Court Rivals Forums

An open forum to discuss issues related to Court Rivals!

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-06-16 03:42:22

Harbour
Captain Kiwi
Accomplishments: 0
PM  Website

Few Questions

Hey guys, was hoping you could help me out - I've been away a little while - Not really sure what's going on since there's only the wiki and that is pretty underdeveloped. It's still at the stage it was when I was on last over 2 years ago.

So yeah, this is for West League..Any help would be awesome.

* Sliders: What (if any) effect do they have now?
* Player Skills: Where do you guys tend you place them now that they are only worth 5%?
* Chemistries: Is it still popular to beef up your main attribute for high chemistries? I understand they aren't multiplicative in West anymore? They add a constant 30 on each level (I think I read that)?
* Perks: What are they? How do you get them? What are they for? Are they effective?
* Team Builds: What's with all the funky team builds now? Is the prevailing strategy high mains or more balanced?
* Rollback: Is it true that you start exactly the same every season regardless of what you did the previous season with your attributes? ie a 7'1 Blocker and 7'1 Rebounder will rollback to the exact same attributes at the beginning of next season?
* Teams: What's with all the one user teams? And why is there so little teams that are actually active? Only like 5. Is there a reason for this? What can be done to get more users involved in West - especially if it doesn't cost that much and you don't need to train endurance?

Any answers would be helpful - Cheers guys.

5 Rings (S6 Franchise Underdogs, S8 Franchise Underdogs, S16 Even Money, S18 The Studmuffin Bakery, S45 Franchise Connection)
2 MVPs, 1 Finals MVP, 2 DPoY, S10 Sportsmanship

#2 2013-06-16 06:52:23

MenZ
Saturn Ascends
PM

Re: Few Questions

Harbour wrote:

Hey guys, was hoping you could help me out - I've been away a little while - Not really sure what's going on since there's only the wiki and that is pretty underdeveloped. It's still at the stage it was when I was on last over 2 years ago.

So yeah, this is for West League..Any help would be awesome.

* Sliders: What (if any) effect do they have now?

You cannot slide sim value around with sliders. Instead, it affects player habits much moreso than in Classic/Jordan.

* Player Skills: Where do you guys tend you place them now that they are only worth 5%?

My team still places them in main/secondaries. Once the playoffs start at least. Until that point, they're in the RP tree.

* Chemistries: Is it still popular to beef up your main attribute for high chemistries? I understand they aren't multiplicative in West anymore? They add a constant 30 on each level (I think I read that)?

You'll want to beef up on your main to a certain point. Then buy Vegas Tickets for your players to jump your chemistries to level 8. And I believe it's +20.

* Perks: What are they? How do you get them? What are they for? Are they effective?

There are a few ways to get them. Every night, there is a challenge for your team (one player with 6 off rebounds, 8 steals, 8 blocks, etc) that if you accomplish, and win the game, you get a perk point. Secondly, you can get them with player skills. Each tree has a skill that grants the player +1 perk every night, and in the RP tree there is High Profile, which gives every player on the team a perk point for each player that has the skill set at gametime. With these 2 skills, you can get 11 perk points a game. Thirdly, you can purchase them for 8 TC.

Perk points are used for purchasing perks, which can be used on a variety of skills. +1 to your attributes, chem level increases, nickname unlocks, and more are your options.

* Team Builds: What's with all the funky team builds now? Is the prevailing strategy high mains or more balanced?

Most teams use fairly traditional builds, with a bit more emphasis on balance.

* Rollback: Is it true that you start exactly the same every season regardless of what you did the previous season with your attributes? ie a 7'1 Blocker and 7'1 Rebounder will rollback to the exact same attributes at the beginning of next season?

Every player starts at 705 each season, with 60 endurance. Exact starting levels for specific skills are determined by height and position.

* Teams: What's with all the one user teams? And why is there so little teams that are actually active? Only like 5. Is there a reason for this? What can be done to get more users involved in West - especially if it doesn't cost that much and you don't need to train endurance?

West is a "pay once and you're good for life" league, so it grants users the ability to control entire teams for very little money compared to other leagues. With that, the current meta of rushing 900 TTP and getting High Profile is very taxing and requires almost constant presence on the site. Success for the season is determined in the first few days of the season, and falling behind early dooms you. I would guess because of that that it's a daunting task to start up a new competing team here when other teams have their training strategies down to a science.

Team Nucleus is trying to give West an adrenaline shot to the heart with a draft, but the idea received a lukewarm reception. Not much in the way of other ideas has been offered, outside of the elimination of High Profile.

