Court Rivals Forums

An open forum to discuss issues related to Court Rivals!

You are not logged in.

#26 2009-10-16 22:19:58

OctaneHugo
Accomplishments: 0
PM

Re: My First NBA Game

Hockey is awesome, but I've never been to an NHL game.

#27 2009-10-16 22:28:06

gochiefwahoo14
PM

I have been to about 10 NBA games. The only college I have ever been to a basketball game is Cleveland State, u went to there games about 5 times. I prefer going to Minor League games instead of Pro's. Its a better atmosphere and tickets are way cheaper. Likewise I go to alot of Akron Aeros games and Lake Erie Crushers (Frontier League Champions.) I have been to 2 College Football games. OSU vs. Toledo in Cleveland this year and probably my favorite sporting event ever was Ohio State vs. Michigan in 2006 (in Ann Arbor)

"They're gonna be poised, were gonna be more poised, they're gonna work hard, were gonna work harder, they gonna have fun, we gonna have more fun, they gonna try hard, were gonna win" -Eric Snow

#28 2009-10-17 00:07:36

Raj Da Dodge
PM

Crashnburn_ wrote:

I find NBA games extremely boring, especially when compared to highschool or college games.

its cuz nobody has passion for teams like u do for your HS or college team, here pro sports is just for entertainment, there are rare people where you're a HUGE fan like me and how much a team means to u as much as the Rockets mean to me, there aren't many people like that in America. Like when I go to a Rockets game, I'm like in a whole different world, I'm in my own world cuz its sooooo much fun for me when I go to Toyota Center, its just amazing for me. Like I dont sit the whole game, if people behind me me to sit, I just ignore them cuz if you wanted to sit, you wouldn't have come all the way here and payed like $50-$70 bucks for ticket and like $25 bucks for parking just to sit and watch...if u wanted to sit, you could've stayed home and watched on your tv...so I take Rockets games seriously...for me I LOVE goin to them...

#29 2009-10-17 01:06:43

zobel.jake
PM

OctaneHugo wrote:

you should go to a hockey game if you've never been.  The games I've been to have been great.  Plus, hockey is much, much better in person.  Also, If you like Philadelphia, the flyers have been pretty good this year.

Dunkducks- Season 10 South Region Champs
TheSportsStuff.com- Season 12 Kareem League Champs

#30 2009-10-17 01:16:26

OmnikinSA
PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkvTLOhm-TQ

remember that?  best first nba game ever.  free tickets too.

#31 2009-10-17 01:21:51

Raj Da Dodge
PM

OmnikinSA wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkvTLOhm-TQ

remember that?  best first nba game ever.  free tickets too.

wow if you were at that game! soo lucky! how'd u get free tickets to that??? Also that'd be the best first of something in my life lol...

#32 2009-10-17 01:28:00

Crashnburn_
PM

team rohan wrote:

Only times watching sport on tv beats watching it live are:

1) Outdoor game and the weather sucks. Not a huge issue, but sometimes u just cbf going to the game if u can watch it while staying warm and dry at home.

2) Too tired to go to a game...

3) Long sports such as cricket and car racing are often more enjoyable at home. Cos you can channel surf/have a break etc. Although they can still make an enjoyable day out.

That said, lately I haven't been bothering with many live AFL games. It is costly and can be a bit of a hassle. I would prefer to watch local football, where the quality is still high and its much cheaper. Easier to get to/from and AAMI stadium is a concrete shit hole.

But if I do ever go to the USA I will try and go to a few live basketball and NFL games. Maybe baseball as well... Plus a boxing match at MSG would be pretty cool.

I'd have to highly recommend going to an early NCAA tournament game, to get the feel of a game with a local student body. It's a great thing to be a part of.

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/37651.jpg

#33 2009-10-17 09:10:49

OctaneHugo
PM

zobel.jake wrote:

OctaneHugo wrote:

you should go to a hockey game if you've never been.  The games I've been to have been great.  Plus, hockey is much, much better in person.  Also, If you like Philadelphia, the flyers have been pretty good this year.

