get out quick enough, to be at home by 7:30 to watch PbP.  And that resulted in a deduction of Cash from my Pocket.  Now I don't even care about PbP anymore.  Honestly. 

I know it sucks to say it, and everybody hates it when something comes along, and it's like.  Well, another Idea you stole from GLB, or Stop making CR so much like GLB.  Well this is a Basketball Game, and that's a Football Game, 2 completely different Ideas.  Alot of Sports MMOG are very similar, and it's not a Bad thing to implement something from One, onto another.  So I feel that we should have Leagues, aka Divisions.  And moving in between them should not be such an Easy Task.  I feel there should be a Promotion System.  Couple teams get moved up every season and whatnot.  I'm sorry this is soo long.  But something NEEDS to be Done, NOW, or you'll lose your most Dedicated Group among CR.

OR...you guys will leave and newer players will enjoy it....I say...See ya!!

wow.

I agree with alot of whats been said... im not terribly new, and have been around for a few seasons with premium. The biggest issue is that other games are progressing, and CR is stagnant. I mean, look at this thread. Sounds like some people are about to rebel and not a single mod answer lol.

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/12714.jpg

#38 2009-01-06 11:20:26

abellwillring
PM

Another part of the issue is how to deal with training when you have a member who isn't doing it.  GMs/Coaches of teams should be able to train players as well IMO.  Sometimes you have a core and you don't want to boot a guy or two, but perhaps they're not holding up their end of the bargain and training... this hurts the whole team.  Give the coach more control over his players IMO.

We're encountering this and its really caused a downward spiral for our team who was one of the top Pro A teams for the first few weeks of the season.  Frankly, I've lost a lot of interest in the game over it.

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/6624.jpg

#39 2009-01-06 11:26:40

RobNJ564
PM

mystic wrote:

HanesOnU wrote:

With the sliders reallocating points you can do some of the stuff already. You only have to set the sliders new for each game. So, you have to tell 9 other guys on your team how to set the sliders to get the best possible results.

You want to have your point guard as a double-double threat: Take a look at Master Bate, over the last 5 games 8.4 ppg and 9.4 apg. You can do it, but you have to adjust the sliders on the daily basis. Different slider setting for different opponents.

No this is the problem.  Eight and a half ppg instead of the "usual" point guard output of 6?  Big Fucking Deal.  The sliders give you a small amount of leeway inside a restrictive range of possible outcomes.  Having seen all of them now, it's just same old same old.

#40 2009-01-06 11:26:53

uclaevo
PM

ferd1462 wrote:

I agree with almost everything that has been said so far.

Something else that should be implemented is some sort of practice, or practice sim of a game. Being able to switch around your sliders, then see the results against a "practice Squad" of sorts. With this practice squad, you are able to set there sliders, in addition to the strengths of each of the players on the practice squad. For instance, say you are playing against a Defensive team that night, you are able to set your practice squad to defensive, and play around with your sliders to see what effects what. Obviously there is randomness, but this would really help people get more of a feel as to what could happen, without having to have a waste of a loss in that game.

Let me know if any of you guys think these are good ides, and ill gladly post it in the suggestions, but who knows if that will get anywhere smile.

I would LOVE to see this suggestion get implemented, but I'd imagine that there would be too much server overhead.  Even if we cap the practices to 1 or 2 per team, that's still a lot more sim'ming going on, and it's tough to even post on the forums now due to response and load time.

Practices are an essential part of real life, and would allow a team to really develop a good strategy on a day to day basis.  The top teams probably have good scouting and good understanding of the game, but it's still all circumstantial evidence.  Every time you play a different strategy, your results are confounded by the random factors and by playing different opponents with different setups.  The only way a team can really tell if their strategy (lineups, sliders, and team chems) are working is if they play the same opponent multiple times for each strategy and the opponent's strategy remains constant.  This will never occur in this game, because you cannot guarantee that an opponent does not change their strategy and because you are unlikely to even get 5 games against the same opponent over the course of a season.

Jeremy Lin, 5'10 PG| Rotokingdom

Season 5, First Team All CR
Season 6, Second Team All CR

#41 2009-01-06 11:27:55

RobNJ564
PM

SayOw wrote:

I have noticed the sentiment of this thread for some time now and I really don't think a lot of people have a problem with the actual CR game but rather the absence of anybody resembling management ...

Yes, there are issues that the game could address to improve ... that list will always be endless and the debate as to which ideas are the right ones will likely determine the urgency in addressing those items.

