Court Rivals Forums

An open forum to discuss issues related to Court Rivals!

You are not logged in.

#51 2009-01-17 03:45:08

CJ-GSF
Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: Philippines
Registered: 2008-09-16
Posts: 6129
PM

Re: Best Video Game Storyline

aklo wrote:

CJ-GSF wrote:

Fate/Stay Night >_>

laro ba ya? kalo ko palabas lang...

opo, Visual Novel smile

Last edited by CJ-GSF (2009-01-17 03:45:37)


http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/11999.jpg
"False tears bring pain to those around you. A false smile brings pain to one self."
-- C.C.

Offline

 

#52 2009-01-17 04:06:04

cubsws5
Member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2008-09-06
Posts: 223
PM

Re: Best Video Game Storyline

Slightly Hyphy wrote:

Final Fantasy 7. NO QUESTION!

holy shit - okay, we agree FF7 was the FUCKING SHIT


http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/11088.jpg

Offline

 

#53 2009-01-17 04:23:09

ToFuSmurF
Papa Smurf
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2008-09-17
Posts: 12859
PM

Re: Best Video Game Storyline

Star Wars: KOTOR (First one more so than the second)
BOTH Gears of War
Dead Space


Season 10 & 11 Kareem Champions: Just Blaze Season 14 & 15 Champions: Boom Goes The Odenite
Season 12 Bird Champions: Full Eclipse Season 15 Champions: RK Beer Barons
Season 16 West Champions: Even Money
Ballin 4 Dummies (Season 12): 41-1 Regular Season Record

Offline

 

#54 2009-01-17 08:11:30

drcherry
Member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2008-06-01
Posts: 2406
PM

Re: Best Video Game Storyline

I heard Dead Space was a really good game, just never had the time or will to rent the game. 

I still have yet to be realy scared by a game.  I mean games get me to jump, when something suprises you.

Closest i have every got to getting to any emotion on a game was at the end of MGS4.  Snakes "One Final Mission," for the people that have played the game.  That part really got to me.


Before the last Super Bowl, Bill Beelicheck told his team, "Let's win this one for real, let's not cheat!".
                                              "What happened?"
                                                    They lost.
http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/2009.jpg

Offline

 

#55 2009-01-17 09:15:34

Tesche
Scourge of the Seven Seas
Accomplishments: 0
From: Columbia, SC
Registered: 2008-05-21
Posts: 7517
PM

Re: Best Video Game Storyline

I haven't read the whole thread, but I'm throwing in votes for Final Fantasy 2 , closely followed by Final Fantasy 3 (Using American Numbering, 5 & 6 using the Japanese numbering).  Story wise, these killed FF7, visually they are subpar (being SNES/Super Famicom) so they tend to get slighted in favor of 7.
Also, Portal (just to prove a FPS/Puzzle hybrid can have an awesome story (though I guess it was really more about the delivery of the story than the story itself).
And finally, though I may add more later on, Shadow of the Collossus, a game that's ending truly surprised me deserves some recognition.

And no, never have played the Metal Gear games, though I keep meaning to go pick up the anthology...

For LULZ...Court Rivals has the best story line ever!  What team will theChamp join next?  Who will lose to the Franchise Underdogs tomorrow? Who is next to get cut from Franchise Underdogs by their stone-cold Turk?  What non-observable modification will Kazz make to the sim next?  How good is TheGodfather?  Will Kimbo ever be unbanned again? Who will skip school/work in order to watch playoff PBP?  All these and more, this season on COURT RIVALS (viewer discression is advised).

Last edited by Tesche (2009-01-17 09:24:27)


http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/1308.jpg
"This thread has officially given me a semi." - Lord Rott

Offline

 

#56 2009-01-17 12:35:49

Jdog2313
Member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2008-10-19
Posts: 6096
PM

Re: Best Video Game Storyline

pokemon ftw


big_smile

Offline

 

#57 2009-01-17 12:47:52

MyNetsForLife
Member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2008-04-16
Posts: 11926
PM

Re: Best Video Game Storyline

Deadspace


Pat led the passing with 7 assists, and his usual steady defensive play held the opposing first squad to no double-digit point getters. He was heard running down the court screaming "If I can't score, you won't either!"

