Court Rivals Forums

An open forum to discuss issues related to Court Rivals!

You are not logged in.

#376 2009-08-06 16:07:46

marv88harrison
Member
Al Michaels
Retired Bullets
Accomplishments: 30
From: State College, PA
Registered: 2008-08-31
Posts: 6517
PM  Website

Re: Greasemonkey Suggestions

Someone pointed out to me recently that athleticism dos not ork correctly on the team page update but I don't have their numbers anymore. Could someone who has athleticism PM me their attributes, skills, chem, sliders, and what the script says so I can figure out what is going on?


Al Michaels | The Baltimore Bullets
Mike Carey | Candy Trafficking Task Force

Offline

 

#377 2009-08-06 16:19:56

SwaggerJ
Member
Black "Steady" Rain
Full Eclipse
Accomplishments: 60
From: NJ
Registered: 2008-12-19
Posts: 4208
PM

Re: Greasemonkey Suggestions

marv88harrison wrote:

Ok, I could also make it sort of like a form to make it easier to store notes for large numbers of people. Thoughts on that and if you think it is a good idea how should it be laid out?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean... How would "large numbers of people" access it?


http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/2007.jpg

8 Rings: CTTF(J) (8, 9, 10, 14, 16) - FE(B) (12) - CRAP(W) (13) - RKBB(B) (15)

Offline

 

#378 2009-08-06 16:26:42

marv88harrison
Member
Al Michaels
Retired Bullets
Accomplishments: 30
From: State College, PA
Registered: 2008-08-31
Posts: 6517
PM  Website

Re: Greasemonkey Suggestions

Yeah I didn't say that very well. I could create a form that would make it easier to organize notes for people who have a large number of players. What I am saying is that a simple text box might ot do the trick when you have a whole bunch of players so a form that helps organize things might be needed. If so how should it be laid out?


Al Michaels | The Baltimore Bullets
Mike Carey | Candy Trafficking Task Force

Offline

 

#379 2009-08-06 18:16:08

SwaggerJ
Member
Black "Steady" Rain
Full Eclipse
Accomplishments: 60
From: NJ
Registered: 2008-12-19
Posts: 4208
PM

Re: Greasemonkey Suggestions

marv88harrison wrote:

Yeah I didn't say that very well. I could create a form that would make it easier to organize notes for people who have a large number of players. What I am saying is that a simple text box might ot do the trick when you have a whole bunch of players so a form that helps organize things might be needed. If so how should it be laid out?

How about make it have the ability to add "notes" to your dashboard, like a post it. You would type something in the box, hit "Add Note" and note would appear under your dashboard somewhere. You could do that as many times as you want and it would keep adding notes. You would be able to edit and delete each note when you want. It wouldn't have to be too fancy, each note would just be a colored box (maybe add the ability to make them different colors as well?) arranged to fit under your dashboard.

I'm not sure how feasible any of this is to code and I'm sure this is getting away from the simple script you initially thought of, but hey what can I say, I'm a visionary wink


http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/2007.jpg

8 Rings: CTTF(J) (8, 9, 10, 14, 16) - FE(B) (12) - CRAP(W) (13) - RKBB(B) (15)

Offline

 

#380 2009-08-06 22:07:03

marv88harrison
Member
Al Michaels
Retired Bullets
Accomplishments: 30
From: State College, PA
Registered: 2008-08-31
Posts: 6517
PM  Website

Re: Greasemonkey Suggestions

Well I sort of like it when the people who help me develop ideas are optimistic with their visions so I guess I can't fault you there. Just to be clear, you want some where to write "notes" about the player you are on and have them show up on the dashboard? So you would write the notes on say the gym page or player page etc in a box somewhere and then they would be displayed on the dashboard? I like the concept but the implementation would probably be a nightmare. I guess if I made it a fixed number of notes I could probably get something to run.

What sort of things do you see people writing notes about though? I mean I'm sure there could be some things that would be helpful to jot down quickly but most of the time when I write stuff down its much longer than a couple words. Would you also have it automatically attach the trained points for that player at the time of the note? I think that by itself would be enough. That info would be stored every time someone visits the gym for one of their players (that way it doesn't take any requests) and that would mean every time they visit the dashboard the script could display their trained points as of the last time they were on each player's gym page. And actually I could have it look at the queue when they are on the gym page and based on the time it could probably accurately predict what their trained points are at. The problem would be that if people are on different computers it wouldn't work. The other idea wouldn't either though.

Ok, thats enough. Thoughts?