But as I have seen in this thread and in others from members that are seemingly becoming bored/disappointed with the game and that is likely to be true, but they are sure to attach that a major concern is the lack of mods and no presence from the game's management.

I really think that if there was a noticeable presence from the CR staff, much of the malaise amongst the CR community would dissipate.

But on the flip side of that coin, the CR community has made it extremely difficult to appear 'fair' when addressing issues that have arisen on the CR forums ... I have never been involved in an online community that has so much spam and worthless threads as that is present on the CR forums ... oh, I am sure I could find a worse one but as it stands right now, this is by far, overall, the online forum that I frequent that offers up the least amount 'substance' out of any ...

To some degree the CR community has brought this upon itself ... in regards to the forums, they are filled with the mentality that post-whoring is admirable and congratulations are sent to those whenever they have surpassed some reply 'milestone' as if they just achieved something worthy.

I just think that despite the substantive vacuum that exists on the CR forums, the management of this site does need to have more of a presence and sure it is easy to say it's the holidays and what-not, but any business would have a plan for that time as well...

Sorry, but I think you miss the point.  If the game had the kind of strategy options I'm talking about people would talk about the games on the forums instead of making endless nonsense threads.

#42 2009-01-06 11:29:31

raferwafer
PM

+1 to that bta, i have had similar feelings lately, i guess i dont like the fact that so much more time goes into training than gameplanning for the most part, very few teams to daily gameplanning.

for the most part there is not too much you can change as each player really has 2 places it can shift the bulk of their points, like say a defensive player with skill pts in defense and a lvl 2+ defensive chem will likely have 2k to 3k pts in defense after all the chems/skill pts are taken into account so the rest of their skills are not much compared to this so really the take chances slider is the only big impact slider for them, the rest can make minor adjustments but overall you have one slider that will have a large impact on the game.

SG | Stevie Wonder | Speedsters
SF | Big Mac | Speedsters
SF | The Chef | The Replacements

#43 2009-01-06 11:34:25

uclaevo
PM

abellwillring wrote:

Another part of the issue is how to deal with training when you have a member who isn't doing it.  GMs/Coaches of teams should be able to train players as well IMO.  Sometimes you have a core and you don't want to boot a guy or two, but perhaps they're not holding up their end of the bargain and training... this hurts the whole team.  Give the coach more control over his players IMO.

We're encountering this and its really caused a downward spiral for our team who was one of the top Pro A teams for the first few weeks of the season.  Frankly, I've lost a lot of interest in the game over it.

Yeah, we're stuck with a guy who trained the first two weeks, but is now MIA with no player credits.  If we kick, we lose lvl 3 team chems.  If we stay, we have a guy stuck at 700 TP who hasn't even used that last skill point.  After reading about ICA losing to the Pigs last season due partially to lvl 1 team chems, option 1 isn't an option.

Jeremy Lin, 5'10 PG| Rotokingdom

Season 5, First Team All CR
Season 6, Second Team All CR

#44 2009-01-06 11:38:56

SayOw
PM  Website

RobNJ564 wrote:

SayOw wrote:

Sorry, but I think you miss the point.  If the game had the kind of strategy options I'm talking about people would talk about the games on the forums instead of making endless nonsense threads.

No, I don't think I missed the point ... at least my point...

I'm not going to debate what additions or changes to the game would be good or not and I really don't know if anyone can conclusively say that by implementing changes is going to mean the forums will change as well...

Sure, the 'discussions' themselves may improve if the game did implement some changes/improvements but to assume that the forums get totally remedied I don't think would be the case... the forums have been allowed to degrade to nothing but nonsense and a waste ... that could be cleaned up and monitored with no changes made to the game and no debate needed.

I think this could be done and, at the same time, reply to suggestions and attend to other forum matters.  You read at how many members have become discontent with the fact that they don't see any activity from the management of this site, and imo, I think that is the biggest concern of CR right now with the easiest fix.

Last edited by SayOw (2009-01-06 11:46:59)

#45 2009-01-06 12:04:03

RobNJ564
PM

I didn't mean to say you didn't HAVE a point but it is not the same as the point in this thread - if the game has become stale for you, what difference does it make if there is spam in the forums.  Ultimately, you come to the site to play the game.  If that stops being fun, it is hard to justify continuing on. . .