Evil Empire
First Team - Season 30, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 38, 41 | Second Team - Season 31, 34, 37, 38, 40, 41
DPoY - Season 34 | All Defense - Season 29, 30, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 41 | Playoff MVP - Season 39
Champion - Season 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 38 - TGP | Season 35 - We Hunt for Naked Girls | Season 37 - Public Enemies | Season 38, 39 - High Hopes

#3 2013-06-16 08:21:24

Harbour
Captain Kiwi
PM  Website

Wow - very helpful MenZ.

How exactly does Vegas Ticket perk work? If one chem partner uses it, your chemistry jumps a level - or do both have to use it? Can you get as many as you like (If you get 12 perks for 42 days I imagine you could get to Level 8 chemistry just by doing that?)

Do most teams use this to get to Level 8 Chemistrys?

5 Rings (S6 Franchise Underdogs, S8 Franchise Underdogs, S16 Even Money, S18 The Studmuffin Bakery, S45 Franchise Connection)

#4 2013-06-16 08:28:45

MenZ
Saturn Ascends
PM

One partner uses it and both gain the benefit. If each player buys one that's 2 chem levels for the pair and you only have to train your main to level 6, minus however many perks you want to use to get to 325.

Basically, the strategy for West right now is level 8 mains and level 4+ secondaries.

Evil Empire
First Team - Season 30, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 38, 41 | Second Team - Season 31, 34, 37, 38, 40, 41
DPoY - Season 34 | All Defense - Season 29, 30, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 41 | Playoff MVP - Season 39
Champion - Season 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 38 - TGP | Season 35 - We Hunt for Naked Girls | Season 37 - Public Enemies | Season 38, 39 - High Hopes

#5 2013-06-16 08:43:22

Harbour
Captain Kiwi
PM  Website

Does that mean each player can only use Vegas Ticket once?

This is really great, thank you.

By "Level 4+ Secondaries" does that simply mean train them to around 220-270 - or you can have more than one chemistry now, because if that is the case, I definitely missed that one. Or is that by using Offensive and Defensive speciality skill? Is there an equivalent for BH/Leadership/FT players?

Also - with Skills, how much are Total Coverage and Triple Threat used (ie in the playoffs), they don't seem to be that powerful?
- Skills like gamebreaker and boom-shaka-laka etc seem weak - are they ever used? [Reading in between the lines, which skills are used and which skills are ignored by most teams?]

In which order is everything added together? Is it still: Base * Skill Tree Additions + Chem (adding 20 for each level) and then negated by the other team's "team skills"? I have forgotten.

Last edited by Harbour (2013-06-16 08:45:38)

#6 2013-06-16 08:51:46

MenZ
Saturn Ascends
PM

Harbour wrote:

Does that mean each player can only use Vegas Ticket once?

Each player can use Vegas Ticket as many times as you can afford, should you wish to. Level 8 is the maximum chem level now though, which wasn't always the case.

By "Level 4+ Secondaries" does that simply mean train them to around 220-270 - or you can have more than one chemistry now, because if that is the case, I definitely missed that one. Or is that by using Offensive and Defensive speciality skill? Is there an equivalent for BH/Leadership/FT players?

Yeah, I meant with Specialty. There is, unfortunately, no equivalent in the RP tree.

Also - with Skills, how much are Total Coverage and Triple Threat used (ie in the playoffs), they don't seem to be that powerful?
- Skills like gamebreaker and boom-shaka-laka etc seem weak - are they ever used? [Reading in between the lines, which skills are used and which skills are ignored by most teams?]

To be honest, I've not used them before. However, with the extra skill points we get now with the huge endurance boost, I'll have to take a second look at them.

In which order is everything added together? Is it still: Base * Skill Tree Additions + Chem (adding 20 for each level) and then negated by the other team's "team skills"? I have forgotten.

I believe that is correct.

Evil Empire

#7 2013-06-16 08:55:03

Harbour
Captain Kiwi
PM  Website

Thank you for all your help. Further question on Vegas Ticket effect.

So, with 10+ perk points per player per day - Every 5 days you could buy Vegas Ticket, and by day 20 - every pair will have Level 8 Chems?

Hmm.

#8 2013-06-16 09:01:09

MenZ
Saturn Ascends
PM

You'd have to wait until day 9-10 to start collecting that many perks, but by day 30 you could have everyone at level 8. However, though I'm not certain on this, you cannot gain chemistry levels naturally after using Vegas Ticket. Not that you'd really need to with that strategy I guess.

Evil Empire

#9 2013-06-16 14:02:06

mattya802
PM

Wow, wasn't even taken into consideration that only 1 person from the chem pair needed to buy the Vegas Ticket. Good news lol

http://www.courtrivals.com/images/sigs/25106.jpg
Bird - Season 11 Champs!    Obvious troll is obvious, and therefore easy to ignore - <3 MenZ
Classic - Franchise Connection
West - BM (captain), CR Veterans     Total: 5 championships

Board footer