Al Michaels | The Baltimore Bullets
Mike Carey | Candy Trafficking Task Force

Offline

 

#381 2009-08-06 22:13:06

Crashnburn_
Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: New Jersey
Registered: 2009-06-11
Posts: 5215
PM

Re: Greasemonkey Suggestions

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but is it possible to add Opponents' FG% and 3pt% to the NextMatchup script?


http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/37651.jpg

Offline

 

#382 2009-08-06 22:29:59

SwaggerJ
Member
Black "Steady" Rain
Full Eclipse
Accomplishments: 60
From: NJ
Registered: 2008-12-19
Posts: 4208
PM

Re: Greasemonkey Suggestions

marv88harrison wrote:

Well I sort of like it when the people who help me develop ideas are optimistic with their visions so I guess I can't fault you there. Just to be clear, you want some where to write "notes" about the player you are on and have them show up on the dashboard? So you would write the notes on say the gym page or player page etc in a box somewhere and then they would be displayed on the dashboard? I like the concept but the implementation would probably be a nightmare. I guess if I made it a fixed number of notes I could probably get something to run.

What sort of things do you see people writing notes about though? I mean I'm sure there could be some things that would be helpful to jot down quickly but most of the time when I write stuff down its much longer than a couple words. Would you also have it automatically attach the trained points for that player at the time of the note? I think that by itself would be enough. That info would be stored every time someone visits the gym for one of their players (that way it doesn't take any requests) and that would mean every time they visit the dashboard the script could display their trained points as of the last time they were on each player's gym page. And actually I could have it look at the queue when they are on the gym page and based on the time it could probably accurately predict what their trained points are at. The problem would be that if people are on different computers it wouldn't work. The other idea wouldn't either though.

Ok, thats enough. Thoughts?

I was just thinking you would do everything from the dash, which would make things easier to code, but it probably makes more sense to do it the way you just described


http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/2007.jpg

8 Rings: CTTF(J) (8, 9, 10, 14, 16) - FE(B) (12) - CRAP(W) (13) - RKBB(B) (15)

Offline

 

#383 2009-08-07 00:01:46

marv88harrison
Member
Al Michaels
Retired Bullets
Accomplishments: 30
From: State College, PA
Registered: 2008-08-31
Posts: 6517
PM  Website

Re: Greasemonkey Suggestions

ok, thoughts attaching the trained points? It would be from the last time you logged onto each player's gym page and it could conceivably project your trained points based on your queue at the time. It would be off if you train on multiple computers or have people guest train for you though.


Al Michaels | The Baltimore Bullets
Mike Carey | Candy Trafficking Task Force

Offline

 

#384 2009-08-07 00:50:44

reddog
Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: Michigan
Registered: 2009-05-23
Posts: 144
PM

Re: Greasemonkey Suggestions

The ability to have a little note pad for each player page so I can track my plan for my player with my notes

Offline

 

#385 2009-08-07 10:51:48

SwaggerJ
Member
Black "Steady" Rain
Full Eclipse
Accomplishments: 60
From: NJ
Registered: 2008-12-19
Posts: 4208
PM

Re: Greasemonkey Suggestions

marv88harrison wrote:

ok, thoughts attaching the trained points? It would be from the last time you logged onto each player's gym page and it could conceivably project your trained points based on your queue at the time. It would be off if you train on multiple computers or have people guest train for you though.

Trained points would be useful... but now it's got me thinking of another idea...

This would be most useful for captains, but could be used by anyone. It would run on the team stats page (The same page your Team page update runs on). There would be a button or something (Log TP totals), and when you click it, it logs the amount of everyone on the teams TP. This would be logged into a table below which would have a history of what you've logged (maybe just the last 5 or 10 entries). I'm thinking it would look something like this:


Code:

          Date -  8/1/2009         8/2/2009         8/2/2009         8/3/2009         8/6/2009
          Time -   8:06 PM          9:42 AM          3:25 PM          2:13 AM         12:57 PM

Player
-------
Joe Schmoe             642              654              655              658              681
John Doe               654              660              663              670              686
Blas Femer             710              714              715              715              715
Jack Daniels           695              700              704              714              738
Jim Beam               700              700              700              702              716

Obviously, there would be 5 more players on this, but you get the idea.

So this example shows that the last time you clicked the button was on 8/6/2009 at 12:57 PM, and you can see that Blas Femer hasn't trained since 8/2!