There's a 50% chance of getting either live or die. Obviously you're more likely to die, but if there are two options there is a 50% chance of getting either. -SH

Offline

 

#58 2009-01-17 12:49:19

EricF
Press Member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2008-07-12
Posts: 2081
PM

Re: Best Video Game Storyline

God of War Series is a good storyline!!!


Offline

 

#59 2009-01-17 12:55:24

kindacool107
Banned
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2008-05-14
Posts: 5429
PM

Re: Best Video Game Storyline

Tesche wrote:

I haven't read the whole thread, but I'm throwing in votes for Final Fantasy 2 , closely followed by Final Fantasy 3 (Using American Numbering, 5 & 6 using the Japanese numbering).  Story wise, these killed FF7, visually they are subpar (being SNES/Super Famicom) so they tend to get slighted in favor of 7.
Also, Portal (just to prove a FPS/Puzzle hybrid can have an awesome story (though I guess it was really more about the delivery of the story than the story itself).
And finally, though I may add more later on, Shadow of the Collossus, a game that's ending truly surprised me deserves some recognition.

And no, never have played the Metal Gear games, though I keep meaning to go pick up the anthology...

For LULZ...Court Rivals has the best story line ever!  What team will theChamp join next?  Who will lose to the Franchise Underdogs tomorrow? Who is next to get cut from Franchise Underdogs by their stone-cold Turk?  What non-observable modification will Kazz make to the sim next?  How good is TheGodfather?  Will Kimbo ever be unbanned again? Who will skip school/work in order to watch playoff PBP?  All these and more, this season on COURT RIVALS (viewer discression is advised).

oh my god i am in the middle of finishing shadow of the colossus...3 months ago. i dropped it in the middle cuz its so boring(except the giant killing) but it got me so bored trecking places to fight a monster for 30 minutes. then treck again. then monster ahhhhh...the redundancy!


I don't cross boundaries...I walk ON them.

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/755.jpg

Offline

 

#60 2009-01-17 13:20:54

imaking
Member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2008-07-04
Posts: 453
PM

Re: Best Video Game Storyline

Metal Gear Series
Final Fantasy right behind them!


http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/6025.jpg

Offline

 

#61 2009-01-17 13:52:54

wayniac
Member
Accomplishments: 0
From: NYC
Registered: 2008-05-10
Posts: 3446
PM

Re: Best Video Game Storyline

F.E.A.R. was pretty tight for a FPS with a decent story


The Warrior is Back!!
http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/245.jpg
http://11strong.com/account/signup?referral=wayniac Great Soccer MMO

Offline

 

#62 2009-01-17 13:53:51

OctaneHugo
Member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2008-06-11
Posts: 8979
PM

Re: Best Video Game Storyline

Any love for Wolfenstein? tongue


Offline

 

#63 2009-01-17 14:14:52

Matz
The King
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2008-08-05
Posts: 7346
PM

Re: Best Video Game Storyline

Hitman Blood Money


http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/1029.jpg

Captain: The Royal Knights   

Offline

 

#64 2009-01-17 14:25:49

Tesche
Scourge of the Seven Seas
Accomplishments: 0
From: Columbia, SC
Registered: 2008-05-21
Posts: 7517
PM

Re: Best Video Game Storyline

kindacool107 wrote:

Tesche wrote:

I haven't read the whole thread, but I'm throwing in votes for Final Fantasy 2 , closely followed by Final Fantasy 3 (Using American Numbering, 5 & 6 using the Japanese numbering).  Story wise, these killed FF7, visually they are subpar (being SNES/Super Famicom) so they tend to get slighted in favor of 7.
Also, Portal (just to prove a FPS/Puzzle hybrid can have an awesome story (though I guess it was really more about the delivery of the story than the story itself).
And finally, though I may add more later on, Shadow of the Collossus, a game that's ending truly surprised me deserves some recognition.