#46 2009-01-06 12:09:54

peterjar001
PM

SayOw wrote:

RobNJ564 wrote:

SayOw wrote:

No, I don't think I missed the point ... at least my point...

I'm not going to debate what additions or changes to the game would be good or not and I really don't know if anyone can conclusively say that by implementing changes is going to mean the forums will change as well...

Sure, the 'discussions' themselves may improve if the game did implement some changes/improvements but to assume that the forums get totally remedied I don't think would be the case... the forums have been allowed to degrade to nothing but nonsense and a waste ... that could be cleaned up and monitored with no changes made to the game and no debate needed.

I think this could be done and, at the same time, reply to suggestions and attend to other forum matters.  You read at how many members have become discontent with the fact that they don't see any activity from the management of this site, and imo, I think that is the biggest concern of CR right now with the easiest fix.

Yes the Off Topic forum is a little messy but who really cares? Honestly we have much bigger problems in this game then worrying about are off topic forum being a little spamish. If you don't like it then don't go into the Off Topic forum, its your choice.

They need to start focusing on the real problems in this game. The only time i've seen the mods lately is when their interfearing in off topic threads. IMO they need to spend less time in the Off Topic forum and start focusing on the real issues with the game, which is in the suggestions forum and what not.

Last edited by peterjar001 (2009-01-06 12:11:05)

Tylers All Stars returns...
http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/1200.jpg

#47 2009-01-06 12:11:54

WFUnDina
PM

uclaevo wrote:

abellwillring wrote:

Yeah, we're stuck with a guy who trained the first two weeks, but is now MIA with no player credits.  If we kick, we lose lvl 3 team chems.  If we stay, we have a guy stuck at 700 TP who hasn't even used that last skill point.  After reading about ICA losing to the Pigs last season due partially to lvl 1 team chems, option 1 isn't an option.

I just want to add to that commement, that ICA, did that on purpose, hoping to get past the 1st 2 rounds. That wasn't an error, but a strategy.

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/6656.jpg
My blog in the works.... http://nohomersallowed.blogspot.com/

#48 2009-01-06 12:17:21

dchan07
Masterpingu At Rest
PM

Mods don't help with game development. I don't see why all of you (in general) complain that the forum mods aren't doing anything besides moderating forums. That is their only job.

AT REZT

#49 2009-01-06 12:21:24

SayOw
PM  Website

RobNJ564 wrote:

I didn't mean to say you didn't HAVE a point but it is not the same as the point in this thread - if the game has become stale for you, what difference does it make if there is spam in the forums.  Ultimately, you come to the site to play the game.  If that stops being fun, it is hard to justify continuing on. . .

And as I prefaced my original remarks...

As I had noticed, an underlying theme with those that have become dissatisfied with CR is that they no longer visibly see anyone involved in the CR management doing anything.  As people 'air' their dislike in the direction that CR may be taking, they also mention that they are concerned that there is lack of communication between the members of CR and the management ...

My point is, that I think many have become increasingly disgruntled with CR because of the fact that they don't get responses from anyone involved in CR and the forums are basically left unattended ...

Yes, there are improvements that can be made to the game and would likely have a 'trickle down' effect to where, hopefully, the forums would improve ... but if you continue to leave the forums unattended and no longer feel a need to reply to suggestions/questions in a timely manner, I would think that there would still be considerable discontent from members.

Improvements and changes in the CR game are great and I think we all would love to see the game expand as much as possible ... but we also all know that changes and improvements take time and effort....not an excuse to discount them, but just the truth.  In the area that I am addressing, namely the forums and interaction with the community, could be done very easily and I think the improvement would be tremendous.

The reason I have taken this tact is because this thread is quickly becoming just another mass suggestion thread as to how to improve the game or change it or whatever ... and that is all debatable with some being good and others not so much so.  But in the end, will any of the suggestions regarding the game remedy the animosity members have towards the management because they feel as if they no longer care because they have been seemingly absent for some time now?  No.

#50 2009-01-06 12:25:38

SayOw
PM  Website

peterjar001 wrote:

They need to start focusing on the real problems in this game. The only time i've seen the mods lately is when their interfearing in off topic threads. IMO they need to spend less time in the Off Topic forum and start focusing on the real issues with the game, which is in the suggestions forum and what not.

This is my primary point...

The only time a mod is seen these days is when a thread, which usually has nothing to do with CR, gets totally out of control ...

They simply need to be around and provide the basic customer service this site needs.

Board footer