Is this feasible? I know this kind of went off on a tangent, but that's just how my mind works wink


http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/2007.jpg

8 Rings: CTTF(J) (8, 9, 10, 14, 16) - FE(B) (12) - CRAP(W) (13) - RKBB(B) (15)

Offline

 

#386 2009-08-07 11:05:19

marv88harrison
Member
Al Michaels
Retired Bullets
Accomplishments: 30
From: State College, PA
Registered: 2008-08-31
Posts: 6517
PM  Website

Re: Greasemonkey Suggestions

Feasible? Sure. If peopled used this on all of their teams and had many players on many teams that would be a lot of items the script would be storing on their computer. I'm also not sure handing captains this ability is that good of an idea. IMO this is the sort of training monitoring you should have to work for.


Al Michaels | The Baltimore Bullets
Mike Carey | Candy Trafficking Task Force

Offline

 

#387 2009-08-11 09:47:31

SwaggerJ
Member
Black "Steady" Rain
Full Eclipse
Accomplishments: 60
From: NJ
Registered: 2008-12-19
Posts: 4208
PM

Re: Greasemonkey Suggestions

marv88harrison wrote:

Feasible? Sure. If peopled used this on all of their teams and had many players on many teams that would be a lot of items the script would be storing on their computer. I'm also not sure handing captains this ability is that good of an idea. IMO this is the sort of training monitoring you should have to work for.

Perhaps... what about the notes idea?

Last edited by SwaggerJ (2009-08-11 09:47:55)


http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/2007.jpg

8 Rings: CTTF(J) (8, 9, 10, 14, 16) - FE(B) (12) - CRAP(W) (13) - RKBB(B) (15)

Offline

 

#388 2009-08-11 09:52:14

marv88harrison
Member
Al Michaels
Retired Bullets
Accomplishments: 30
From: State College, PA
Registered: 2008-08-31
Posts: 6517
PM  Website

Re: Greasemonkey Suggestions

Its a possibility. This week I don't have the time though


Al Michaels | The Baltimore Bullets
Mike Carey | Candy Trafficking Task Force

Offline

 

#389 2009-08-11 10:05:24

SwaggerJ
Member
Black "Steady" Rain
Full Eclipse
Accomplishments: 60
From: NJ
Registered: 2008-12-19
Posts: 4208
PM

Re: Greasemonkey Suggestions

marv88harrison wrote:

Its a possibility. This week I don't have the time though

Unacceptable


http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/2007.jpg

8 Rings: CTTF(J) (8, 9, 10, 14, 16) - FE(B) (12) - CRAP(W) (13) - RKBB(B) (15)

Offline

 

#390 2009-08-12 04:44:11

Rubynator
Member
Lights Out
Thatswhatshesaid
Accomplishments: 20
Registered: 2008-08-20
Posts: 144
PM

Re: Greasemonkey Suggestions

Suggestions:

Best of 3 during playoffs
Those 3 games will be played in a day.
And matchups where you can compare teams next to each other.

Offline

 

#391 2009-08-12 10:33:45

Punk42AE
Member
Super Nova
Nova Reborn
Accomplishments: 45
Registered: 2008-04-23
Posts: 2219
PM

Re: Greasemonkey Suggestions

Rubynator wrote:

Suggestions:

Best of 3 during playoffs
Those 3 games will be played in a day.
And matchups where you can compare teams next to each other.

This is greasemonkey stuff to "Improve" different visual things on the site.  Not a suggestion for the game, that's at the bottom of the forums.

Offline

 

#392 2009-08-12 13:01:39

Crashnburn_
Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: New Jersey
Registered: 2009-06-11
Posts: 5215
PM

Re: Greasemonkey Suggestions

Punk42AE wrote:

Rubynator wrote:

Suggestions:

Best of 3 during playoffs
Those 3 games will be played in a day.
And matchups where you can compare teams next to each other.

This is greasemonkey stuff to "Improve" different visual things on the site.  Not a suggestion for the game, that's at the bottom of the forums.

Plus there's already a greasemonkey script to compare your next opponent.


http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/37651.jpg

Offline

 

#393 2009-08-17 15:19:00

SamBowie
Member
El Dreamo
SLAMMIN IN TAHITI
Accomplishments: 21
Registered: 2009-07-01
Posts: 829
PM

Re: Greasemonkey Suggestions

SwaggerJ wrote:

marv88harrison wrote:

ok, thoughts attaching the trained points? It would be from the last time you logged onto each player's gym page and it could conceivably project your trained points based on your queue at the time. It would be off if you train on multiple computers or have people guest train for you though.

Trained points would be useful... but now it's got me thinking of another idea...