And no, never have played the Metal Gear games, though I keep meaning to go pick up the anthology...

For LULZ...Court Rivals has the best story line ever!  What team will theChamp join next?  Who will lose to the Franchise Underdogs tomorrow? Who is next to get cut from Franchise Underdogs by their stone-cold Turk?  What non-observable modification will Kazz make to the sim next?  How good is TheGodfather?  Will Kimbo ever be unbanned again? Who will skip school/work in order to watch playoff PBP?  All these and more, this season on COURT RIVALS (viewer discression is advised).

oh my god i am in the middle of finishing shadow of the colossus...3 months ago. i dropped it in the middle cuz its so boring(except the giant killing) but it got me so bored trecking places to fight a monster for 30 minutes. then treck again. then monster ahhhhh...the redundancy!

Payoff is totally worth it, and some of the colosi (sp?) are totally awesome battles...some are boring, I'll give you that, but just as many, if not more, are epic.


http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/1308.jpg
"This thread has officially given me a semi." - Lord Rott

Offline

 

#65 2009-01-17 15:18:00

kindacool107
Banned
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2008-05-14
Posts: 5429
PM

Re: Best Video Game Storyline

Tesche wrote:

kindacool107 wrote:

Tesche wrote:

I haven't read the whole thread, but I'm throwing in votes for Final Fantasy 2 , closely followed by Final Fantasy 3 (Using American Numbering, 5 & 6 using the Japanese numbering).  Story wise, these killed FF7, visually they are subpar (being SNES/Super Famicom) so they tend to get slighted in favor of 7.
Also, Portal (just to prove a FPS/Puzzle hybrid can have an awesome story (though I guess it was really more about the delivery of the story than the story itself).
And finally, though I may add more later on, Shadow of the Collossus, a game that's ending truly surprised me deserves some recognition.

And no, never have played the Metal Gear games, though I keep meaning to go pick up the anthology...

For LULZ...Court Rivals has the best story line ever!  What team will theChamp join next?  Who will lose to the Franchise Underdogs tomorrow? Who is next to get cut from Franchise Underdogs by their stone-cold Turk?  What non-observable modification will Kazz make to the sim next?  How good is TheGodfather?  Will Kimbo ever be unbanned again? Who will skip school/work in order to watch playoff PBP?  All these and more, this season on COURT RIVALS (viewer discression is advised).

oh my god i am in the middle of finishing shadow of the colossus...3 months ago. i dropped it in the middle cuz its so boring(except the giant killing) but it got me so bored trecking places to fight a monster for 30 minutes. then treck again. then monster ahhhhh...the redundancy!

Payoff is totally worth it, and some of the colosi (sp?) are totally awesome battles...some are boring, I'll give you that, but just as many, if not more, are epic.

its like all the bosses are worthy of 10. but everything else is a 1. i should finish that game but i'm finishing p4 right now.


I don't cross boundaries...I walk ON them.

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/755.jpg

Offline

 

#66 2009-01-17 15:54:41

eeboy10
Banned
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2008-07-23
Posts: 766
PM

Re: Best Video Game Storyline

Star War: KOTOR
Lord of the Rings Conquest evil side (just beat it one night with my friend good and bad but have to back for achievements)

Offline

 

#67 2009-01-17 16:26:11

Jdog2313
Member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2008-10-19
Posts: 6096
PM

Re: Best Video Game Storyline

eeboy10 wrote:

Star War: KOTOR
Lord of the Rings Conquest evil side (just beat it one night with my friend good and bad but have to back for achievements)

i love kotor


big_smile

Offline

 

#68 2011-12-21 02:43:59

ericwilliam
New member
Accomplishments: 0
Registered: 2011-11-21
Posts: 2
PM

Re: Best Video Game Storyline

I want to know what you think is the best video game series in the world is. Do you think metal gear solid is the best video game series in the world?

Best Video Game Series

Offline

 

Board footer

Powered by PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2005 Rickard Andersson