I saw the Boardwalk Bullies several times before they moved and it was really great, tickets were around $10, I think. And those weren't terrible seats: maybe 10-12 rows away from the glass, right in the middle. Perfect seats. I saw them during their championship season, actually. Problem is NHL tickets are horribly expensive, since that's where the league's revenue comes from.

The Bullies move, the Surf folded this year (shoulda seen it coming when their stadium went from "The Sandcastle" to "Bernie Robbins Stadium" hmm), there's nowhere to go for cheap sports anymore.

EDIT: And no, the Seagulls are not still operating. What the truck, they thought a team in a high school gym would work? I'm pretty sure the players had to buy their own uniforms.

Last edited by OctaneHugo (2009-10-17 09:13:01)

#34 2009-10-17 10:11:39

gochiefwahoo14
PM

I had season tickets on the ice almost right behind the goal. Its sooo much better then watching on TV, especially for the hits, when ur on the glass, you can hear everything and i got about 10 pucks from after the game when players would skate by and toss em over. But now i dont get to go alot but cause the Cleveland Barons folded and now its the Lake Erie Monsters.

"They're gonna be poised, were gonna be more poised, they're gonna work hard, were gonna work harder, they gonna have fun, we gonna have more fun, they gonna try hard, were gonna win" -Eric Snow

#35 2009-10-17 15:38:28

cane__boy
PM

ive been to a couple pre season games before just because the tickets were free but I dont think ive ever had a better time or a more exciting time then the overtime magic lakers game i went to last year it was i believe game 3 or 4 of the finals i cant remember, and im not even a magic fan.

F-Air up there-Scottish Superstars     F-Saul Silver-Speedsters     G-Rebecca The Walrus-ROTLW     G-Beccas Secret Lover-Bgirls Lovers

SuperSlicer, ToFuSmurf, Dchan, and Truballa are 4 cool Dudes
http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/25283.jpg

#36 2009-10-17 20:10:05

roflhog123
PM

Crashnburn_ wrote:

I find NBA games extremely boring, especially when compared to highschool or college games.

would you like me to introduce you to the playoffs?

#37 2009-10-18 01:06:14

t-man10
PM

Crashnburn_ wrote:

team rohan wrote:

Only times watching sport on tv beats watching it live are:

1) Outdoor game and the weather sucks. Not a huge issue, but sometimes u just cbf going to the game if u can watch it while staying warm and dry at home.

2) Too tired to go to a game...

3) Long sports such as cricket and car racing are often more enjoyable at home. Cos you can channel surf/have a break etc. Although they can still make an enjoyable day out.

That said, lately I haven't been bothering with many live AFL games. It is costly and can be a bit of a hassle. I would prefer to watch local football, where the quality is still high and its much cheaper. Easier to get to/from and AAMI stadium is a concrete shit hole.

But if I do ever go to the USA I will try and go to a few live basketball and NFL games. Maybe baseball as well... Plus a boxing match at MSG would be pretty cool.

I'd have to highly recommend going to an early NCAA tournament game, to get the feel of a game with a local student body. It's a great thing to be a part of.

I went to the 2006 Final Four. I had my UK gear on, and we sat in the Florida section...lol.

Hard Work beats talent, when talent fails to work hard.
t-man10=first to 10,000 posts

In Honor of NySportsRule. Keep Fighting, buddy.

#38 2009-10-18 01:43:49

Odom
PM

First NBA Game.. was a pre season game also.. Kings vs Lakers, my only memory of it is when Rick Fox and Doug Christie fought lol

"Love me or hate me, it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, my swagger. Hate my fadeaway, my hunger. Hate that I'm a veteran. A champion. Hate that. Hate it with all your heart. And hate that I'm loved, for the exact same reasons," - Kobe Bryant

Board footer