This would be most useful for captains, but could be used by anyone. It would run on the team stats page (The same page your Team page update runs on). There would be a button or something (Log TP totals), and when you click it, it logs the amount of everyone on the teams TP. This would be logged into a table below which would have a history of what you've logged (maybe just the last 5 or 10 entries). I'm thinking it would look something like this:


Code:

          Date -  8/1/2009         8/2/2009         8/2/2009         8/3/2009         8/6/2009
          Time -   8:06 PM          9:42 AM          3:25 PM          2:13 AM         12:57 PM

Player
-------
Joe Schmoe             642              654              655              658              681
John Doe               654              660              663              670              686
Blas Femer             710              714              715              715              715
Jack Daniels           695              700              704              714              738
Jim Beam               700              700              700              702              716

Obviously, there would be 5 more players on this, but you get the idea.

So this example shows that the last time you clicked the button was on 8/6/2009 at 12:57 PM, and you can see that Blas Femer hasn't trained since 8/2!

Is this feasible? I know this kind of went off on a tangent, but that's just how my mind works wink

I came here to request this as well since marv has covered basically everything else I wanted.  If he doesn't want to do it though, then I guess I'll just have to learn how to code sad

Offline

 

#394 2009-09-12 01:56:46

ToFuSmurF
Papa Smurf
John Loh
Ballin for Dummies
Accomplishments: 28
Registered: 2008-09-17
Posts: 12859
PM

Re: Greasemonkey Suggestions

Man I really wish that Marv guy could add a column for your players total train points on the dashboard tongue


Season 10 & 11 Kareem Champions: Just Blaze Season 14 & 15 Champions: Boom Goes The Odenite
Season 12 Bird Champions: Full Eclipse Season 15 Champions: RK Beer Barons
Season 16 West Champions: Even Money
Ballin 4 Dummies (Season 12): 41-1 Regular Season Record

Offline

 

#395 2009-09-12 02:28:15

marv88harrison
Member
Al Michaels
Retired Bullets
Accomplishments: 30
From: State College, PA
Registered: 2008-08-31
Posts: 6517
PM  Website

Re: Greasemonkey Suggestions

Ugh, atm I don't think thats going to happen.


Al Michaels | The Baltimore Bullets
Mike Carey | Candy Trafficking Task Force

Offline

 

#396 2009-09-12 02:30:16

ToFuSmurF
Papa Smurf
John Loh
Ballin for Dummies
Accomplishments: 28
Registered: 2008-09-17
Posts: 12859
PM

Re: Greasemonkey Suggestions

marv88harrison wrote:

Ugh, atm I don't think thats going to happen.

Suck it Trebek!


Season 10 & 11 Kareem Champions: Just Blaze Season 14 & 15 Champions: Boom Goes The Odenite
Season 12 Bird Champions: Full Eclipse Season 15 Champions: RK Beer Barons
Season 16 West Champions: Even Money
Ballin 4 Dummies (Season 12): 41-1 Regular Season Record

Offline

 

#397 2009-09-12 02:40:38

Punk42AE
Member
Super Nova
Nova Reborn
Accomplishments: 45
Registered: 2008-04-23
Posts: 2219
PM

Re: Greasemonkey Suggestions

That's what your mom was saying to me last night Trebek!

Offline

 

#398 2009-09-12 02:47:00

ToFuSmurF
Papa Smurf
John Loh
Ballin for Dummies
Accomplishments: 28
Registered: 2008-09-17
Posts: 12859
PM

Re: Greasemonkey Suggestions

I'll have the penis mightier!


Season 10 & 11 Kareem Champions: Just Blaze Season 14 & 15 Champions: Boom Goes The Odenite
Season 12 Bird Champions: Full Eclipse Season 15 Champions: RK Beer Barons
Season 16 West Champions: Even Money
Ballin 4 Dummies (Season 12): 41-1 Regular Season Record

Offline

 

#399 2009-09-12 11:12:06

SuperSlicer
Member
Ancient Killer Wombat
Bright Side of the Sun
Accomplishments: 29
From: Brisbane
Registered: 2008-06-13
Posts: 5366
PM  Website

Re: Greasemonkey Suggestions

Howsabouts a script that reminds us of unused skill points when accessing the gym? Or, as an alternative, an extra dashboard column for "unused SPs". Or, if that fails, a total TP column would be nearly as helpful smile


Season 8 - RotLW championship, WWWC runners-up
Season 10 - SHIT runners-up
Season 11 - Just Blaze championship, Always Ballin championship
Season 13 - Tanks championship

Offline

 

#400 2009-09-23 19:25:49

Crashnburn_
Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: New Jersey
Registered: 2009-06-11
Posts: 5215
PM

Re: Greasemonkey Suggestions

Anyway to unmilitary time the mail system?


http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/37651.jpg

Offline

 

Board footer

Powered by PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2005 Rickard Andersson